Flowering Time Change Help

• Thread starter ogkb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ogkb

hey everyone I have 4x8x7 grow tent with two 1000w super hps bulbs in 8in raptor hoods. I I currently have 3 ladies occupying the room they were about 5 ft tall scroged them down to about 3 ft an then flipped about 3 weeks ago. I just recently discovered my cherry pie is turning into a hermaphrodite on me. So I'm about to give her the chop. I was also doing an experimental flowering with a 4ft 8 tube t5 in another area with 2 hortilux power veg bulbs 4 3000k and 2 stock 6500k. Lights out in that room is about 1230 pm an the lights out in the 4x8x7 is about 9 pm. My question is there a way I can move one or two of the girls from the t5 room to the hps tent or will the time change cause to mush stress? The t5 room was just flipped about a week ago.
Thanks any an all input!

O

ogkb

Thanks for the rely @cocoJoe I figured it would b already to give them a little longer night just wanted some extra perspective.
happy growing!

Nevertell

Nevertell

hey everyone I have 4x8x7 grow tent with two 1000w super hps bulbs in 8in raptor hoods. I I currently have 3 ladies occupying the room they were about 5 ft tall scroged them down to about 3 ft an then flipped about 3 weeks ago. I just recently discovered my cherry pie is turning into a hermaphrodite on me. So I'm about to give her the chop. I was also doing an experimental flowering with a 4ft 8 tube t5 in another area with 2 hortilux power veg bulbs 4 3000k and 2 stock 6500k. Lights out in that room is about 1230 pm an the lights out in the 4x8x7 is about 9 pm. My question is there a way I can move one or two of the girls from the t5 room to the hps tent or will the time change cause to mush stress? The t5 room was just flipped about a week ago.
Thanks any an all input!
That's a lot of light in that grow tent wouldn't think u would need that much. But one day change should not hurt your girls get them under hps good luck

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Agree with Joe,
We always worrie about the hrs in the flip and IMHO its the uninterrupted DARK time that matters,
By only moving the ladies at lights on you are less likely to aggravate the flowering cycle, Also with the ones under the t5 still early on in transition from veg to Flower the stretch may be your biggest change watch the Nitrogen and the Phosphors change to minimize the stretch.
Super flower Vibes FlyJ

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Joe is correct. I have to do a flip of my tents half way through flower and have never ran into any problems.

O

ogkb

Thanks for the input @FlyinJStable The t5 froom is about to go into lights out in about 45 min and in the hps tent lights out isn't for another 9 hours so are you suggesting I move the t5 girls into the hps befor lights out in the t5 room in 45 or should I more them into the hps which is lights out in 9 hours.
Thanks for your reply happy growing!

O

ogkb

That's a lot of light in that grow tent wouldn't think u would need that much. But one day change should not hurt your girls get them under hps good luck
Last run I had them on 100% with two monster ogkb's I vegged an LST for a year then scroged them into the new tent for a week an then flipped them. Let them go about 10 weeks flushed for 2 weeks using was running the H&G coco in pro mix had some great results an that was my first real indoor expierence.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

If it were mine And I needed to move them I would just turn the lights in the house off and once the house was dark move um. even if you have a long night of lights out, better to be in Dark than to much light yes so once the lights go out in the HPS room take um over to the dark room.
Fun grow Vibes dont trip over the Water bottles.
Peace FlyJ

Nevertell

Nevertell

They are only on 75% @Nevertell.
What do u think about two 600watts on them save u on the bill,electricity, cooling too and would still get some great results just an idea not knocking you at all

O

ogkb

What do u think about two 600watts on them save u on the bill,electricity, cooling too and would still get some great results just an idea not knocking you at all

I thought of the same thing i just have a few 1000w bulbs laying around that I wanted to go threw them first. My buddy just took me shopping when i said i want to begin this endeavor a year ago an had me buying all kinds of things that after a year of research i realiezed was a bit unnecessary but its been a good experience never the less:D

Nevertell

Nevertell

I thought of the same thing i just have a few 1000w bulbs laying around that I wanted to go threw them first. My buddy just took me shopping when i said i want to begin this endeavor a year ago an had me buying all kinds of things that after a year of research i realiezed was a bit unnecessary but its been a good experience never the less:D
Right on that's all that matter a lot of work and never stop learning

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Dont laugh but
I started with 8 23W CFL on a block of wood hanging by the wires.
still I did have fun.
Now I have twin 315 Ceramic metal halide's with a 1k HPS centered over a 5x6 foot
I also use the UVB UVA reptile lights and a few other broad light spectrum sources.
I flower under a MH 1k for the 1st 12 days then to the HPS set up
finishing off under 10.5 hrs on 13.5 hrs off
here is one of my ladies
Nyvia2 2

works for me.
peace FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Tryin different ways
its what makes it as much a Therapy
as well as making my Meds

Nevertell

Nevertell

Dont laugh but
still I did have fun.
Now I have twin 315 Ceramic metal halide's with a 1k HPS centered over a 5x6 foot
I also use the UVB UVA reptile lights and a few other broad light spectrum sources.
here is one of my ladies
View attachment 566066
works for me.
peace FlyJ
Your looks great my are under three 600 what do u think would love feed back because your look awesome keep up the good work

O

ogkb

Dont laugh but
still I did have fun.
here is one of my ladies
View attachment 566066
works for me.
peace FlyJ
Nice work man looks great! Have you ever done a side by side with the same strain doing 12 an 12 Vs 10.5 an 13.5 light periods

Nevertell

Nevertell

Nice work man looks great! Have you ever done a side by side with the same strain doing 12 an 12 Vs 10.5 an 13.5 light periods
Why do that light cycle? I honestly never heard of that what are the differences in that light cycle and why do it? Would love to know and sorry ogkb for high jacking your feed just trying to learn to brother. Did you get your girls under that hps yet? Did u figure something out?

O

ogkb

No worries @Nevertell input any thing you'd like. I'm gunna move them into the hps tent when the lights go out in 4.5 hours. Lights went out in the t5 room 4 hours ago so they will have an extra 8.5 hours tonight an then back to 12 an 12 tomorrow.

Top Bottom