Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthem

Anthem

I've been brining up the PPFD and I just pulled out all the fem seeds, so down to 6 viable Durban Poison regs.

Time to flip them and take clones and see what I end up with. Hopefully there are a couple females there.

View attachment 1291127

The roots on these things are insane. It's like they are prepping to take you up to the giant in the sky.

Oh-BTW - that exhale bag is doing a whole lotta nothing.
Thank You for confirming my suspensions Moe Red. I never could understand their logic and numberd

Moshmen

Moshmen

I've been brining up the PPFD and I just pulled out all the fem seeds, so down to 6 viable Durban Poison regs.

Time to flip them and take clones and see what I end up with. Hopefully there are a couple females there.

View attachment 1291127

The roots on these things are insane. It's like they are prepping to take you up to the giant in the sky.

Oh-BTW - that exhale bag is doing a whole lotta nothing.
I seen the bag and was like what the f&@$ that doesn’t look like something you would use ! But you just couldn’t help it could ya , had to see if they did anything . Thanks for the review

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hopefully increasing because I just turned off 1 res when I moved the hoag over. I need to do a video call with you in a few days. I’m going to do a quick redesign once I get these Durban moved back to the cloner.
Sounds good. idk but from what i seen here and those roots im hard pressed not to think that all we have talked about is definitely having and going to have an impact. My grow is a piss poor example of a grow but im all but certain the o2 has played a major role. Can’t wait to get some hard confirmation but patience and me are like oil and water

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I seen the bag and was like what the f&@$ that doesn’t look like something you would use ! But you just couldn’t help it could ya , had to see if they did anything . Thanks for the review
Yeah, I was just testing it. I was getting reports on their effectiveness that made no sense. I still got CO2 in the bottle running with this exhale bag.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sounds good. idk but from what i seen here and those roots im hard pressed not to think that all we have talked about is definitely having and going to have an impact. My grow is a piss poor example of a grow but im all but certain the o2 has played a major role. Can’t wait to get some hard confirmation but patience and me are like oil and water
I agree, O2 is the difference here. I have never had roots like this in such a short time.

I think this grow will also finish fast because of it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Can you turn off the CO2 bottles and see what it good down to?
The people buying into that none sense are going to say it still does something
Dude, I tested this every which way from sunday. It was in the tent with no plants for months and raised the CO2 in a 4x8 sealed tent an unmeasurable amount. If you stick the probe right on the filter and squeeze, you get a shot of CO2 for sure, but nothing like what we would call effective levels.

Anthem

Anthem

Dude, I tested this every which way from sunday. It was in the tent with no plants for months and raised the CO2 in a 4x8 sealed tent an unmeasurable amount. If you stick the probe right on the filter and squeeze, you get a shot of CO2 for sure, but nothing like what we would call effective levels.
Sorry I did not know that. Again I appreciate you testing the bag.

beluga

beluga

Funny you should say that. I actually grow mushrooms too. I think the fact you never fruit them has something to do with additional CO2. I’ve had 200pounds growing in the same basement as my tents and still needed to inject co2
Oh, nice! I haven't come close to that kind of production at one time.
Now, was that just nearby so they were exchanging the same air, or did you have separate rooms with the mushroom room (room) exhausting into the plant room(s)?

I always thought the latter would be an interesting experiment.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Oh, nice! I haven't come close to that kind of production at one time.
Now, was that just nearby so they were exchanging the same air, or did you have separate rooms with the mushroom room (room) exhausting into the plant room(s)?

I always thought the latter would be an interesting experiment.
It’s in the same basement but different room. They use the same air supply tho.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red

Post up another pic of the 19 day old seedling. The one where you showed the roots and I thought it looked 50% faster than anything I've seen.
Tell you what, I'll do 'em all. That way we have something to look back on in comparison when I inevitably screw up this grow.

First, I promised the bad as well as the good:

B5405395 AA35 4CFA AD1C CE48E119D3AA

That water in the big tote is the result of running the misters for a week - nutes are kinda wasted. Not exactly, I'll explain. But tonight is maint nite, so those all get emptied, foggers swabbed with a Q tip, and put her back in service. As it is, it's like a hybrid between fog and DWC.

