Flowa's "FloGram" with my new Gnine Strain!! MoNsteR plant Scrog

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
d1esel

d1esel

good deal! i think you wont go back, the girls will thank you! i havent put my lights as close as flowamasta suggested but i also run 4 23watt cfl"s with the those cheap clamping /adjustable fixtures. I think he's on to something dropping them bare!

flowamasta

flowamasta

The grow cylinder solves the distance problem, and the opportunity to run multiple four foot UVB tubes addresses the intensity issues nicely. Should I consider moving the tubes inside the cylinder? This would reduce shading and would spread the UVB intensity around.
I'm confused on the cylinder, is this glass? i would leave them open to the plants, but i may be confused on the cylinder... getting there! so many things to see :) i'll check yours out very shortly!

pull the trigger already ttystikk, uvb makes a noticable difference! my diesel is eye-crossing good, thank you flowamasta,definitely helped me out! looking forward to the new grow...takin notes!
lol :) good man!! UVB will be for this new generation. It can only get better from here on!

ttystikk

ttystikk

good deal! i think you wont go back, the girls will thank you! i havent put my lights as close as flowamasta suggested but i also run 4 23watt cfl"s with the those cheap clamping /adjustable fixtures. I think he's on to something dropping them bare!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking- keeping it real... naked, lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm confused on the cylinder, is this glass? i would leave them open to the plants, but i may be confused on the cylinder... getting there! so many things to see :) i'll check yours out very shortly!

lol :) good man!! UVB will be for this new generation. It can only get better from here on!

Start on the floor, with two 100 liter tubs. Each will house the base of one plant, which will grow up the outside of a length of 1.2m tall field fencing, with roughly 10cm squares where the wire crosses. Each length of field fencing is 2m long, bent into a half circle and set on top of its tub. The ends of the two deficiencies of fencing join, forming a vertical cylinder. The plant grows up the outside of this cylinder and send shoots inside. When I flip it to bloom, I'll manage these shoots so it fills in the canopy.

I'm expecting 1.5kg, I think the system could manage two... per 1kW bulb. Opening the cylinder up and laying it out flat shows how much surface area is packed in there- it's the same square footage as in my 2.5m square bloom room, lit by four thousand watt bulbs!

ttystikk

ttystikk

The bulb in the middle of the cylinder will be on a vertical light mover of my own design, to eliminate hot spots and lead shading. There will be a small fan to blow air on the plants, but none US needed to keep it cool- the whole thing acts like a chimney, sucking cool air and CO² from near the floor and warming it as it rises, carrying the heat right out the top.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking- keeping it real... naked, lol
If you can reflect the UVB to improve on intensity, then by all means, as long as it doesn't block out valuable HPS or other lighting i say go for it! reflectors make a huge difference, and especially since these lights are all about intensity, i'll go have a look at the box............. It says the reflector designed for the CFL types are directed down to DOUBLE!!! the intesity of the UVA/UVB output. It also states, and dont get me wrong here.... this IS designed for reptile use so keep that in mind, but plants ARE living !! and they do have a 'skeleton' in a way.. Ok the box says : Reduces the risk of bone cancer and or disease in all reptiles that require UVA and UVB and aids in the GET THIS!! : 'Aids in The metabolic system of their skeleton' Now think about this for a second... How does it help their skeleton?? Through X-RAY spectrums. THATS HOW. :) The secret IS OUT. These Unique X-ray like spectrums that are beyond what the human eye can see (being about 400-420nm of light is out human limit) and penetrate far deeper than any HPS light, and without the harmful effects as plants lack the ability to get cancer or bone disease! ;) These UVB spectrums are very special, unique rays, and must not be looked at. I say THIS because i actually have a small amount of damage to my sight not because of the lamps, but they are alot more sensitive to THIS light, and i know to turn it off before i open the tent as it gives me an immense headache

I truly believe this is valuable information especially for those seeking High CBD strains, and looking for that maximum resin coverage, or ANY grower for that matter eager to gain the potential of their strain!

