fly bys and when?

• Thread starter intruder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
j wizzle

j wizzle

great thread...i would also like to know exactly WHAT you can see from 500 ft.

Another - what equipment is normally used? i use oleanders to cover my plants from the neighbors, but i have a decent size garden outside and i get sheriffs flying over every other day....they did this before i started growing outdoors, so i know im not the sole reason for the flyovers.

intruder

intruder

great thread...i would also like to know exactly WHAT you can see from 500 ft.

or better yet 200ft or 150ft ,I know the law is 500 but when they do there flyover its around 100ft for me and if the trees were/are lower, so are they

is it color /quantity/ or just shear luck that they dont see ,cause I cant think of a yr that they havent flown over my house at some point national guard in them big birds and the locals in there tiny choppers,and it would be nice to have some forsight to when it may be comin,I do check the news and have an idea of what times of the yr due to other busts in the past but that does not mean they are doing it at the same time this yr either,and the news dont get the skinny on every single bust

what weather conditions wont they fly in,
if its national guard is it only weekends LOL (gi bill joke)
and the locals is it when they get a tip or do they do it yearly on a set plan I dont think a shit economy is gonna stop them from trying to find stuff,but how hard are they really looking I guess is the question
and how much time is allowed per area to search
sorry for the rambling :cool0041:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would guess that they can use however much time they like, based on my observations. No National Guard out here doing the searches, it might be US Forest Service, but I've never seen their choppers in the air. I would assume that weather conditions that would disallow safe flying would preclude searches for the time being. They are looking really hard, hardest for the grows that are easiest to spot. If they see something that's not so easy to spot but looks promising, they'll put people on the ground to check it out.

Are you talking about national forest type stuff, or neighborhoods? I live in a heavily forested area, lots of national forest land nearby.

intruder

intruder

Are you talking about national forest type stuff, or neighborhoods? I live in a heavily forested area, lots of national forest land nearby.

I am surrounded by swamps/woods and cornfields but I dont use the corn

another_sellout

another_sellout

Let me explain what I mean by funding being the major motivating factor. As a matter of truth, I knew a grower who kept a small crop that was on the flight path out in Mendocino. The pigs would fly to his crop, point it out, use it to train other pigs what to look for, and then fly off into the hillsides to find the real deal. His crop was never disturbed. There's no helicopter full of SWAT rappelling into a crop of less than a few thousand plants these days. Without federal money for the bust, most local cops can't even afford to get a bird airborne these days. Without the media to make it a television event to propagandize to the public, the money to put feet on the ground doesn't exist. As for the Guard pilots out there getting their stick time, running night operations and practicing their combat take offs (the sexy ones where they stand the bird on its tail and whip backwards into the night) are really very bust doing that. Yes, they may be running thermals or FLIR, but the supposed heat signature difference cannabis and surrounding plants is antique fucking bullshit. Like all this other 70's logic I see in the industry (HPS bulbs, overhead lighting, cloning from the bottom, etc.) this rumor is propagated by good old fashioned prideful ignorance. If they really had the ability to pluck plants out of the wood with a thermal camera, they'd probably post a picture online, somewhere, anywhere, to prove what nasty pig bad asses they are with their new toy. Such a photo doesn't exist. Plenty of houses with big white exhaust ports and blood red basement levels and attics, but not one plant photo. Here's the quote from the folks who rent them from the US Embassy to the Germans. Their web site: http://www.detectnu.nl/index.php/en/content/view/full/249

"These thermal imaging cameras are also often used by Energy Companies and Government Agencies to discover the growing of Marijuana plantations. In order for marijuana to grow the warmth of powerful lamps is necessary so that the “weed” plants grow quicker."

