Flowering Light Cycle Split

• Thread starter Oregonak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonak

Oregonak

Hello folks. Have a bloom cycle starting soon (gods permiting) and have always wondered if it matters which side of the veg light you deduct six hours from, assuming an 18 hr veg cycle. Or if it even matters in an artificial environment. I would hypothesize yes.

By deduct from side I mean do we make the sun set six hours sooner by taking six hours off the end? Or do we make the sun come up six hours later by taking six hours off the front?

Have thought about this for years but have never tested it. Anyone else ever wonder about this or maybe tested it out?

dmshayne

dmshayne

I always set it evenly to stop sooner and start later as this mimics the natural cycle of the sun.

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

In nature as summer comes to end the sun sets sooner and will rise latter so to be on par with nature you would shave a little on both ends.

In practice IMO it does not matter. I have even gone as far as to flip my day and nigh cycle mid bloom. I always adjust my digital timers for daylight savings. If it is just one change I don't think it will hurt. Changing times often and inconsistent on off times does impact the plant.

Top Bottom