Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just noticed the variegation showing on Sour Diesel in the pic above, same as the pics from Trustfall. That's interesting, never had my hands on that yet. Gonna make nute diagnosis more interesting. Whats genetic, what's nute related?

Anyhow, even the damaged leaves from shipping are coming back, but a few are not gonna make it.

I think these girls are asking for more N. I'm gonna give it to them tonight.

I'm going to attempt to do this run without res changes. Only top offs.

This was Wednesday 1/25, first light they saw was 1/26. I'll count that as day 1 from rooted clones:

845bc062-07bb-4885-94f3-10336fa776ec-jpeg.1323450

You can see the leaf damage in the shipper, but I think overall they have recovered well. I would say roughly triple in size in 5 days. But now they really start to take off!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sure, we can discuss here. But I think we are losing most people with this discussion, so moving it to your own thread may make some sense. Maybe start a thread with your report and see where it takes us?
May not understand everything but I’m in if ya start one always down for learning - never even tried all the booster crap , never thought the reward was worth the cost. - learning I may be right?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

May not understand everything but I’m in if ya start one always down for learning - never even tried all the booster crap , never thought the reward was worth the cost. - learning I may be right?
My working theory is that yes, you are correct. But of course I gotta test it because I can't leave anything alone!

I feel like sugar might be beneficial up front in a live res, just to get the colonies established. But the way they tell you to use it - to make buds bigger and sweeter in flower - that just feels like junk science to me. A way to sell high priced bottles. We will see.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

My working theory is that yes, you are correct. But of course I gotta test it because I can't leave anything alone!

I feel like sugar might be beneficial up front in a live res, just to get the colonies established. But the way they tell you to use it - to make buds bigger and sweeter in flower - that just feels like junk science to me. A way to sell high priced bottles. We will see.
Just feed my 4 plants, today is day 42 of flower. EC was at .7 when i went into the room. Feed them their daily ration. 10 cc green, 20 cc brown and 30 cc of the pink, which left the ec bouncing between .7 and .8

They did drink 10 gal of water containing 3 ml/gal since yesterdays feeding.

Edit: they settled at 520 on the 700 scale (with no bouncing around)

We need a universal 420 scale

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

We need a universal 420 scale
That would make things easier.

Most would say that EC is the universal scale, and they would be right. I like to see more detail than EC = 1, 500 seems better to me. Then I can also see 480 or 520, both of which register as EC = 1 on this device.

More detail in the numbers makes me feel better. But the need for that level of accuracy is not really there for the most part.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just noticed the variegation showing on Sour Diesel in the pic above, same as the pics from Trustfall. That's interesting, never had my hands on that yet. Gonna make nute diagnosis more interesting. Whats genetic, what's nute related?

Anyhow, even the damaged leaves from shipping are coming back, but a few are not gonna make it.

I think these girls are asking for more N. I'm gonna give it to them tonight.

I'm going to attempt to do this run without res changes. Only top offs.

This was Wednesday 1/25, first light they saw was 1/26. I'll count that as day 1 from rooted clones:

845bc062-07bb-4885-94f3-10336fa776ec-jpeg.1323450

You can see the leaf damage in the shipper, but I think overall they have recovered well. I would say roughly triple in size in 5 days. But now they really start to take off!
Variegated leaves will always be in a pattern… like half the leaf. Nutrients will be different.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So we have a clear leader emerging:

832A56AF 7B4B 47EC A979 2297EE4E5677

Orca is doing what I was hoping for. I obviously biffed Great White, and need to create a slurry before the plate. I'll re-do that one.

Max Microbe is growing, albeit slower. Closeup below, there is condensation on the lid that is making it a bit difficult to see the agar.

D72EA0AD 8500 4108 AC43 39E7A152ABF0

And here is some thru the plastic lid microscope shots of orca:

2019 0104 044733 003

2019 0104 044655 002

Better clarity coming on those when I take the lid off and use the stains that amazon dropped off today.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Pretty good daily growth below but I’m a bit concerned about up top. Below root mass is about doubling daily.

F72A88D0 F42B 4A2E 8750 78EB6D00411F

455E894B AE2A 4220 A4A1 34153AE3744E

44208700 04D1 4E2E 93D7 FB7462D3E51C

Old leaves from shipping are looking pretty bad tho and getting worse.

I'm going to add nutes and watch them for a day, but probably take the bad leaves off. They are still well attached to the plant, it's not trying to shed them yet.

