Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is a result of improving the spectrum spread ( and photoactive power a.k.a. DLI during the light period reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_light_integral ) and improving the missing or weak wavelengths produced by HPS lamp technology. Review the spectrum charts for the bulbs used and (mentally) overlay them.

Recall that CMH was originally designed for showrooms to ensure accurate color rendition in large indoor spaces. We are lucky to have them as an option - I think many will find they reduce overall costs from all I see reported. Great light, reduced heat load. I also hear the footprint disappoints. The one thing I have not heard much about: Are overall health and disease problems less? Besides the apparent quicker finish... any potency test results anyone could share?

(warning: not responsible for rogue wikipedia bots)

Yup. All those reasons are why I didn't just get a 400w hps for the available space I had to upgrade.

And there is a YouTube pair of vids with a John and I can't remember his last name. He is a commercial medical grower and compares hps, cmh and led very fairly. The first vid is a bunch of discussion and opinion. But the second is him with a gas chromatograph that shows a 4% THC increase under only the cmh.

Sorry I don't have the link handy. I will search when I have more time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

These are the comparison videos. The first one is long and mostly babbling opinion of the owner.

The second one is the lab testing. They are long but hold real information that helped me decide on cmh.

LED has some great benefits too. More terps according to this and much research.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
The prof is in the product.. There's no better way to find out then doing a test grow yourself. This girl is in my main room under CMH/HPS. Started flower on 1/9(48 days) directly under 1 of the 630 3100 CMH.
DSCN2586

This pic was taken about 10 days before it got pulled. finished at 65 days. Same cross different seed plant.
DSCN2434

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Gosh, ain't that a beauty. Frosty. Healthy. You mention this is 3100K lamp. Will you finish with this lamp?
Share the finish, please.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
The 1st pic will get pulled at 65 days. I have done a lot of plants under CMH now. I have run my main room with all CMH. I had difficulties keeping it warm enough in winter here. The main room has 5 DE 630w lights. I could not get my room above 72f without adding in heaters. I like to keep it at 75f.

F

FooDoo

The 1st pic will get pulled at 65 days. I have done a lot of plants under CMH now. I have run my main room with all CMH. I had difficulties keeping it warm enough in winter here. The main room has 5 DE 630w lights. I could not get my room above 72f without adding in heaters. I like to keep it at 75f.

i purchased 8 315 cmh for a 10x10 room from seeing everyones praises online. excited to get them in as soon as my current run finishes.

thanks for posting that bit about the temp because im downgrading my minisplit now that im running half the wattage and was wondering if i should get one with a heat pump. clearly it would be a very useful option. much appreciated

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I don't use any AC.. All cooling is done from filtered outside air. All the lights are running 630w right now. The room is 72-74 with the intake 95% closed. If I closed it all the way I could get a few more deg but I like some air coming in when lights are on. Lights off intake shuts off. I use a 1000 cfm Exhaust on that room. The exchange rate is 3-5x per min.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

So you live in ... a place where cold air is free, as in beer? :cool:

Mine is full of moisture most times ... I gotta use a lung to keep it real.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i purchased 8 315 cmh for a 10x10 room from seeing everyones praises online. excited to get them in as soon as my current run finishes.

thanks for posting that bit about the temp because im downgrading my minisplit now that im running half the wattage and was wondering if i should get one with a heat pump. clearly it would be a very useful option. much appreciated

That's going to be one sunny room :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So you live in ... a place where cold air is free, as in beer? :cool:

Mine is full of moisture most times ... I gotta use a lung to keep it real.

Michigan is a bitch. It was 50 degrees last night and 19 tonight and I get to run a 70 pint dehumidifier full time year round in my open walk out basement and a humidifier upstairs to keep things above 50% for the plants and for our health. Plus timers on exhaust fans and constant re-routing from the chimney to just under my living room for heat. I am al aye adjusting something.

If you can get a mini split with a heat pump I say go for it. It will likely come in handy.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Next door neighbor is from MI, and she tells me about the black soil and cold and also how she cannot understand why tomatoes here need lots of encouragement and proper presentation to sunlight. There you only need spill seed on the soil in spring and you have a farm. Nice auroras there too. But winter there sounds hard as steel to me ( West coast raised ), the bitter against what you get for spring and summer. Brilliant and something I should see and experience in my lifetime, I think. Every corner of this country has its charms and snakes.
I'm working on some automation for my venting - seems you might be able to use some as well :)
I'm thinking IFTTT ( a form of automation ) or something like it for a hack until I can integrate my other environment automation together. Odd I started without it, but other things were shiny objects and I followed them instead.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Next door neighbor is from MI, and she tells me about the black soil and cold and also how she cannot understand why tomatoes here need lots of encouragement and proper presentation to sunlight. There you only need spill seed on the soil in spring and you have a farm. Nice auroras there too. But winter there sounds hard as steel to me ( West coast raised ), the bitter against what you get for spring and summer. Brilliant and something I should see and experience in my lifetime, I think. Every corner of this country has its charms and snakes.
I'm working on some automation for my venting - seems you might be able to use some as well :)
I'm thinking IFTTT ( a form of automation ) or something like it for a hack until I can integrate my other environment automation together. Odd I started without it, but other things were shiny objects and I followed them instead.

I actually miss Summit County Colorado. But in 09 the recession hit us hard at the resort. So we tried Florida of all places. That sucked and I found out I could buy cheap property here. Even on contract. So I got a little house in my girlfriends home town. It's pretty nice. Out in the woods by a lake and rivers. But the weather sucks often. Often. At least I have a nice medical grow and can crank up my guitar amp loud.

D

DonBrown93

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here it goes:
I ran only 1 315 in a 7x7 room...Great results, but I needed a little more.
So I connected the 1000 mh back up and I'm running it now...the 315 is off.
What I would like to do is alternate 315 one day and the 1000 the next.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can flip lights from one day to the next?
Other than buying another 315 and run both together.
Bottom line, I'm trying to utilize my 315 to save $$.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For good results I would run both of those lamps in that size room.

Or 4 315's. Saving money on light is not going to grow cannabis well. It requires a certain amount to flourish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom