Letsgrowtogether

What are opinions on freeze drying ? I personally don't mind the way it smokes
16911859463003282719649662715015-jpg.2018258

Flushing harvest drying and curing
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What are opinions on freeze drying ?
Meh... I dry and cure the old-fashioned way. I've read a little about freeze drying, but it sounded like it was more trouble than it was worth to me. I have a drying tent that works well. Then I cure in Grove bags for a month or more. I store it in amber glass jars. I grow for personal use and the joy of growing, so I only grow a few plants at a time, though. I mostly vape or make tincture.

I personally don't mind the way it smokes
In that case, go for it! As far as I know, it works.

L

Letsgrowtogether

Meh... I dry and cure the old-fashioned way. I've read a little about freeze drying, but it sounded like it was more trouble than it was worth to me. I have a drying tent that works well. Then I cure in Grove bags for a month or more. I store it in amber glass jars. I grow for personal use and the joy of growing, so I only grow a few plants at a time, though. I mostly vape or make tincture.

In that case, go for it! As far as I know, it works.
I'd say really the only thing I've noticed is the smell isn't there. Also the freeze dried is soft lol idk how else to explain it

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd say really the only thing I've noticed is the smell isn't there. Also the freeze dried is soft lol idk how else to explain it
I'm still learning about the chemistry involved. What I know so far is the freezing does some magic that I can't explain without looking it up. Much of drying & curing has to do with deactivating the chlorophyll, which can make the weed smell & taste like hay. I believe darkness deactivates the chlorophyll in the traditional method. I freeze my buds before using them to make tincture, and that's supposed to help the flavor & taste. I have about 40 grams in the freezer right now that's been decarboxylated and is ready for the Everclear wash.

Top Bottom