This variegation is throwing me off! On that middle pic, is that nutes or genetics causing the light areas?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looks like tonight is about hydro buddy and getting serious with these jacks nutes. These are 5l containers and I’m going to pre mix everything I just gotta figure out the best way to do this.

I’m all ears if anyone has done this before.

185B4D2D 1F9F 4D51 927B 3DC8FC24F134

Moshmen

Moshmen

Looks like tonight is about hydro buddy and getting serious with these jacks nutes. These are 5l containers and I’m going to pre mix everything I just gotta figure out the best way to do this.

I’m all ears if anyone has done this before.

View attachment 1325605
It’s been awhile for me but seems I had trouble with nutes separating over time or not mixing in proper order ? Fir sure moshes error but an error none the less

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pretty good daily growth below but I’m a bit concerned about up top. Below root mass is about doubling daily.

View attachment 1325594

View attachment 1325595

View attachment 1325596

Old leaves from shipping are looking pretty bad tho and getting worse.

I'm going to add nutes and watch them for a day, but probably take the bad leaves off. They are still well attached to the plant, it's not trying to shed them yet.

This variegation is throwing me off! On that middle pic, is that nutes or genetics causing the light areas?
Looks like a combo but its old issues it appears… variegation is a trait but stresses can also make it more pronounced . Id wait a week for them to settle in before changing anything

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It’s been awhile for me but seems I had trouble with nutes separating over time or not mixing in proper order ? Fir sure moshes error but an error none the less
Yes dude that’s the stuff I’m talking about.

I’m still getting set up

11AE172D 82EA 48E1 ADAB 50CDC5DE7BD0

I’ve got a tiny air pump setup from when I used to grow algae that I’m gonna put in these. I’ll need it for the biologics anyhow.

It will be in the dark like this

And the air pump behind. I’ll have that on a timer I can control.

I’m figuring out these biologics on the bench but the goal is to have them in a jug by the trillions just ready to go and feed them like a sourdough bread starter. Then if anybody wants some I’ll just send them a bottle.

It’s like a pheno hunt for a rhizosphere. Here I go trying to completely control a living thing again.

This is probably insane to most people but I need a puzzle or I can’t sleep. But when I’m done I’ll be able to say conclusively what’s the deal with live vs sterile in hydro.

@smokedareefer im ready to send you those petri dishes now. I got your addy I’ll drop them in the mail tomorrow.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Love these. Going to have to pick some up. I'm switching from using pipettes to beakers for my nutrient measurements and these will make it easier than pouring out of the bottle and getting too much or spilling.
Yeah I use the 2.5 gal ones for the gh. Buy in gallon size and leaves plenty of room to shake it before use.

659E55D5 9970 4BB8 9703 BC2D72A88851

Some lucky grower in need may end up with those. That’s all the gh I have left

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know sensei, how many times have you told me to slow down and be patient. Today lol.

I'm still learning.
It never stops brother… i amaze my self daily at my lack of knowledge, common sense and judgement lol.

oh and you think i take my own advice lol… still working on that from childhood. I would have to say I honestly disregard my own knowledge more than i use it… eg. I need to do a water change… meh may this weekend… i need to up my nutrient concentration…. Meh maybe this weekend.

you know what i learned from that? This weekend never comes lol.

somehow its always easier to tell someone what to do than to do it yourself… who knew 🤔

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Only jacks? Micro then cal nit and mg sul last
So I'm trying to figure at what rate to mix these to put in the new bottles.

Bottles hold 5L.

Start with 5L RO water add 2 drops PH down to start. Finish PH after mixing to 5.8.

But what rate to add?

There is a "continuous liquid feed" printed on the bag of Clone of 1 gallon at 2.5g / gallon. So that's what you add to the res, or about there.

How do you convert 2.5g to ml/l?

How many grams of Jack's Clone do I add to 5L of water to make it function like my GH bottles do? I don't see the math yet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I'm trying to figure at what rate to mix these to put in the new bottles.

Bottles hold 5L.

Start with 5L RO water add 2 drops PH down to start. Finish PH after mixing to 5.8.

But what rate to add?

There is a "continuous liquid feed" printed on the bag of Clone of 1 gallon at 2.5g / gallon. So that's what you add to the res, or about there.

How do you convert 2.5g to ml/l?

How many grams of Jack's Clone do I add to 5L of water to make it function like my GH bottles do? I don't see the math yet.
Weight is more accurate than volume… especially when you don’t know the molar mass.

so here is what I’d do.

2.5g per gal

a gal is 3.785 L

so 5L / 3.785 = 1.32

so you need 1.32 times 2.5grams

= 3.3 grams per 5L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom