flowering & maturation

• Thread starter ghost79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ghost79

ghost79

It's been 4 weeks now and 3 day's and this is what my plants look like. Do I need help? Or, does it just take a long, slow time to flower. I thought by now they would be much more profuse. Is there any input anybody might have to help me get these plants speeded up a little bit. The photoperiod was interuppted several times because of some pirates that took 3 plants, so I had to move them to another location. Anyway, is this stage of growth normal, or am I tripping?

Flowering  maturation
Flowering  maturation 2
Flowering  maturation 3
Flowering  maturation 4
Flowering  maturation 5
B

baron1212

Are you saying they have been in bud for little over 30 days?And are they getting enuff light,and how much are they being fed,there are alot of differentreason for small bud formation.But you prob. put your plants thru a bunch of stress moving them they dont like having th photo period screwed up!plus diff strains have diff finishing times and alot of other factors.My suggestion is ur seasons coming to an end and just keepem in as much light as possiable.Oh check your soil for ph level i stay around 6.2-6.8 for soil

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Depending where your at it looks like normal budset. My plant outdoors in CO is just a little behind yours. The transition to budding is slow outside its not like flipping lights to 12/12 and they start budding.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Having the photoperiod interrupted will cause a delay in bud maturation and potentially cause other problems. Having the photoperiod interrupted several times is definitely what your issue is. You may end up with some poor harvests because of it, you may also see the plants start to put out male flowers too. I would not toatally scrap the project, but I also would not expect the best harvest ever. Your plants may recover just fine and provide a decent harvest for you, it is kind of up to the plants at this point. But in the future I would highly suggest avoiding the interruption of the dark period.

ghost79

ghost79

Are you saying they have been in bud for little over 30 days?And are they getting enuff light,and how much are they being fed,there are alot of differentreason for small bud formation.But you prob. put your plants thru a bunch of stress moving them they dont like having th photo period screwed up!plus diff strains have diff finishing times and alot of other factors.My suggestion is ur seasons coming to an end and just keepem in as much light as possiable.Oh check your soil for ph level i stay around 6.2-6.8 for soil
HI BARON 1212, WELL, THEY HAVE BEEN IN THE FLOWERING CYCLE NOW FOR PRECISELY (26 DAY'S) ACTUALLY. THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING ADEQUATE DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR OVER 5 HOURS PER DAY, MORE LIKE 6-7 HRS. OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT! SINCE I'VE MOVED THEM LESS THAN A WEEK AGO, THERE NOW GETTING 5-6 HOURS OF DIRECT LIGHT. SO, I DON'T THINK THAT'S THE PROBLEM. THEY ARE BEING FEED W/ HEAVY HARVEST " FALL BLEND" OUTDOOR FERTILIZER BY ADVANCED NUTRIENTS ON A REGULAR MONTHLY BASIS AS DIRECTED. I DEFINITELY PUT THEM THROUGH TREMENDOUS STRESS MOVING THEM AND HAVING THE DARK CYCLE INTERUPTED, AND IN ADITTION THE LIGHT CYCLE HAS BEEN INTERUPTED ALL TOGETHER 4 DIFFERENT TIMES BECAUSE OF THE SCUMBAG PIRATES AND MOVING THEM. THEREFORE, I BELIEVE IT'S THE INTERUPTION OF THE LIGHT CYCLE. WHEN THE LIGHT CYCLE IS INTERUPTED EVEN JUST ONCE IT CAN SET BACK THE MATURATION TIME FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS. AS FOR THE DIFFERENT STRAINS AND MATURATION TIME, THEY ALL REQUIRE 8 WEEKS OF FLOWERING, SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT. I'LL CHECK THE PH LEVEL OF THE SOIL, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO? ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS BARON 1212 FOR THE INTEL!

ghost79

ghost79

Depending where your at it looks like normal budset. My plant outdoors in CO is just a little behind yours. The transition to budding is slow outside its not like flipping lights to 12/12 and they start budding.
I'm in upstate NY, what's your latitude? I didn't know that when outdoors the flowering cycle is much slower than flipping lights to 12/12. Thank you for the info.

ghost79

ghost79

Having the photoperiod interrupted will cause a delay in bud maturation and potentially cause other problems. Having the photoperiod interrupted several times is definitely what your issue is. You may end up with some poor harvests because of it, you may also see the plants start to put out male flowers too. I would not toatally scrap the project, but I also would not expect the best harvest ever. Your plants may recover just fine and provide a decent harvest for you, it is kind of up to the plants at this point. But in the future I would highly suggest avoiding the interruption of the dark period.
Hi SMOKING GUN, I'm in upstate NY, what's your latitude? I didn't know that when outdoors the flowering cycle is much slower than flipping lights to 12/12. Thank you for the info.

ghost79

ghost79

HI SMOKING GUN, what other potential problems can it cause other than a poor harvest and potentially male flowers? I should probably watch out now for any male/hermaphrodite flower formation right up until harvest, what do you think? Should I check them daily? Thanks for all your help!

