Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Got some seeds wet again. Got itchy not having something going. RDWC.

I’m hoping in 2 weeks this fog system will be back online. As long as the electronics don’t kick my ass when I get everything wired back up. Actually, that always happens. And now I’m adding wireless on the sensors, but it works on the bench. We’ll see.

Everything just got smaller more powerful wireless and cheaper. Thank you gods of supply chains

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'll be the idiot to ask about this info next! 🤣
Pretty quick read that makes me wonder about ozone?
The link mentions O2 levels of 4 as bad, 8 as OK normal, and up to 30 possible and beneficial. I'm working up in the 30s.

Ozone might be something interesting to play with in a sterile system, you would not need H2O2 then. But the regulation of that ozone would be very important, and safeties put in place. It would require a lot of hardware and know how and would still present significant risk even to humans if done indoors and something goes wrong.

I'm not sure I could be convinced to try it honestly. Not when O2 is safe and super-effective with similar hardware requirements.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Gonna come back and edit this stand by.
8 mg/l is normal imo
Yup, like I said OK Normal. It's what you get and is sustainable via normal bubbling. Its a number that comes from Henry's Law and the 20.9% O2 in the atmosphere at sea level. Takes work to get it any higher than that.

OK Mosh, Aqua, anybody with a flair for engineering, looking for ideas.

This is how I previously penetrated the res for cables and hoses and such. I print the white 2 part bung, then made molds and poured silicone to make rubber stoppers that fit in the bung tight and hold the cord with a good seal.

F5621B8B 914E 49E1 9AC6 CFCA3CDAF63E

B277EF63 E108 42D5 BE1F 34C7D42E4E8D

C2061F79 D7AE 4C03 B8A6 E2A2DBEBF360

C5703513 3C4D 460A 9A1A BE354CE888D8

I'd really like to improve on this concept and accommodate more wires (adding 2 pumps and 4 probes) and make it more flexible in terms of adding or removing components.

All ideas welcome, sometimes it is just best to talk it out. Even off the wall shit can lead to a good solution. Whatcha got stoners?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Gonna come back and edit this stand by.

Yup, like I said OK Normal. It's what you get and is sustainable via normal bubbling. Its a number that comes from Henry's Law and the 20.9% O2 in the atmosphere at sea level. Takes work to get it any higher than that.

OK Mosh, Aqua, anybody with a flair for engineering, looking for ideas.

This is how I previously penetrated the res for cables and hoses and such. I print the white 2 part bung, then made molds and poured silicone to make rubber stoppers that fit in the bung tight and hold the cord with a good seal.

View attachment 1330160

View attachment 1330161

View attachment 1330159

View attachment 1330162

I'd really like to improve on this concept and accommodate more wires (adding 2 pumps and 4 probes) and make it more flexible in terms of adding or removing components.

All ideas welcome, sometimes it is just best to talk it out. Even off the wall shit can lead to a good solution. Whatcha got stoners?
Im still thinking about Henry's law

Cool_Beans

Cool_Beans

The link mentions O2 levels of 4 as bad, 8 as OK normal, and up to 30 possible and beneficial. I'm working up in the 30s.

Ozone might be something interesting to play with in a sterile system, you would not need H2O2 then. But the regulation of that ozone would be very important, and safeties put in place. It would require a lot of hardware and know how and would still present significant risk even to humans if done indoors and something goes wrong.

I'm not sure I could be convinced to try it honestly. Not when O2 is safe and super-effective with similar hardware requirements.
Ozone in water can be destructed on-demand with UV in a closed system. It isnt necessary to have ozonated water running through your entire system, could be a loop on a seperate skid like a chiller. Food for thought. I had a 10yr relationship with water and ozone so if you have any questions I might be able to help. It can be safely managed.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ozone in water can be destructed on-demand with UV in a closed system. It isnt necessary to have ozonated water running through your entire system, could be a loop on a seperate skid like a chiller. Food for thought. I had a 10yr relationship with water and ozone so if you have any questions I might be able to help. It can be safely managed.
I’ll let aqua answer that. The OG and oxygen use is all him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom