Flushing

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I have been trying to figure out the best way to flush in my room. started using hot water heater trays for individual pots{ 20 Gal} they come with a spout for a hose and only $14 bucks cheaper than the trays at the Grow shop. seem to be working well how often are you flushing? Looked for posting on flushing and didn't seem to find a example on set up. Thanks Happy Growing

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

i like to use fresh water for the last 10 days. first day of flush they get 2 times the pot size in water IE 3gal pot = 6 gals of water. after they dry out its just fresh water feedings maybe a little molasses if im feeling frisky. i do this in soil or coco.

Vakman

Vakman

whats fresh water? :confused: ec? ppm? you need to be using a meter. some peeps can do well in soil, but its coco for me. sometimes ten days isn't enough depending on what they have been being fed. 2 times the pot size sounds like a good start. use a meter to test run off. and go from there.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

whats fresh water? :confused: ec? ppm? you need to be using a meter. some peeps can do well in soil, but its coco for me. sometimes ten days isn't enough depending on what they have been being fed. 2 times the pot size sounds like a good start. use a meter to test run off. and go from there.

fresh tap bubbled for 24hrs or more with no nutes. my tap is only 50ppm so no need for RO. this time im in coco and for me 10 days is plenty

deep buddy

deep buddy

if your in coco id never give them "fresh" water always something to get me to at least .2- .3 ec, even at flush. i like mineral matrix. its a good ph down as well!
but i flush with salt leaching solutions, and fulvic acid. for anywhere from 10 to 20 days, if you keep your ec low and flush daily/weekly you wont have any trouble, if your in soil then you wont need to saturate as often, if your in coco youll have to saturate more often.
fwiw

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I am in super soil,I am flushing once no nutes for a week to 2 is this wrong? seems like a waste no nute for the last 2 weeks Thanks so much guys or fellow farmers :)

Vakman

Vakman

I am in super soil,I am flushing once no nutes for a week to 2 is this wrong? seems like a waste no nute for the last 2 weeks Thanks so much guys or fellow farmers :)
def not a waste. you have to flush em. just like u flush ur shit bro. gota clean things out.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
An old dude once told me that if you roll a joint with your finished product and the ash burns all the way through and is powdery and grey that you flushed properly. If the ash is black and not burned evenly chances are you didn't flush enough. It also seems like properly flushed and cured dope is way smoother and easier to smoke. I do nothing but straight PH'd tap water the last two weeks, seems to work good for me.

Vakman

Vakman

if you don't flush properly ur bud tastes like chemicals, not candy. thats what it oughta taste likee

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
An old dude once told me that if you roll a joint with your finished product and the ash burns all the way through and is powdery and grey that you flushed properly. If the ash is black and not burned evenly chances are you didn't flush enough. It also seems like properly flushed and cured dope is way smoother and easier to smoke. I do nothing but straight PH'd tap water the last two weeks, seems to work good for me.
I have heard that before also and i know about the taste and have used mollassas too. 3x the size of pot is that what u are flushing thru only once or multible times?

deep buddy

deep buddy

if your in super soil you shouldnt need any synths, or nutes. im confused, supersoil is this a brand or amended soil mix? in my amended soil grows i only used tea's and ph'd water w/ molasses.
i must be missing something here?

Reactions: mal
jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I have heard that before also and i know about the taste and have used mollassas too. 3x the size of pot is that what u are flushing thru only once or multible times?

Yeah the first flush is 3x pot size. i usually run in 3 gallon pots. then i run 2 gallons every 4 days till finish. hope that helps.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
if your in super soil you shouldnt need any synths, or nutes. im confused, supersoil is this a brand or amended soil mix? in my amended soil grows i only used tea's and ph'd water w/ molasses.
i must be missing something here?
Organic yes, doing tea also and mollasses but stop 2 weeks before harvest.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Yeah the first flush is 3x pot size. i usually run in 3 gallon pots. then i run 2 gallons every 4 days till finish. hope that helps.
Exactly what I was asking more than one flushing at the end Thanks checking to see if you guys are on your toes :D

deep buddy

deep buddy

Organic yes, doing tea also and mollasses but stop 2 weeks before harvest.
if you have runoff and know your "burn" times on the amendments you really shouldnt need to flush much at all.fwiw.

dankworth

dankworth

I am down with the two week flush in chow mix.
This Yosemite Sam guy was saying how he cut out N early, and flushed with sucanat and citric acid for 1 week, and RO for 1 week after that, and it was supposed to be cool.
Will have to try some of that myself.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm a lil bit confused. She's using super soil, and has only been feeding water and ACT. I'm also using super soil. Is there a salt build up in the root zone to flush? If you've only been feeding water and ACT (I don't put any nutes in my ACT), then what are you flushing? Microbes? Do microbes travel up the plant, or do they primarily do their thing in the soil?

outwest

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you are making the flush too complicated, really what the flush is is feeding your plant nothing but pure water for the last 2-3 weeks. I guess you could "flush" like you've overfed your plants, but in super soil your supposed to only give them water the whole time anyway unless they need a little more nitrogen before the "flush"and I'm sure the tea helped. I'd say just switch the tea to straight water for the last few weeks. Dankworth I like the succanant(which I use) and the citric acid idea, is he using lemon juice or real citric acid? Just my .02$ and a question

mal

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
P.S. - I am an old dude LOL, outwest I'm pretty sure the microbes just help the roots uptake of nutrients

mal

Latest posts

Top Bottom