B

baron1212

actually this is my first year outdoor.Ive grown for almost 9 years now but its all been indoor.I got the indoor soil organic,down pretty good.Used 2 1000 watters @ biggest grow but usally 1 1000 flower n 1 1000 watt for veg which is more than i need for real but will buy new light setup with new indoor deal.
HI BARON 1212, WELL, THEY HAVE BEEN IN THE FLOWERING CYCLE NOW FOR PRECISELY (26 DAY'S) ACTUALLY. THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING ADEQUATE DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR OVER 5 HOURS PER DAY, MORE LIKE 6-7 HRS. OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT! SINCE I'VE MOVED THEM LESS THAN A WEEK AGO, THERE NOW GETTING 5-6 HOURS OF DIRECT LIGHT. SO, I DON'T THINK THAT'S THE PROBLEM. THEY ARE BEING FEED W/ HEAVY HARVEST " FALL BLEND" OUTDOOR FERTILIZER BY ADVANCED NUTRIENTS ON A REGULAR MONTHLY BASIS AS DIRECTED. I DEFINITELY PUT THEM THROUGH TREMENDOUS STRESS MOVING THEM AND HAVING THE DARK CYCLE INTERUPTED, AND IN ADITTION THE LIGHT CYCLE HAS BEEN INTERUPTED ALL TOGETHER 4 DIFFERENT TIMES BECAUSE OF THE SCUMBAG PIRATES AND MOVING THEM. THEREFORE, I BELIEVE IT'S THE INTERUPTION OF THE LIGHT CYCLE. WHEN THE LIGHT CYCLE IS INTERUPTED EVEN JUST ONCE IT CAN SET BACK THE MATURATION TIME FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS. AS FOR THE DIFFERENT STRAINS AND MATURATION TIME, THEY ALL REQUIRE 8 WEEKS OF FLOWERING, SO I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT. I'LL CHECK THE PH LEVEL OF THE SOIL, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO? ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS BARON 1212 FOR THE INTEL!

B

baron1212

indoor and outdoor are as im finding out to be 2 diff .deals altogether

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The Pics in the OP are hard to look at. o_O
How do you know it's been Precisely 26 days ?

they dont look 26 days to me:cool:

If those were mine....I would give them some sort of bloom booster..;)
Good Growing to ya Bro.

Passingjoint

I have these outside in Cali they are bout 30 days into flower:p

Rockcandy1bicbud9 4

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Wow nice bud Ken! Dude if you are in Upstate new york Id say something is seriously wrong! You should be further into flowering than KEN! I have read that superthrive has a hormone in it that slows the transition into flowering. Not sure if you use this but somethings going on! Good Luck!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

HI SMOKING GUN, what other potential problems can it cause other than a poor harvest and potentially male flowers? I should probably watch out now for any male/hermaphrodite flower formation right up until harvest, what do you think? Should I check them daily? Thanks for all your help!

Those would be my main concerns. Light stress is not all that harsh on the plants, but it is still stress. Just keep an eye on them make sure you don't start to see other problems develop.

Wow nice bud Ken! Dude if you are in Upstate new york Id say something is seriously wrong! You should be further into flowering than KEN! I have read that superthrive has a hormone in it that slows the transition into flowering. Not sure if you use this but somethings going on! Good Luck!

Walter this is not true. As you approach the equator the days become more evenly split, closer to a 12/12 daylight cycle. So at higher latitudes the days are longer in the summers than latitudes that approach the equator. So in fact at this time of year someone in southern California will be further along than someone in upstate New York. In New York the sunrise is just before 6am while sunset is still after 7pm. However the change in lighting hours should trigger the flowering response. But as Ghost already said, it is light period interruption that is the culprit of his delay in flower formation.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Those would be my main concerns. Light stress is not all that harsh on the plants, but it is still stress. Just keep an eye on them make sure you don't start to see other problems develop.

Walter this is not true. As you approach the equator the days become more evenly split, closer to a 12/12 daylight cycle. So at higher latitudes the days are longer in the summers than latitudes that approach the equator. So in fact at this time of year someone in southern California will be further along than someone in upstate New York. In New York the sunrise is just before 6am while sunset is still after 7pm. However the change in lighting hours should trigger the flowering response. But as Ghost already said, it is light period interruption that is the culprit of his delay in flower formation.
Hmm this is interesting... I have no book learnings on the subject but this seems to work against what I know about mother nature. Not questioning your expertise as I already admitted to not knowing nothin.
I'm in upstate NY, what's your latitude? I didn't know that when outdoors the flowering cycle is much slower than flipping lights to 12/12. Thank you for the info.
Hey ghost Did they get darkness when they should have been getting light? Or did they get light during their dark period?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hmm this is interesting... I have no book learnings on the subject but this seems to work against what I know about mother nature. Not questioning your expertise as I already admitted to not knowing nothin.
Hey ghost Did they get darkness when they should have been getting light? Or did they get light during their dark period?

Yes, the dark period was interrupted, he said it a few times.

As far as lighting cycles, it takes no learning to understand. Lets use the extreme examples. Alaska has a period every year when the sun is out for 24 hours, and then at the opposite end of the year an equal amount of days that are completely devoid of light. This is due to the extreme northern latitudes in which Alaska lies. There the summer days are longer than the rest of the continental United States, and the winter days are shorter. Now lets take a look at Hawaii, the state closest to the equator. There the days are almost the same length year round. This is part of why there are 4 growing seasons in Hawaii, and also why most varieties will go into flower much quicker in Hawaii than in most places in the continental United States. All of this simply has to do with the angle of the earths axis during the different seasons.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Man, I am out of practice with my TPB references, its been a few years since I have watched that show. But I won't be spilling my rum and coke on my jalapeno chips.

Top Bottom