flowamasta

flowamasta

I've also read, and confirmed that UVB rays get dispersed and reduced significantly by passing through glass, whereas UVA does NOT. UVB spectrums are like mmmmmmm <----- wavelength, and UVA is like ~~~~~~~~~~~ You can see which wavelength would travel further requiring less energy. UVB energy molecules move in a magnetic like vortex but can be easily filtered out. I can copy and paste some UVB information or actually a link.... the PDF cannot be sent thru this site :(, well one of them, i don't like copying and pasting, but this should be available to the public openly. Whats strange is when vied in daylight using the UVB to look at dried buds, the resin almost becomes invisible due to the X-ray like spectrum.

link:

ttystikk

ttystikk

Good info, flowamasta! I'm already planning a dead switch on the door of my bloomroom so it cuts the UVB circuits anytime it's opened.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Good info, flowamasta! I'm already planning a dead switch on the door of my bloomroom so it cuts the UVB circuits anytime it's opened.
Thats a great idea tt! I like .. i LIKE :) man, been a while since i updated hasn't it!? Having a house inspection today, so she's all tucked into the corner of the room, looking like a massive cupboard! again.... 8th round this time, and she's already a huge bush, and this nice head-start has given me a huge advantage! another 4 weeks of vegging to go from here on!! I will only be using the 2nd 600 for a few hours a night, to keep temps down, i;ve been told this strain is extremely hardy, and loves this climate, and she's bushed out like you wouldn't believe! I'll post updates once the inspections over and she's all set up again :) A looong day indeed, been up since 5am cleaning, and airing the skunk out of the house. I've had to keep the carbon filter going as the smell from this strain is putrid even in grow phase. 4 weeks might even be too long. I'm talking the size of the pot already! 2lb here i come :p wishful thinking.....

flowamasta

flowamasta

Got a few nice pics to share with you guys tonight! My little Amster Gold clone flowering away in the tent is looking marvelous. and showing some awesome colours for sure!

Also my Gnine strain is on day 20 vegging, still a long way to go yet. anoither 3-4 weeks perhaps. She's growing mental!

Starting with Amsterdam Gold outside!, she may be little, but she's an absolute stinker :p and her purple colours are wild!! She's force flowered during the cold winter in a small greenhouse, next to another sister clone perhaps 3 times her size.

SAM 3177
SAM 3192
SAM 3194
SAM 3196
SAM 3197
SAM 3199
SAM 3207
SAM 3214

ttystikk

ttystikk

Looking beastly, as always, my friend!

I'm in the midst of a refit; instead of a dozen site system under 4kW, I'm going to use just four big 27 gallon/ 96 liter tubs, in the same 8' or 2'5 meter square. I'm going to see if I can grow monsters like Capulator!

flowamasta

flowamasta

Looking beastly, as always, my friend!

I'm in the midst of a refit; instead of a dozen site system under 4kW, I'm going to use just four big 27 gallon/ 96 liter tubs, in the same 8' or 2'5 meter square. I'm going to see if I can grow monsters like Capulator!
Thanx Tt!! I'm getting the feeling this girl is going to be a monster!
Topped her mains last night, made 8 clones, 4 big/4 small :) Cleaned up another top tonight before the net goes in, it's time to spread her wings :)

A few different settings on the camera just to give some variety! Some may think my lights look dull, its just my aperture and shutter speed setting, it allows great detail without all the washout from over saturation, One pic being close to real life.... sort of

SAM 3302
SAM 3307
SAM 3309
SAM 3314
SAM 3318
SAM 3324

Not bad growth for 29 days, i would of topped earlier but i have extra time to grow this girl fat and wide! I've never gone over 35 days vegging yet, don't know how much over that i'll get, but some training is in order soon, to fill every corner and gap :)

Memories........ some beautiful past grow memories, always good to bring out the old days :)

SAM 0173
Flowamasta 01
P1060033
Start of week 6
P9130389

Weird how different each grow is eh!?

flowamasta

flowamasta

Thanx for checkin out the old pics :) Today might involve a couple of updates I checked outside and have some new pics to upload soon of the little frosty Amster Gold 'clones' as well of the newest update of 'Gnine' AKA Glasshouse 9
Day 32 Grow Phase.
SAM 3333
SAM 3336
SAM 3341
SAM 3345

ttystikk

ttystikk

I just thought I would mention that my browser has trouble with so many high res pics on one page... is anyone else having this problem?

