Flushing

• Thread starter Herbaholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doubleds

What do you guys define as flushing ?

Is it the reg nute schedule for 6 weeks then water with straight water for 2 weeks ?
I call that watering.

Flushing... imho... is running enough fresh clean water through your growing medium that the runoff is the same ppm as the fresh water you are using to flush.
Hence the term flushing.
Then only give it water for 7-10 days.

My fan leaves go yellow in 2 days with this method and are laying on the floor in 8 days.

dds

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I hadn't thought of it like that DD, but your explanation is hard to argue with.

F

frankie-smiles

I found that plants in a nft system yellowed up alot quicker than plants in pots. My plants in a nft table looked well rough after a few days of plain water, thought it was just me though.

H

Herbaholic

this might sound dum but do you water more often when flushing?

D

doubleds

this might sound dum but do you water more often when flushing?

it all depends on what you call flushing? With my method yes you are adding water everyday until the ppms out the bottom of the pot are the same as the ppm's of the water used for flushing.

Now, we would never use this method if growing in potting soil, it would get to wet and your plants would lock up the roots (cant remember the name for this).

promix/sunshinemix any type of hydroponics it would be used for/ all soiless mixes.

dds

D

doubleds

runoff

What type of soil, is it potting soil or soiless mix ? If its potting soil 50/50 mix and a true 50/50 mix then your good, wet until water runs out the bottom as much as what you pour in and do it ebverytime the soil looks like it needs water.... lots n lots of runoff.

T

Thick Smoke

if your mix is light and airy enough your babies will be fine. if your mix is dense your plants will suffer.

when i have flushed in the past and on my current grow. i water with about the amount of water that equals the pot size. i get alot of runoff and get rid of the larger salts and fert build up. then i put them back in there room till the next day. then i fush with about the same amount of water as the first time. the 24 hour soak really helps dissolve anything left in the mix and get rid of it.

my plants will look water logged for about 6 hours or so then they perk up. i do the same thing every 4 days.

i am switching back to 5 gallon buckets (currently using 18 gallon storage tubs) cause there too heavy when super wet.
i also am having a prob with one of the tubs (2 plants per) cause i started from seed this run and and have 2 diff pheno's in one tub. one looks like it will finish week and a half before other. therefore taking up valuable space.

Top Bottom