Warmth? Idiot fucking cops. Anyway, nothing about FLIR finding plants outside anywhere. As for the Guard, I used three versions of the military thermals back in my enlisted days, and they're purpose built by the lowest bidder to identify man sized objects sweating around 100 degrees. A plant at 56 degrees instead of 52 degrees really isn't gonna show up. But you would. If you're worried about being seen personally, go get a $1 survival blanket. They mask your heat signature if you can get underneath one that's been suspended, and they can distort your thermal image if you can only wrap yourself and stay low. Better to look like a critter than a man. Anyhow, you seem like you've taken the steps to prevent a crop from looking like a crop, so all I can do is reassure you that Mom & Pop sized operations have been given a tentative green light for now. Barring a Dudley Do-Right walking into a plant and making a pig come on foot to his location, you seem to be doing everything right. Whatever you do, don't try to disguise them with camoflauge or military netting. Once you've been integrated into the military mindset, you'll see camo in the woods before you see the trees. Trust me.

intruder

intruder

another_sellout
thanks so much for the great post,it eases the mind atad to have more than an I wonder floating around in my mind ,
I dont really try to hide anything growing in the wild, ,I dont use fencing or stakes unless there made of busted limbs of surrounding trees ,and only usually temporary,

I have seen local ,them stop in a cornfield for 8 but maybe thats because of where they were,,and I am not a warlord LOL

another_sellout

another_sellout

Were the plants taken by a helicopter? Or truck? A farmer with a phone can make police look quite successful. Reasoning is, a helicopter only has the capacity to carry a couple hours of fuel. The range is too limited and operating costs are far too high for helicopters to be used as surveillance aircraft. Colorado Springs PD just sold the birds they had because they couldn't afford to put them up. Therefore, many LEO don't tend to use them to find the actual plants anymore. To pull a crop and take a nice photo, maybe. I know in NorCal and Colorado, they're converting to single and twin engine prop planes with low drop speeds and much lower fuel costs to do the initial spotting and survey flights. The same planes as your friendly "Speed Monitored by Aircraft" warning. Those signs on your local freeway might be a bigger warning to your enemy than just hearing helicopters. The days of Vietnam era pilots standing a Huey back up a few degrees to blow open the canopy and see inside are becoming a bygone era. Please know that you're right to want to understand the operations of your common pig. That said, go buy the angriest, poorest group of local teens skateboards, alcohol and spray paint and the local PD will have bigger issues to deal with than the theoretical existence of possible plants.

Note: Who ever recommended rocket launchers, you could save a few bucks and try model rockets with the thinnest copper wire you could find attached. A direct hit on a moving target with an RPG at distance isn't an easy shot. However, as a gunner on a M2A2 BFV, I was trained to walk the wire guide of the TOW missile in front of the aircraft in order to tangle in and disable the rotor and bring the craft down. Not that you would. But you could. Smiley face and shit.

intruder

intruder

the news said local law enforcement and border patrol ,and I am hearing alot more about the border patrol in our area being involved in such busts and not just around me ,but all over NY--

another_sellout

another_sellout

ICE in NY? (Stopping that flood of Canadians we're experiencing?) Well, there's your federal funding. Is smuggling out of Canada to the Apple still a real issue? Because that's the simplest reason Customs would be poking around your area. That said, know that they're specifically looking for individuals in the act of moving the plant. A discreet harvest is your main concern.

intruder

intruder

its just when you read/hear about them stopping for 8 you have to really becareful,, ,I gave some rep to ya thanks again

another_sellout

another_sellout

Not a problem. I'm glad to be able to squash some bad information and put out some reality. Just remember to get that space blanket, and remember it's for after dark only. Also, they only run thermals at night in order to enhance contrast. Keep in mind many modern thermals also integrate your normal IR night vision. Don't wear starched clothing, or used military uniforms that have been starched. You'll reflect like tin foil in normal NVDs. How's that for a heads up?

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGCbgpIf3E

G

G420

im glad I dont have a problem like that down here in socal (even though I only have 1 small plant) too many other crimes going on in other neighboring cities........the only good thing I guess about crime

Top Bottom