Flowering Indoor To Outdoor, Revert To Veg?

• Thread starter BackAtIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

So..
I started this alleged OG pheno from seed too early...back in Feb. It was outdoor in day and had supplemental CFL at night to give it 14/10. Never less than 13/11. I toppeed, transplanted and then put outdoors after the time change.
She now has flowers. I cant be sure it did not have ruderalis / AF genes, since I didon't know the grower, but the seed was 1 of a few in a batch from local dispensary.
Question is: What can/do I do at this point? I don't have a dark room to flower and I know she is mature. 1) Any way to know if it is flowering from AF genes or if it could have been environmental (stress from prune or at 13 hours light)? 2) What happens if I grow her out through season? Should I pinch flowers, take cuts, or leave alone AND will she revert to veg? Can I induce her to re-veg?
This is a new topic for me, as it's 1st grow in decades and prior grows were all in controlled indoor.
Thanks guys! Happy Mothers Day to mothers and mother plants alike. ;)

Flowering indoor to outdoor revert to veg
Flowering indoor to outdoor revert to veg 2
Flowering indoor to outdoor revert to veg 3
Farmer P

Farmer P

You could just keep it outside and see if it reverts back. If you want to continue flower you could figure out a way to cut down the light to 12/12. Put it in a dark place the same time every night to keep the 12/12 schedule. You could get a big trash can and put it upside down over it every night at the same time to cut the light. If it reverts back to veg it will get a lot bigger and flower again when nature cuts the light down. Good luck and welcome to the farm!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

You could just keep it outside and see if it reverts back. If you want to continue flower you could figure out a way to cut down the light to 12/12. Put it in a dark place the same time every night to keep the 12/12 schedule. You could get a big trash can and put it upside down over it every night at the same time to cut the light. If it reverts back to veg it will get a lot bigger and flower again when nature cuts the light down. Good luck and welcome to the farm!

That's a good idea! Thanks Farmer P. I definitely don't mind waiting for nature. It would be my preference. Just didn't know if it could hermie at this stage or if it does revert (assuming it's not AF) if the existing flowers shold remain or be pinched and what it would do to growth pattern. Thanks again!

Farmer P

Farmer P

No Problem. I'm dealing with the same thing right now . I'm trying the "cut the light down" trick to keep them in flower. I'm hoping to finish them fast and start another round to get two harvests this summer. It's working so far. Its a little work to remember to go out twice a day to uncover and re-cover them though.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

Labors of love! I think I'll follow that tip and see her through flower. I just put these three clones out that I'm more invested in seeing their potential yield (Sour D x Skunk, a Oaxcan x Neville's Haze and a Tangerine Mist). See below.

20170514 094157
Top Bottom