Flowering Advice Help Not Sure

• Thread starter 185
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Bubblegum Fem Free is in flowering stage but not sure if it is ready for harvesting . Started March 4 2022
Growing them in a room with grow lights and a fan , Fox Farm Soil & Foxfarm nutrients They smell wonderful & I can see clear crystals on some and orange hair or what ever it is called ? Really worried about my plants since they are the only kids I have . I appreciate any help from you guys and thank you .
( Cut back on most of the big fan leaves already )

Flowering  advice help not sure
Flowering  advice help not sure 2
Heywood

Heywood

No not ready. The stigma (hairs) are still very white.
You should really be going by the trichomes though.
Ideally you want roughly 20% - 30% amber colored with the remaining mostly cloudy.
I am sure all of your are crystal clear at this point.

You cannot tell with the naked eye, nor a cell picture, really.
Get a jeweler's loupe from a grow store or Amazon.
Or you could do a camera attachment, but you need something to magnify the trichomes.

YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan

Bubblegum Fem Free is in flowering stage but not sure if it is ready for harvesting . Started March 4 2022
Growing them in a room with grow lights and a fan , Fox Farm Soil & Foxfarm nutrients They smell wonderful & I can see clear crystals on some and orange hair or what ever it is called ? Really worried about my plants since they are the only kids I have . I appreciate any help from you guys and thank you .
( Cut back on most of the big fan leaves already )
At least 4 weeks. The second pic looks like it needs even more. And I don't go by trichs. Just looking at the plant and buds should basically tell you when it's ready.

No not ready. The stigma (hairs) are still very white.
You should really be going by the trichomes though.
Ideally you want roughly 20% - 30% amber colored with the remaining mostly cloudy.
I am sure all of your are crystal clear at this point.

You cannot tell with the naked eye, nor a cell picture, really.
Get a jeweler's loupe from a grow store or Amazon.
Or you could do a camera attachment, but you need something to magnify the trichomes.

Heywood , I do have a jeweler's loupe and a Magnifying glass and I will look at the trichomes and is their something I should be looking for ? Thanks Heywood :)

Heywood

Heywood

Heywood , I do have a jeweler's loupe and a Magnifying glass and I will look at the trichomes and is their something I should be looking for ? Thanks Heywood :)
Hi 185. Ok so here is a picture that will show you the various colorings that the trichomes go through.
When they first start to appear, they are very clear. As the flowers mature, the plant produces more and more of them and then they will start to cloud over.
These are where all the good shit is... the THC, the cannabinoids, the terpenes... everything that we are after are in these trichomes.

The stage where they start to turn amber is when you really want to keep an eye on them each day and cut them down when there are around 25% of them being amber. Most of the rest should be cloudy. You'll have some clear ones. No problem.

This is on a very basic level, but the cloudy ones typically will give you more of a cerebral, functioning, "Let's go put that Ikea cabinet together" type of high.
The more that they are amber, is more of the... "I'm sitting my ass on the couch and binge watching Game of Thrones for the next 7 hours."
That is also known as couch-lock. So this is kind of where you can control the type of high that you want.

But also, the type of strain - be it Sativa or Indica dominant, also lends itself to those effects.
Indica is more prone to give the couch lock effect.
Sativa generally gives that functional cerebral high.
Hybrids are just that... a mix of the two with various ratios of each.

So that should help you out.
Look for there to be some amber trichs before you chop them down.
Don't go too far to where you have all amber, because by that time they start degrading in quality.

Trichs

Hi 185. Ok so here is a picture that will show you the various colorings that the trichomes go through.
When they first start to appear, they are very clear. As the flowers mature, the plant produces more and more of them and then they will start to cloud over.
These are where all the good shit is... the THC, the cannabinoids, the terpenes... everything that we are after are in these trichomes.

The stage where they start to turn amber is when you really want to keep an eye on them each day and cut them down when there are around 25% of them being amber. Most of the rest should be cloudy. You'll have some clear ones. No problem.

This is on a very basic level, but the cloudy ones typically will give you more of a cerebral, functioning, "Let's go put that Ikea cabinet together" type of high.
The more that they are amber, is more of the... "I'm sitting my ass on the couch and binge watching Game of Thrones for the next 7 hours."
That is also known as couch-lock. So this is kind of where you can control the type of high that you want.

But also, the type of strain - be it Sativa or Indica dominant, also lends itself to those effects.
Indica is more prone to give the couch lock effect.
Sativa generally gives that functional cerebral high.
Hybrids are just that... a mix of the two with various ratios of each.

So that should help you out.
Look for there to be some amber trichs before you chop them down.
Don't go too far to where you have all amber, because by that time they start degrading in quality.

View attachment 1247105
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom