Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
steamroller

steamroller

I am not aware of any bluetooth pumps for aquairiums?
I will say all pumps I recommend should be marine acceptable.
For circulation I like Gyres over powerheads.
Have a look at this DC gyre made by the same company that makes the DC pumps.
The amount of water and surface they move is un matched.

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Moved to AZ or left? If left where did you go and why?

Ohh so you were takin their flower and actually curing it. Hmm very interesting
Sent to phoenix on a job promo. LOVED it, up in a nicer little area of deer valley. job started to suck and since i was in a postion where my boss wasn't even in part of the country - i decided to move back home to northern IL and let them go fuck themselves.

The pharm is a $65 an oz silver tier @ curaleaf hidden secret. some strains they grow with like lemon Vuitton has amazing taste. With the little extra cure the bud was even better. i was even telling the budtenders about it since i had such great results. smoked pretty much every strain they grew and only was disappointed by one or two. at that pricepoint...

Loved loved AZ, went to mexico every other weekend, swooped into san diego for the real fire dispo weed, got a nice drive through the mountains to get there too. miss those night time mountain hikes bad. Wish I could've stayed but I knew the financial hit and how I was living in Phoenix was rather comfy. figured id head back home and start all over.

Observationist

Observationist

@steamroller can you take a look at this please.

View attachment 1329530

I can control pump in any way. Is there a little variable speed pump that would work in saltwater thats bluetooth? PWM? Maybe an IOT pump hack?

What size would you recommend? Figure 25% duty cycle. Just looking for a gentile stir that mixes the incoming O2 with water for as long as possible and keeps it moving in the res.
God damn I want my own laboratory.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I am not aware of any bluetooth pumps for aquairiums?
I will say all pumps I recommend should be marine acceptable.
For circulation I like Gyres over powerheads.
Have a look at this DC gyre made by the same company that makes the DC pumps.
The amount of water and surface they move is un matched.
Interesting. It’s been too long since I have done fish. Everything got better.

That one says Wi-Fi control which is perfect I’ll dig into that. Thanks.

Observationist

Observationist

Get one.

Just takes space, money, time, education, desire, a willing spouse, lack of sleep, electricity, and lots of experience. Maybe a little Durban poison to motivate the build out. Oh and good tunes.
Oh I fuckin will eventually, lol.

Chemistry was getting me into it, but lab stuff is so expensive.

Y'all got years on me, I gotta get my shit together and get goin, career wise, etc.

I admire it.

Still growin'

Just kinda stuck right now being a stay at home dad with the 10mo old, and studying horticulture.

Observationist

Observationist

Yeah dude this was decades in the making. A career really.
Oh I bet man, I really do like all the stuff you got goin on, something I can see/would love to have for my self

Dope little house, fkin laboratory in the basement...lol.

I just hit 26 on Jan. 27th.

Life has hit me hard a few times.

I feel so behind.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sent to phoenix on a job promo. LOVED it, up in a nicer little area of deer valley. job started to suck and since i was in a postion where my boss wasn't even in part of the country - i decided to move back home to northern IL and let them go fuck themselves.

The pharm is a $65 an oz silver tier @ curaleaf hidden secret. some strains they grow with like lemon Vuitton has amazing taste. With the little extra cure the bud was even better. i was even telling the budtenders about it since i had such great results. smoked pretty much every strain they grew and only was disappointed by one or two. at that pricepoint...

Loved loved AZ, went to mexico every other weekend, swooped into san diego for the real fire dispo weed, got a nice drive through the mountains to get there too. miss those night time mountain hikes bad. Wish I could've stayed but I knew the financial hit and how I was living in Phoenix was rather comfy. figured id head back home and start all over.
Not getting any 65$ zips from anything curaleaf owns here in Florida ! Mayb 165 if ya find a sale! Lol

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks mosh.
Used to be the way to build a nest egg was to be smart and hard working and have a little luck.

Now it seems mostly about luck.

Things have changed since I was 26. A lot. I got lucky in so many respects. Best advice I can give ya is when you fall into some luck, grab it with both hands and run. And be fearless and willing to take a risk when it makes sense. Lack of follow thru with good ideas is the number one reason people are not successful doing things / business ideas in real life. Everybody has ideas, how many people actually turn those ideas into reality? It's a grind, it ain't all pretty.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Anything can be controlled off a smart plug just to add.
OK man, I want to have a pump in each res. I'll feed the O2 output from OG into a venturi on the pump (I'll design and print this). Then I want a nice gentle rotation of the 2" of water in the bottom being pushed by that O2 rich water coming out of the pump. Stirs the nutes, keeps O2 mostly even, etc.