I recognize a lot of those old pics, suffice to say that your setup is a big influence on my current direction!

flowamasta

flowamasta

I just thought I would mention that my browser has trouble with so many high res pics on one page... is anyone else having this problem?

I recognize a lot of those old pics, suffice to say that your setup is a big influence on my current direction!
I have heard this is an issue with a few people, maybe a slow connection or system cache memory needs clearing/history... I am used to this 2mb/sec download speed! If i remember i will downgrade the larger full scale pics to be a speedier more friendly 2mb instead of 6 and see how the quality goes. Cheers for mentioning, i am becoming more aware there is more people with slower connections. I still would try the system cache memory/history just to keep all available ram available :) from what ive been told anyway!

ttystikk

ttystikk

My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I'd the fastest, best connected personal computer I've ever owned. It gives up nothing except keyboard size to bigger machines. My wireless router is N speed certified and my cable based internet connection runs from 4-12Mbps. My technology and connectivity is not the problem.

The default for these threads is 20 posts per page. If the thread averages one or two pics per post, the page loads fine- which is still a full 40 high res pics! I've noticed however that when a given page has 100 or more of these pics on the page, it bogs down like I'm downloading a movie.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE your photography! Your work has been very helpful in extending my understanding of single plant grows, large capacity hempy tubs for growing, and especially your UVB experiments.

I'm just mentioning the issue so we can figure out how to address it without driving anyone away in frustration.

flowamasta

flowamasta

My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I'd the fastest, best connected personal computer I've ever owned. It gives up nothing except keyboard size to bigger machines. My wireless router is N speed certified and my cable based internet connection runs from 4-12Mbps. My technology and connectivity is not the problem.

The default for these threads is 20 posts per page. If the thread averages one or two pics per post, the page loads fine- which is still a full 40 high res pics! I've noticed however that when a given page has 100 or more of these pics on the page, it bogs down like I'm downloading a movie.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE your photography! Your work has been very helpful in extending my understanding of single plant grows, large capacity hempy tubs for growing, and especially your UVB experiments.

I'm just mentioning the issue so we can figure out how to address it without driving anyone away in frustration.
I understand your reasoning, sorry for tonights post also, a couple of high ressies ;) I will change the output on my camera, and try not to put so many pics up. I'm literally obsessed lol :p I still am confused to why the page takes so long?! on my mac the entire page is loaded in under 10 seconds most of the time and i keep history and cache clean. This might be something to do with the conversion from mac/windows perhaps i'm really not sure. I had issues when i used my downloads up, but now with unlimited the bandwidth is flatout.

Thanx for informing me, i appreciate the feedback! :) Damn 7mb photos :( Sometimes they can be more! I love cropping pics, so quality is of utmost importance for me when it comes to photography, I'll see what i can do.

Here is Amster gold's babies, the tallest being the youngest and only outside for a couple of weeks and just starting to get it on, and the little one if frosted up and whofting massive amounts of beautiful aromas into the air!
love her colours to which seem to be just starting to come through now.

SAM 3351
SAM 3352
SAM 3362
SAM 3365

flowamasta

flowamasta

Yeah, don't cut the resolution for me- those look way too juicy!
lol :) i'll try not to add so many pics! I can get easily carried away..... i have in excess of 15gb of images alone! easy to do when they are 6-7mb each at full size. I love the camera, she even captures the moon with all her detail even in movie mode :)

Yeah i think the little Amsterdam clones will be tasty nonetheless!! They smell amazing

Latest posts

Top Bottom