Flowering The Tally Mon Journal

• Thread starter Knox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Knox

Knox

Hey everyone recently found the forum after setting up my first tents, I've recently started growing in a more serious manner and this will be my first personal grow in years.

I'm flipping my flower tent today and am definitely starting to feel that satisfactory feeling you get knowing the care and effort you put into your setup and tending your garden starts to pay off :)

5 Tally Mon plants in 3 Gallon pots - in soil less peat mix (pro mix hp)
32"x32"x63" Tent
BP2500 running at 180w dialed back from 250w - 12" clearance
Techna Flora Recipe

I picked up 5 Tally Mon clones (full on small plants at the time) which I had to top off pretty drastically for height. they've had about a week and a half to recover and have done well, and again because of height limitations I pretty much have to flip now. so I've just swapped over my timer this morning and they will be going into 12/12 at 10pm tonight.
Flowering the tally mon journal 2

Flowering the tally mon journal 4

Took clones for future mothers immediately before topping and they are existing in the veg tent.

I noticed a bit of nute burn on a few leaves after a feeding the other day, so I gave them a little flush of ph'd filtered water as soon as I noticed it (I didn't mind to check on feeding schedule before i brought home so probably should have buffered it with some waterings right off the bat, my bad) though i don't notice the few sections of burn spreading so i think we are good for now.
Flowering the tally mon journal 5

Here's a little DIY light baffle/dust filter: one at each out and intake of each tent.
Flowering the tally mon journal 3

made from: pre filter for air purifier (4-6 layers is completely light proof)
Flowering the tally mon journal

I've seen these cuts through a few harvests at work, and they produce some decently sized and incredibly sweet fruity smelling flowers.
Very excited to see what i can do with them.
Thanks for taking an interest and if you have any questions, would like more info, or have suggestions/constructive criticism I am all ears.

Until the next update ;)

Flowering the tally mon journal 6
Flowering the tally mon journal 7
Flowering the tally mon journal 8
Flowering the tally mon journal 9
Flowering the tally mon journal 10
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Please read and look at his plants. He has some nutrient problems I believe. But you have more experience than I do.
will do i have a few hrs of stuff im working on but will check back after to see if anyone has taken a look.

off the top i see likely the light is to intense

Anthem

Anthem

Hey everyone recently found the forum after setting up my first tents, I've recently started growing in a more serious manner and this will be my first personal grow in years.

I'm flipping my flower tent today and am definitely starting to feel that satisfactory feeling you get knowing the care and effort you put into your setup and tending your garden starts to pay off :)

5 Tally Mon plants in 3 Gallon pots - in soil less peat mix (pro mix hp)
32"x32"x63" Tent
BP2500 running at 180w dialed back from 250w - 12" clearance
Techna Flora Recipe

I picked up 5 Tally Mon clones (full on small plants at the time) which I had to top off pretty drastically for height. they've had about a week and a half to recover and have done well, and again because of height limitations I pretty much have to flip now. so I've just swapped over my timer this morning and they will be going into 12/12 at 10pm tonight. View attachment 1333065
View attachment 1333067
Took clones for future mothers immediately before topping and they are existing in the veg tent.

I noticed a bit of nute burn on a few leaves after a feeding the other day, so I gave them a little flush of ph'd filtered water as soon as I noticed it (I didn't mind to check on feeding schedule before i brought home so probably should have buffered it with some waterings right off the bat, my bad) though i don't notice the few sections of burn spreading so i think we are good for now.
View attachment 1333069
Here's a little DIY light baffle/dust filter: one at each out and intake of each tent.
View attachment 1333066
made from: pre filter for air purifier (4-6 layers is completely light proof)
View attachment 1333064
I've seen these cuts through a few harvests at work, and they produce some decently sized and incredibly sweet fruity smelling flowers.
Very excited to see what i can do with them.
Thanks for taking an interest and if you have any questions, would like more info, or have suggestions/constructive criticism I am all ears.

Until the next update ;)
Welcome to the farm. Please hold off on switching to 12/12 for flower. You are having some nutrient imbalance issue that need to be fixed before you flip to 12/12. The reason why I say imbalance is two things. #1. see the kind of purple hue on the fan leaves that is usually associated with P and the rust spots are not nutrient burn but lack of calcium. Calcium needs are highest the first 3 weeks of flower.
What is your media?