I think I need a longish pipe on the output of the pump to give the O2 lots of time to mix with the water before it bubbles up to the surface. The idea is that the res water would be a large O2 sink that would hold and release O2 as the plant uses it.

If I do this right, turning the pump on will start sucking O2, shutting it off would essentially block O2 not under pressure. In this way, I could adjust the O2 concentration for each of the 4 res individually by tuning pump timing. Theoretically if you have 25% duty cycle on each pump, all 4 res will contain the same O2 amount. If I want to test different O2 levels for max efficiency, I change the duty cycle or speed of the pumps as needed.

I don't know the GPH I need for this pump to be most effective. That's why I am thinking of variable so I can tune it as needed. What do you think I should get? I'm thinking somewhere in the 200GPH range is about right.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Used to be the way to build a nest egg was to be smart and hard working and have a little luck.

Now it seems mostly about luck.

Things have changed since I was 26. A lot. I got lucky in so many respects. Best advice I can give ya is when you fall into some luck, grab it with both hands and run. And be fearless and willing to take a risk when it makes sense. Lack of follow thru with good ideas is the number one reason people are not successful doing things / business ideas in real life. Everybody has ideas, how many people actually turn those ideas into reality? It's a grind, it ain't all pretty.
To add,

The easiest way to make a dollar is to take the dime 10 times.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OK man, I want to have a pump in each res. I'll feed the O2 output from OG into a venturi on the pump (I'll design and print this). Then I want a nice gentle rotation of the 2" of water in the bottom being pushed by that O2 rich water coming out of the pump. Stirs the nutes, keeps O2 mostly even, etc.

I think I need a longish pipe on the output of the pump to give the O2 lots of time to mix with the water before it bubbles up to the surface. The idea is that the res water would be a large O2 sink that would hold and release O2 as the plant uses it.

If I do this right, turning the pump on will start sucking O2, shutting it off would essentially block O2 not under pressure. In this way, I could adjust the O2 concentration for each of the 4 res individually by tuning pump timing. Theoretically if you have 25% duty cycle on each pump, all 4 res will contain the same O2 amount. If I want to test different O2 levels for max efficiency, I change the duty cycle or speed of the pumps as needed.

I don't know the GPH I need for this pump to be most effective. That's why I am thinking of variable so I can tune it as needed. What do you think I should get? I'm thinking somewhere in the 200GPH range is about right.
Im going to back up and say for this type system you wont need a venturi… why because you have such a high amount of surface area that just causing surface movement and with it being so shallow the water column mixing created by the stirring will do as much or more than a venturi will. When you look at the suface area in relation to the volume if water its very very high and thats a huge benefit.

So imo you can control the o2 with solenoids directly into the rez atmosphere. Knowing you, you will be able to come up with a digital way to set the desired o2 for replenishment as its being used. This will provide some serious feed back on the consumption rates as the plants grow by monitoring opening and closing times of each solenoid if you wanted that data and could literally tell you how much o2 a plant can consume possibly at different concentrations giving you a pretty close idea as to what the ideal levels would be.

prob said a bit to much publicly but thats my thoughts

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Im going to back up and say for this type system you wont need a venturi… why because you have such a high amount of surface area that just causing surface movement and with it being so shallow the water column mixing created by the stirring will do as much or more than a venturi will. When you look at the suface area in relation to the volume if water its very very high and thats a huge benefit.

So imo you can control the o2 with solenoids directly into the rez atmosphere. Knowing you, you will be able to come up with a digital way to set the desired o2 for replenishment as its being used. This will provide some serious feed back on the consumption rates as the plants grow by monitoring opening and closing times of each solenoid if you wanted that data and could literally tell you how much o2 a plant can consume possibly at different concentrations giving you a pretty close idea as to what the ideal levels would be.

Appreciate it, let me chew on that a bit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now with your DWC type syste you have a very low surface area to volume and thats where i feel a venturi will be of much more benefit and ensuring a strong water column mixing is going to be much more crucial and necessary. I feel the best pump would be an open design like these would work best. A small wattage version will help reduce temp impacts on the smaller volume of water. Basically tye smallest version i feel will be plenty

steamroller

steamroller

Why don't you hydro guys just use real O2[ not medical grade$$] and control the level in the res with controller?
Adding excess O2 to your water supply will raise the pH and thus a simple pH controller like fish heads use for CO2 will do?
I own both O2 and CO2 bottles and they are not a huge investment.
Then just make simple reactor to infuse it to the res?
The controller would note the changing pH[ O2 being used] and turn the tank on.
You need a regulator with solenoid also. 🤷‍♂️
Sorry for asking stupid questions if that's what these are.
I have no clue if ferts would mess up such a controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom