Flushing is a bad practice based on flawed science.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shoestring

shoestring

Alls i know is the whole idea and concept of ''flushing'' has gotten extremely blown out of proportion since the overgrow.com days which is where proponents first put the idea out their en masse. I never adhered to it (i did try it of course - lots of straight water @ 5,10,&15 days prior) and i think the practice is counterproductive and rather ridiculous. Its funny how bro science can take on a mind of its own through the years. I do taper down on nutrient concentration the last 3 to 5 days but this is to prepare the coco for reuse for new transplants with smaller root structures and not to prepare the plant for smoother smoking. Lol. Smoother smoke comes from a decent and proper method of drying and curing. Oh and you growers that flush for that nice ''fade'' in your primary fan leaves.....well dont get me started. If it works for you than so be it. I want to know the actual SCIENCE behind these cultivation practices that have run amok from heresay and bad advice from books and especially the internet. Hopefully in the near future alot of bad advice and practices will go the way of boiling your roots or hanging plants upside down so the resin ''drains'' into the buds. Yall have a groovy day!!!

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I have smoked plenty of bud healthy green at chop and plenty of bud that goes through atleast two freezes, I think I prefer the fade from the freezes.....somethings happening I can only explain it with a metaphor of a pregnant or seeded plant, at the freezes the plant sends esential o ils to the seed and once the seed is sufficiently protected with oils it covers the calyx for extra protection.

as far as the nutrient part of the fade the last days of plants life I think the mobile nutrients keep buds healthy, I have rarely seen buds look deficient during the fade...id rather have the plant keep the flowers fed from stored nutrients then some super absorbent chelated mineral or salt that may never be synthezsized by plant and shoved into the flower to pack on some extra weight in my honest opinion

DO IT

DO IT

The only thing MJ farmers are "Flushing" is there $$$ down the drain. There is no NPK or micro and macro nutrients in your bud. The plant converts what you give it as fertilizer into sugars,starches and oils. It does not send Big Bud to the bud to make it grow. Trust me ;)

If you are a hobby grower(probably 95% of the bunch) you can flush your MJ till their are no leaves left on the plant. If you are a commercial grower that has a bottom line and is looking for yields this is not a viable way to grow. If you have a 60 day strain and you stop feeding it 2 weeks out( to "flush") you just stopped production at 75% of the way to the finish line. I learned along time ago the WEIGHT Gets packed on in the last 2 weeks and that's the BOTTOM LINE. So if that's the time you wish to starve("flush") your trees.... DO IT!!!!!!

shoestring

shoestring

What DO IT said^^^^^ Flushing (the way most of you employ it) is nutso. The so callled technique started on the internet ( early days of overgrow.com to be specific- i remember the specific thread and it blew up in pages) and would be growers took it and ran with it over the years and so did the nutrient companies with unesscessary overpriced flushing products playing fiddle the whole way.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I have saved plants in dire stress with flushing. Were are just saying that the FINAL flush is unneeded, correct ?

DO IT

DO IT

If you have a nutrient lock out and need to "flush" the soil this is 1 thing. This is done so your plant can absorb nutrients again. This has nothing to do with "cleaning" the plant.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ive never been a yielder so I see your point but does the flower ripen at the same time as this major growth im missing out on say 25% ?

DO IT

DO IT

Sure just send $199 and I will send you a quart. Just add 20ml per gallon and have a match handy. ;)

DO IT

DO IT

The actual flower is not what you are waiting on to "ripen" it the trics. This is other reason "Flushing is no good. If you go your full 60days +/- and the trics are prime for harvest why would you wait another week giving the plant water?? I stated this earlier no produce farmer in the world flushes there crop before harvest only MJ. Farmer. Try smoking some spinach or carrots from your local market. I guarantee it will carbon up and not burn so well and we still eat it. I don't see any1 at the farmers market asking... Excuse me Mr farmer did you flush this for 2 weeks before harvesting?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

So you guys are saying you grow "head stash" quality herb or production? Because there's also a difference there as well.. My 2 cents

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So it does make sense for us smokers I mean the fade part ?
So you guys are saying you grow "head stash" quality herb or production? Because there's also a difference there as well.. My 2 cents
I only grow what I smoke sometimes I grow more then what I smoke but not often....

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Most grapes are dry farmed anyway for max flavor. Well the "head stash" stuff.

Top Bottom