Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

Hammerhead, how does one go about getting wholesale prices on the Grower's Choice de 630 watt CMH please ?

Thanks

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I have been using there stuff from day 1. Wholesale is for business. If you have friends at shops they can sale it for what they pay.

you can now get 630 ballast with two separate reflectors,one each side of the ballast...sunplix do a nice one,remote ,and dimmable.

I thought those where 2 315 ballast in a single enclosure. Your still using a 315w bulb. Those have been out for a while. A single Sunplix 630 ballast is 450$ way over priced IMO. If you have a Single 630 and you want to run 2 315's they have a splitter

Project1

Last edited:
JMcG

JMcG

Don't forget we dont have to hang multiple 315's anymore. My wall was filling up quick with 315 ballast. I went with 5 630 DE CMH lights.. If you can get wholesale pricing there not expensive.

View attachment 678984
Those sound great!
What size footprint will those provide? 315's only get about 2.5x 2.5 right? Bigger would be better in this case...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

When they test lights, they use a specific hood to get their depth numbers from. If you use another hood, those numbers are null and void.

Something to seriously consider.

JMcG

JMcG

Yeah that's what I was asking a page back or so. I am hoping my rectangular hoods will extend that to maybe 30" x 36" of good light
. I want to try to keep a mix of the hps and cmh, probably " Oreo " one 600 hps between two 315s.
Maybe a short setting on a light rail just to fill any gaps.

Shouldn't a horizontal bulb throw a difference pattern than a vertical anyway?

P

PharmHand

It seems a little heavy in the red/ir range..... Id like to see a little more blue..... Hortilux is a solid company tho I'm sure they've done testing.... One of those combined w a high kelvin cmh would be killer.....

Drew Wallace

Drew Wallace

Any Advice please. I Have a flowering room 9 ×5 and have 3 sunsystem 630 cmh ac/de reflectors. With the air cooling and a chiller, ? Could I get away with no air conditioner?. Thanks Again for any advice.( sorry if I posted in the wrong place,but I am so new to cmh).Thanks again

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Any Advice please. I Have a flowering room 9 ×5. I want to use sunsystem 630 cmh ac/de reflectors. Would 3 of these be enough, and would anyone know how close to the plants I should go?. I a. Hoping to get away without any air conditioning. Thanks Again for any advice.

Want to run 3x630 cmh and NO ac? Lol
That's barely achievable with t5 or t8 ligting. Your gonna need an ac. Bottom line.

Drew Wallace

Drew Wallace

Thanks Again. I was using 3 Ice Boxes on 3- 600hps before,But I do not think I can use my ice boxes on the 630 ac/de reflectors without ruining the spectrum s . .Do you ?? Thanks Again

JMcG

JMcG

Awwww sheeeit!
Got my Ilumminati 315 conversion ballast / bulb kit today! $225 with the Phillips 3100 k bulb. Everything looks quality made with a 3 yr warranty.
Love the white light. The GG4 that I hang it over is in week four of bloom so it will be killer to see how it finishes!
Saving my pennies for some sweet 420 bargains.... gonna pick up as many as I can.

L

Legalize70

If your goung to do it, do it right. Ive run every CMH fixture on the market, the Solis Tek hands down is the best bang for your buck. You can now get lamps in both blue and red spectrum. Im running 4 in a tent and my yeild has close to doubled. Heat can be an izsues as the hoods are not air cooled, but nothing a vortex hooked to a,carbon fikter cant fix. Get the solis tek even at the llwer cost it out preforms the more expensive brands! I have 1 brand new in the box id sell ya if i kbew yoy

JMcG

JMcG

If your goung to do it, do it right. Ive run every CMH fixture on the market, the Solis Tek hands down is the best bang for your buck. You can now get lamps in both blue and red spectrum. Im running 4 in a tent and my yeild has close to doubled. Heat can be an izsues as the hoods are not air cooled, but nothing a vortex hooked to a,carbon fikter cant fix. Get the solis tek even at the llwer cost it out preforms the more expensive brands! I have 1 brand new in the box id sell ya if i kbew yoy
Yeah.
I have been running four different brands of ballasts for the last five months as this is what I have seen.
A) Solis Tech and Galaxy for the win. Good quality, dimmable, and they run cooler than the others
B) not wanting to drag anyone thru the mud but the other two ( mentioned above and in other threads )left me wanting more. No dimming feature and excessive heat from the ballast.

JMcG

JMcG

I am really stoked on the CMH overall. On the third run now, using alternating HPS and CMH over the grow. On most strains I am seeing the HPS still putting on just a bit more weight. However, the CMH is never far behind, maybe 10% or so, but the quality, ohhh the quality....
Most of the CMH when harvested totally outshines the HPS. Better bud structure, greater trich concentration, and better taste and aroma.
I notice that the CMH plants seem to start a bit slower with smaller bud formation during the first 4-5 weeks but they reall pop towards the end of the cycle and catch up to the photon rich HPS.
Oh yeah, I also ditched all the UC hydro program and went 100% coco.... damn. Love it!

Top Bottom