Knox

Knox

Welcome to the farm. Please hold off on switching to 12/12 for flower. You are having some nutrient imbalance issue that need to be fixed before you flip to 12/12. The reason why I say imbalance is two things. #1. see the kind of purple hue on the fan leaves that is usually associated with P and the rust spots are not nutrient burn but lack of calcium. Calcium needs are highest the first 3 weeks of flower.
What is your media?
Media is soil less peat mix/perlite. The purple hue might be due to camera to the naked eye its just green to deep green.

So you would recommend holding off on flipping them until i can supplement some calcium? I'm just concerned I'll have to end up trimming them back if I hold off on flipping sort of at max safe zone for height right now...

Would a little shot of MagiCal ( N - 2% Ca 3.25% Mg 1.25% Fe 0.11%) be an option or something else?

Last edited:
Knox

Knox

Media is soil less peat mix/perlite. The purple hue might be due to camera to the naked eye its just green to deep green.

So you would recommend holding off on flipping them until i can supplement some calcium? I'm just concerned I'll have to end up trimming them back if I hold off on flipping sort of at max safe zone for height right now...

Would a little shot of MagiCal ( N - 2% Ca 3.25% Mg 1.25% Fe 0.11%) be an option or something else?
also the last feeding did include MagiCal and these spots developed after the last feeding on a few leaves...

Knox

Knox

One week in and things are looking good. Roughly a day or two after starting 12/12 I made the decision to put in a screen to try and avoid any major issues with height because I'm fairly sure my light would of been crammed against the top of my tent in the best case. Not the least stressful route for the plants but I think it was needed. I managed to do little no damage and it definitely bought me several inches. I threw something together out of some pvc pipe and twine. It's not pretty, its not perfectly measured and its duct taped in for the time being but its doing its job and I've got a fair amount of bud sites coming up through the netting.

20230228 195419

I've cleaned up the lower section of the plants and left the shoots that are close enough to make it through the netting soon.

20230228 195433

Bud sites are starting to show signs and do their thing
(bad photo)
20230228 195444

Oh and here's some bonus clones cuz I took a picture.

20230228 195513

Stay safe! See you next week!

Knox

Knox

Ok So coming up to the end of week 2. Tomorrow should be a feeding day so they will get their first hit of flowering nutrients. (maybe a week or so late? feel free to chime in and let me know when you usually switch to flowering nutes)

I think the screen was a great idea, the stretch is real and i'm pretty sure I would of eventually been in trouble. Today I gently tied down 4-5 tops that were standing out among a mostly level canopy, all of which I was able to bend down over un occupied squares in the netting.
20230305 165509
20230305 165431
20230305 165500

I just discovered my phone has a macro mode so I was able to get a couple photos up close of these little budlets.
20230305 165554
20230305 165357

Stay safe and happy growing!
See you next week!

Last edited:
Knox

Knox

Day 15 After Flip
Went in today and did a bit of de leafing. Removed fan leaves from the lower nodes above the netting that were blocking light to other bud sites. Tried to go light on it and not remove anything that didn't NEED to go. I'm happy with the results - opened up pathways for numerous bud sites that were not receiving adequate light and airflow is much improved through the canopy.
20230308 101916
20230308 105150

Peace!

Knox

Knox

Day 16 after flip
Quick little update: noticed some trichomes developing. Couple photos here. Aaaaannnnnd we've got spider mites... They aren't too out of hand and I have predators ordered and on the way. They got a pyrethrin spray before flower so I'm sure that helped the situation. Hoping it doesn't get too bad before the preds have a chance to do their magic. Wish me luck! Any tips on how to keep spider mites in check while in flower?
20230309 180641
20230309 180608

Knox

Knox

Day 20 After Flip.
Coming up to the end off week 3 now. They got their first dose of flower solution shortly after the previous post. I did a hard swap from veg to flower nutrients but after a bit of consulting with others on the site, on the next round I'll be trying a more gradual transition and see how that goes. The spider mite issue hasn't gotten too much worse, damage is starting to show on some leaves though. Predators should arrive in a couple days so looking forward to that.
20230312 170612
20230312 170636
20230312 170757
20230312 170708

Last edited:
Knox

Knox

Day 27 After Flip

Whats up everyone! ☮️

Week 3 is coming to a close.
I received predators on Tuesday and applied them immediately, (2000 persimilis) seems to be working, I'm noticing a reduction in the amount of spider mites I can see when I inspect the leafs since then, so it seems their doing their job. I tried to avoid the bud sites but I'm sure there is a few wood chips in the lower buds. (probably not the worst thing I've ever rolled into a joint so no big deal) just happy to have a way to fight back.

