flush

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

im at 6 1/2 weeks of a 8 week flower, i just flushed em, and will be starting with water. can i still add molasses with that or should it just be straight ph'd water? thanks!

I

ibTheMan

adjust your PH, and if your ppm's are high use cleaner then B'cuzz flavor, but lite.

420Gator

420Gator

i think the flushing agents are just a way to make money off u. ive never personally ran them, i can say however i just water with straight ro the last 2 weeks (dirt & coco) and get excellent taste

Melvan

Melvan

I don't understand why people flush at all. I never done it in more than a decade of growing unless I was correcting a nute issue.

The last 2 weeks of flower the plant is pushing out massive quantities of essential oils and plumping out the buds. Why do you want to deny them the food they need to maximize production during the most important weeks of flower? It's kind of like putting a pregnant lady on bread and water during her last trimester, you're going to adversely affect the health of the baby.

I've said it before, taste is fleeting, it's the buzz that lasts. Why do you want to short yourself on that for a few seconds of flavor?

Also, just because the breeder says 8 weeks doesn't mean it will finish in 8 weeks. That's just a guideline so you know to start checking. The only way you know the plant is ready is by checking the trichs with a scope. Unless you've grown this particular pheno of your strain multiple times there's no way to say it will finish in 8 weeks. Don't jump the gun, you'll just ruin the high.

420Gator

420Gator

I don't understand why people flush at all. I never done it in more than a decade of growing unless I was correcting a nute issue.

The last 2 weeks of flower the plant is pushing out massive quantities of essential oils and plumping out the buds. Why do you want to deny them the food they need to maximize production during the most important weeks of flower? It's kind of like putting a pregnant lady on bread and water during her last trimester, you're going to adversely affect the health of the baby.

I've said it before, taste is fleeting, it's the buzz that lasts. Why do you want to short yourself on that for a few seconds of flavor?

Also, just because the breeder says 8 weeks doesn't mean it will finish in 8 weeks. That's just a guideline so you know to start checking. The only way you know the plant is ready is by checking the trichs with a scope. Unless you've grown this particular pheno of your strain multiple times there's no way to say it will finish in 8 weeks. Don't jump the gun, you'll just ruin the high.

i understand your points but were not growing plants from an evolutionary stand point but from a medicating point of view, yes starving the plant is bad for its health (so is chopping it down and burning it) but making a smoother less harsh smoke is good for our health

Melvan

Melvan

i understand your points but were not growing plants from an evolutionary stand point but from a medicating point of view, yes starving the plant is bad for its health (so is chopping it down and burning it) but making a smoother less harsh smoke is good for our health

If you're only using it for meds then why smoke it at all? Only use the meds in edibles or in a tincturn and the only health concern is calorie related, and you get longer lasting relief from ingestion than from smoking.

Of course, I'm a pack a day cigarette smoker and I drink a pot of coffee every day, so I couldn't taste my weed if I wanted to. :giggle

420Gator

420Gator

If you're only using it for meds then why smoke it at all? Only use the meds in edibles or in a tincturn and the only health concern is calorie related, and you get longer lasting relief from ingestion than from smoking.

Of course, I'm a pack a day cigarette smoker and I drink a pot of coffee every day, so I couldn't taste my weed if I wanted to. :giggle

edibles arent instant and i still have shit to do from time to time lol plus i LOVE the taste of my flushed blue dream and super skunk

i quit smokin cigs about a year ago and feel great now, theyre bad for u and dont even get u high

Melvan

Melvan

edibles arent instant and i still have shit to do from time to time lol plus i LOVE the taste of my flushed blue dream and super skunk

i quit smokin cigs about a year ago and feel great now, theyre bad for u and dont even get u high

Thank you for not pointing out that coffee is bad for me too, I don't think I could handle so much bad news in one day. :)

F

fondiz

I have used pHed RO water for the flush in the past with no problems. I like using clearex for two weeks for my flush now. I think it does a better job flushing last of the nutrients out. The end result is a better taste imo.
if you are gonna use plain water just be smart an plan ahead and flush last 2to3weeks.
I read somewhere that Soma likes to flush his plants for 4weeks if i remember correctly.

