Flushing, Can You Over Do It?

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

For instance my fox farm sledge hammer says to flush for a 1 hour cycle. My question what if I want3d to do a flush for 3 hours so make sure I knockout any nute lockout. She went 3 weeks without a flush, and after one flush im still seeing nute deficiency sings start on the newest growth today. Will flushing every week completly rid me of nute lockout issues? How long is too long to flush an whats the least amount of time they can go without a flush?

Flushing can you over do it
Flushing can you over do it 2
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Like a pretty good magnesium deficiency... I'd folliar spray with epsom salts at a quarter teaspoon per gallon...just before lights out.
also I should be getting some Cal-Mag in the mail today, would you recommend that>? if so how?

ken dog

ken dog

Flushing is excellent if required... I go through my entire grow with my current culture system without flushing once, except at the end.
As long as you keep your EC low, and constantly increase it little by little, you should have no problem.

When I did Ebb and flow, I would change my reservoir every month...without a flush.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

I added a couple drops of the flush solution an they perked up over an hour.....my temps are perfect, no bugs, going half strength on nutes, ph stays constant for the most part
......what am I missing???

ken dog

ken dog

What are you missing?... Try that cal/mag when you get it.:)
See what happens then... Then maybe, back to the drawing board.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

just found out this is the soil version of Grow Big an I should be using Hydro ofcourse. after all the emailing back an forth I have done with them, telling them the nutes im using, the schedule im following, etc . they would have mentioned *Oh hey, by the way.....that particular nute that comes in the Dirty dozen starter kit (Which is what I got 6 months ago) isnt for hydro sweetie...... geez.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

hydro version is formulated to prevent nute lockout....boy if I had had that the whole time....

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Im totally confused.

I can just imagine how you feel.

Flushing is only necessary if you use a raw salt nutrient program.
As a prevention for salt build up.

Or if you overfeed , to wash away excess nutrients.

Or, To reset pH parameters.

And at the end of flower to rid the medium of nutrients and force the plant into senesce.

Hope this helps.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

no worries ShroomKing its quite simple really....Istill got a healthy plant so apparently I have REALLY done well with everything else.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
but im using fox farm nutrient schedule an they say to flush every two weeks so...

That is a good practice when using salt based nutrients. The bi weekly flush will keep the salts from building up, and salt build up is one thing that can cause nutrient lock out, because it causes the meduim pH to drop.

The plant in the picture is not suffering from pH drop due to salt build up. It is hungry for magnesium like Ken Dog pointed out.

Best of luck! She looks strong otherwise.

Peace

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

That is a good practice when using salt based nutrients. The bi weekly flush will keep the salts from building up, and salt build up is one thing that can cause nutrient lock out, because it causes the meduim pH to drop.

The plant in the picture is not suffering from pH drop due to salt build up. It is hungry for magnesium like Ken Dog pointed out.

Best of luck! She looks strong otherwise.

Peace
Thanks bro Im loving your attention to my thread. Im going to go get the proper stuff tommorow, if they dont have it will have to order on ebay which I checked an its cheaper an 1.99 for 2nd day air which is still cheaper than the store. Will do a complete flush and a week back nute schedule. Yea man im hopefull I can save her just fine

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Please refer to the sticky threads in the infirmary forum if you run into any problems.
Use the sick plants template and you will get lots of helpful replies.

Best of luck.
Peace

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I didn't think you were supposed to ever give straight water to a soilless plant unless it was the final flush. Are you not supposed to feed every water change in dwc?

Top Bottom