Buds are starting to frost up nicely :) its getting pungent when I open that door.

20230319 130815
20230319 130717
20230319 130732
20230319 130919

Knox

Knox

33 days after 12/12

Things have been moving along without too much effort. I tweaked back my dehum in the room a bit so its floating around 50% in the tent, from 40's (its been rainy here as well for a few days) i figured this would be a little better for the predatory mites according to what i've been reading and a little bit worse for the spider mites... I've noticed two tops with light webbing on them but just the top and its not alot of mites (should i swab off the webbing? i dunno)
Aside from that the left top corner is looking a little lighter green I don't know if you can see in the picture. They all get fed the same mix so I'm not sure, feeding coming up in a few days... feels weird doing feed, water, water but that's the recipe so that's what i do ;)

20230325 112431
20230325 112349
20230325 112312

20230325 112818

Peace and weed!
20230325 112949

Knox

Knox

God damn mites.

day 43 after flip.
Well things got worse before they got better. Taken a fair amount of spider mite damage throughout this entire flowering process so that's no good, definitely going to effect yield. They are under control for now I reckon. Underwhelming for the most part. Buds are fattening a bit, we'll see how it turns out.
20230404 182010
20230404 181950
20230404 182042
20230404 182302
20230404 182100

Knox

Knox

Hey Everyone! Its day 54 after flip and we are gettting close to harvest :D These buds have been fattening and densing up over the last couple weeks and despite the a couple of setbacks its turning out pretty well.

First off, next cycle I'll be doing a full clean of both flower and veg tents along with regular preventative treatment to prevent spider mites (and other pests but the mites came in with the clones) This was became a problem early in flower, which as most of you know is prbbably the worst time to discover your mites, and I imagine it effected yield. (I've seen these same cuts produce larger buds (be it with co2) but still, along with my cheapo PH pen swinging waayy out of calibration probably halfway through flower without me knowing I'm looking forward the next run where I'm able to avoid those problems and see how they turn out :)

Not that I'm disappointed in the end result, the bud looks great and its pungent af with the tent door open.
Haha maybe cut in about ten days or so, still alot of clear trichomes when i'm checking rn.

On a side note, running low on weed so stopped by the dispensary nearby and picked up some GMO Cookies (garlic and onion) it was superb.
20230415 162605
20230415 163012
20230415 162951
20230415 162849
20230415 162813
20230415 162728
20230415 162714

20230415 162702
Dukefarmer

Dukefarmer

Hey Everyone! Its day 54 after flip and we are gettting close to harvest :D These buds have been fattening and densing up over the last couple weeks and despite the a couple of setbacks its turning out pretty well.

First off, next cycle I'll be doing a full clean of both flower and veg tents along with regular preventative treatment to prevent spider mites (and other pests but the mites came in with the clones) This was became a problem early in flower, which as most of you know is prbbably the worst time to discover your mites, and I imagine it effected yield. (I've seen these same cuts produce larger buds (be it with co2) but still, along with my cheapo PH pen swinging waayy out of calibration probably halfway through flower without me knowing I'm looking forward the next run where I'm able to avoid those problems and see how they turn out :)

Not that I'm disappointed in the end result, the bud looks great and its pungent af with the tent door open.
Haha maybe cut in about ten days or so, still alot of clear trichomes when i'm checking rn.

On a side note, running low on weed so stopped by the dispensary nearby and picked up some GMO Cookies (garlic and onion) it was superb.View attachment 1351214View attachment 1351207View attachment 1351208View attachment 1351209View attachment 1351210View attachment 1351211View attachment 1351212
Is this archives selection?

Latest posts

Top Bottom