G

gudkarma

have to agree with melvin in some respect.

i dont flush with plain h2o nor do i use clearex.

i have read that clearex is bomb as a corrective (used per label) if you f*ck up & do need to flush at any time.

...no flush for me because i strongly believe that genetics & drying & curing is what makes flavor & smoke-ability.

if you run SOG & multiple strians, sometimes flushing isnt as advantageous as feeding a very reduced feed (and maybe a wee bit o' cha-ching :-).

like many, i dont blast my plants with ppms over 950-1000 (weeks 7-9 (hydro) but i do like to maintain optimal ph (5.8 to 6.0) at all times.

Rushoe

Rushoe

For all the ppl that don't flush I would love to see the ash from a bowl that was smoked with no flush!!!!!I have do that before and I will never do that again @ least 10 days flush no exceptions !!!!!!!!!!!!!! None flushed meds just taste like shit!!!!!

420Gator

420Gator

For all the ppl that don't flush I would love to see the ash from a bowl that was smoked with no flush!!!!!I have do that before and I will never do that again @ least 10 days flush no exceptions !!!!!!!!!!!!!! None flushed meds just taste like shit!!!!!

i agree, from my personal experience non flushed is majorly harsh

420Gator

420Gator

Thank you for not pointing out that coffee is bad for me too, I don't think I could handle so much bad news in one day. :)

if i wanted to give u bad news id tell u what a cunt u are and how your best buds look like something that came off the bottom of the plant halfway under the medium in a decent garden

G

gudkarma

For all the ppl that don't flush I would love to see the ash from a bowl that was smoked with no flush!!!!!!

properly cured, grinded, and smoked... i bet $100 it looks , tastes, and smokes the same as yours.

can't say i see a need, nor could you provide me with any credible evidence, to flush my hydro plants 10 days.

but i like to flush dirt last week though. funny how that is.

still respect your flow.

here's some respectable secondaries... ones in the foreground are the plant pictured.

throw this unflushed shwag away?

THC farmer   labtory 013
THC farmer   labtory 008
G

gudkarma

if i wanted to give u bad news id tell u what a cunt u are and how your best buds look like something that came off the bottom of the plant halfway under the medium in a decent garden

nearly spit cafe con leche everywhere.

ha!

Rushoe

Rushoe

properly cured, grinded, and smoked... i bet it looks the same as yours.

can't say i see a need, nor could you provide me with any credible evidence, to flush my plants 10 days.

i do respect your flow though.

here's some respectable secondaries...

probably should throw these away?

ummmmmmm dawgie I am glad you didn't take as me hating on the no flushing I wish we didn't need to flush....And your right I can't prove anything the proof is in the ash of the bowl I would say I have smoked both flushed and none flushed and hands down for me at least none flushed taste like shit...I can see the no flush maybe working for soil but not for something that takes in nutes every watering. To each it's own ....And you will notice on the flushed bowls its more of a ball of resin when down not a soft ash you can push down with your figers.......

Rushoe

Rushoe

properly cured, grinded, and smoked... i bet $100 it looks , tastes, and smokes the same as yours.

can't say i see a need, nor could you provide me with any credible evidence, to flush my hydro plants 10 days.

but like to flush dirt last week though. funny how that is.

still respect your flow.

here's some respectable secondaries... ones in the foreground are the plant pictured.

throw this unflushed shwag away?

LOL nah man I wouldn't throw it away shit homie I will puff the fuck outa that np....ANd I don't even know what it is but I bet it would taste 10x better and burn even if it where flushed right the pics alone tell me they where not everyone else on here has then leafs nice and yellow before chop!!!

Top Bottom