Flushing?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

When should you flush a 60 day strain? Should I start flushing 2 weeks before cutting down?

Thanks

G

Gamechanga12

Not really a heavy feeder I go light on the nutes. I am in dirt and use House and garden and some other additives. You think 10 days is good>?

straincreation

straincreation

I usually do 10-14 days for of water only depending on how fast she is yellowing and finishing, i also chop when the plant tells me not the pack. So i let her tell me atleast when its a new strain or enviroment. My true cut is on clock work at this point unless its hot she gets a little upset.

You should be good with 10 days. There are so many different things just dont over flush. Also FYI just in case you are doing different than what i assume that you are implying.

Flushing in def is to pour 2 to 3 times the volume of water through a drain to waste.

If this is what your doing i think 3-5 days should be good. Ive done it this way just cause my numbers were off, and there seemed to be no ill effects, to the end product.

If not water only 10-14 days you should be golden.
Happy farmin;)

Ive also done a run with nutes till finish. all salts, the product just wasnt the best to run a test on so i will have to postpone.

Anyway there lots of threads here on the farm in regards to the subject. Ill just tell you now there are hundreds of different opinions, with no scientific answer. Or if any they are contradicted by others. In time you will find yoyr sweet spot for your reg:). Until you go organic cause its the best:D

Happy farmin;)

Natural

Natural

SC has some great advice there. I look at flush as just feeding water..not running rezzies through pots. Being a light feeder..in dirt..10 days should be gold. Like SC is saying, also has alot to do with your set up. D2W in small containers is easy to flush like hydro. Bigger pots of soil can accumulate more nutrients.
I've had plants that get really ripe at the end and instead of watering everyday..it's more like every 3 days. So I add on a few extra days of flush. Also, some plants are nute pigs and will fade on ya in a hurry..those will hurt the most when we flush too long.
That's what makes dialing a strain and reggie so nice...you hit your strides and and never think twice about it. Juggling changing nute programs and multiple strains..it gets a bit tougher.
Best of luck

Quagmire

Quagmire

Seems like SC covered flushing very good so let's talk about it being a 60 day strain.. Just don't want your hard work to go to waste cutting to early okay..
One thing, if you've never grown it, let the plant tell you when it's ready.. when a seed company says 60 days, that's usually a best case scenario and probably hydro and their fastest finishing pheno too, mostly they want you to buy it.. I find most of these mature best at 70...and those 10 more days can make such a huge difference in bud size & density.. many growers, me included, go by the color of the Trichome Heads.. 100% clear heads is a real speedy high that goes away fast, all milky is still an up high with a mix of body stone, 50% amber heads is the more relaxing high most of us are used too.. so you can dictate what you want to feel from this strain especially if indica dominant.. as you flush her she will steal the mobile elements she needs such as a little nitrogen turning bottom leafs yellow and others further up will discolor a bit.. let her soil dry out really good right before chop and the buds will dry out quicker.. cheers and good meds to ya

Quagmire

Quagmire

I usually flush with plain water until I see it coming out clear from bottom of pot, then I give them Sucunat next 2 wks with a good runoff each time.. love seeing what everybody else does though.. I say if it works for you, don't vary to much..

Natural

Natural

I usually flush with plain water until I see it coming out clear from bottom of pot, then I give them Sucunat next 2 wks with a good runoff each time.. love seeing what everybody else does though.. I say if it works for you, don't vary to much..
sucunat sounds cool..been using just a touch of blackstrap that first week..second week is just water..I feel sugars can make bud burn funny sometimes.
Some people get mad and say that sugar molecules are too big to be taken up for roots and won't get broke down in time..I just laugh. Same people like to say you don't need to flush(feed water only at the end) when going all organic...I laugh even harder.

MGRox

MGRox

sorry to butt in here, but I had a question.
I am aware of sugar and beneficial effects on bacteria, but I'm not aware of a plants' ability to uptake sugar. This isn't something that I've taken the time to research farther, but is there new research to support this being possible?

I would assume the research would need to have been after 2007

"Now, on the absorption of solutes: ions are taken up through SPECIFIC transport. Each ion has a special transport protein for its uptake in the endodermis. Cations are usually taken up through uniporters, after being displaced from the binding to soil particles by H+ ions contributed by plant cells. Anions are usually taken up through symporters with H+. Not all particles in solution can be taken up by root cells: a specific transporter is needed for each substance. Root cells generally do not express the glucose/H+ symporter, because there is no need for it: there generally is no sucrose in the soil."

Does anyone have some good links with information regarding sugar uptake via roots?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Nice to know others are on the Sucanat train. Believe I first read about it in a subcool article.

Natural

Natural

sorry to butt in here, but I had a question.
I am aware of sugar and beneficial effects on bacteria, but I'm not aware of a plants' ability to uptake sugar. This isn't something that I've taken the time to research farther, but is there new research to support this being possible?

I would assume the research would need to have been after 2007

"Now, on the absorption of solutes: ions are taken up through SPECIFIC transport. Each ion has a special transport protein for its uptake in the endodermis. Cations are usually taken up through uniporters, after being displaced from the binding to soil particles by H+ ions contributed by plant cells. Anions are usually taken up through symporters with H+. Not all particles in solution can be taken up by root cells: a specific transporter is needed for each substance. Root cells generally do not express the glucose/H+ symporter, because there is no need for it: there generally is no sucrose in the soil."

Does anyone have some good links with information regarding sugar uptake via roots?
endocytosis. The denial comes from the learning that plants only exude mycorrhizae to break nutrients down into a useable chelated form and rely soley on this and microbes in the soil. New experiments have proved among plants that don't exude mycorrhizae, still absorb such things as N proteins without relying on soil fauna to breakdown the nutrients. Roots have follicles akin to leaf stomata. The argument is that these sugar molecules are too large to pass through. A refined palette and a bit of experimentation proves this paradigm to be false.

Top Bottom