Very petite root structure up top, millions of little hairs. I'll put one under the microscope so you can see better:

A8C12692 262D 4C39 A4F7 7CC60DEAE68A

And then it becomes rope like in the middle, and standard DWC roots at the bottom since they are sitting in the precipitate.

9DDBA7DE 52E5 474E A4DA 4547D9601166

5096D248 F44A 4C94 96A8 ABDD34DECDBD
EBD02A4D A338 4275 A700 C70208BB6D5E

Those 2 are at the high range of nutes. I ran these ^^^ at 800PPM total.

BDD465F8 4BB6 4CC5 8D84 269F3045C0A3

#2 I ran at 600PPM. #3 was also 600PPM at the end, but I ramped that up from 400. Those 2 plants are now in the other RDWC system living happily. Tote 3 is currently shut down.

Tote 4 was run at 200PPM initially, then ramped up to 400, and by then I was too late. Getting this right when they are young is important. The genetics are still fine for cloning, I was the one who starved them. I could nurse them back, but with the 4 in the back, I only need one mom... I'm thinking just leave them in and see what happens. They were my "Do not go below 300PPM in this system" lesson.

Here's the plants I moved over from Tote 3 to the RDWC system:

9D8350CB 735E 447A BDF0 A0154A8137B9

5AF1DC5A 27CD 4F73 BFDE 3E80B88AFFE5

I found this very interesting, measuring DO in the res as I topped off with RO, the oxygen went up. I did not expect that. I thought that RO water stored in a 30 Gal plastic tank would be "dead"" of O2. Turns out it is higher than stirring the res with a powerhead and a venturi. This requires further study.

EE426CE6 7803 4FE6 909B FA93318D25A6

Look at this crazy root. I'm hoping that clones will not have that giant rope in the middle.

79C72AE0 A7E5 428E 9419 2FEC02E175F2

E58E75A7 D3E4 4BFD 8CAC 8CCCBCF736E6

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tell you what, I'll do 'em all. That way we have something to look back on in comparison when I inevitably screw up this grow.

First, I promised the bad as well as the good:

View attachment 1292473

That water in the big tote is the result of running the misters for a week - nutes are kinda wasted. Not exactly, I'll explain. But tonight is maint nite, so those all get emptied, foggers swabbed with a Q tip, and put her back in service. As it is, it's like a hybrid between fog and DWC.

Very petite root structure up top, millions of little hairs. I'll put one under the microscope so you can see better:

View attachment 1292474

And then it becomes rope like in the middle, and standard DWC roots at the bottom since they are sitting in the precipitate.

View attachment 1292475

View attachment 1292476View attachment 1292477

Those 2 are at the high range of nutes. I ran these ^^^ at 800PPM total.

View attachment 1292478

#2 I ran at 600PPM. #3 was also 600PPM at the end, but I ramped that up from 400. Those 2 plants are now in the other RDWC system living happily. Tote 3 is currently shut down.

Tote 4 was run at 200PPM initially, then ramped up to 400, and by then I was too late. Getting this right when they are young is important. The genetics are still fine for cloning, I was the one who starved them. I could nurse them back, but with the 4 in the back, I only need one mom... I'm thinking just leave them in and see what happens. They were my "Do not go below 300PPM in this system" lesson.

Here's the plants I moved over from Tote 3 to the RDWC system:

View attachment 1292479

View attachment 1292480

I'm gonna come back and edit to add some more.
Looks great man…. very encouraging

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Wow. So it looks like ++O2 also scales with PPM uptake. I had to triple check you said 800ppm. It makes sense. I'm gonna throw this out there, I may be wrong, but, if this is dialed in, 60%++ is possible . Im starting to think efficiency is scaling way up there. You keep going and you're gonna break "Moore's" law in botany. Oh sorry, I meant "Moe's" law.

This is amazing and I'm gonna go think about the implications because honestly, it's bordering on a paradigm shift. It almost scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom