Flushing Questions

• Thread starter BDGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldPine

OldPine

@DemonTrich - just curious if you ever used to hang whole branches / colas or if you went for the drying racks from day one?

Have you looked at the post from @YarraSparra regarding fast drying ( Any thoughts?

I guess I didn't paste correctly. The thread I was referencing is called "A detailed explanation of why fast curing buds in preferable to slow curing"

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been using my.dry/cure tek for 4+yrs. Never let me down even. Never had a moldy bud in over 75lbs.

BDGrows

BDGrows

Well, she's currently hanging to dry. When exactly should I pull her off and throw her into jars? Is it when it feels dry on the outside, moist in the middle? Also, before I put her in jars I manicure the buds correct? And is there any tutorial or general guide line on manicuring properly?

BDGrows

BDGrows

here's a question, whats the main difference between curing in plastic v.s jars (besides the obvious of glass and plastic)? Is there a flavor difference or can throw everything in a large press and seal plastic container which is air tight?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Ace hardware is a great place for big glass jars, they were around half the price I found elsewhere. I agree with demotrich that plastic can leach into your final product, it effects taste and smell a bit.

Regarding when it is dry, I go more by stems than the buds. Your buds will feel to dry, but the moisture in the stems will serve to rehydrate the buds once in jars. I wait till medium stems break and splinter when bent, then into the jars and time to seal and burp. I just stick a finger into the middle of the jar and see if it feels like a properly moist bud. Drying happens in 3-5 days and the burping is another 3-5; that is really dependent on humidity and bud/plant size and how small I break it down for the initial dry.

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Ok I have a question cause some say wait till branches snap but wat if u wait till then and your bud is over dried by then and that including the right temp and humidity b4 jar but then some say when the buds get a little crispy on the outside and a little flex in the stalk confused as shit and some please explain the burp situation for the first couple days cause I have a girl that ready for cutting and I don't want to blow the whole process

xavier7995

xavier7995

Just open the jar up daily for a while to allow fresh air in. If it seems fairly moist, leave it open for an hour. You are just trying to get the moisture levels consistent and correct. The stems hold moisture longer than the buds, so you are trying to draw that moisture out of the stem and into the dryer buds, eventually reaching a point where it is uniform.

You should probably get some boveda 58 or 62 packs, once you think you are close they can get it right where it should be, also helps keep it fresh for extended storage.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

Ok I have a question cause some say wait till branches snap but wat if u wait till then and your bud is over dried by then and that including the right temp and humidity b4 jar but then some say when the buds get a little crispy on the outside and a little flex in the stalk confused as shit and some please explain the burp situation for the first couple days cause I have a girl that ready for cutting and I don't want to blow the whole process
With drying racks I give it about 2.5 days in the dry room 3.5 for monster buds. Buds will be crispy, some of the really small stuff can be smoked the bigger buds should be crispy but the buds should just flex on the stem instead of breaking off. Put em in jars they should moist back up if they really moistened take the buds out and put em back on the racks for a few hours until crispy again then back into jars. Then once they moisten back up but not too extreme I open the jars for about 30 or so mins depending on moistness of buds and rh for a couple times a day to once every couple days. Do this for between 5-14 days until buds are staying crisp then shes good to go

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Thanks and yea it's humid where I am being in a controlled environment I jus let it get to 70 n jus work down I heard it's easier that way I jus let get down to between 60 and 63% temps at 70-73

Top Bottom