Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sound is in the lungroom. Target is selling vinyl these days and it's fun to hit some areas I was lacking in the library.

And yes, AI is next. 🤨

The question on my mind is what test to run first?

I'm thinking I would like to know about the role of bacteria and fungi in the root zone of RDWC. Measure that.

A secondary will be a side by side of growth rate and vitality of different levels of dissolved oxygen.

What other thing tho?

Lighting / spectrum?
Training vs not for yield?
Nutrient level
Things like Fluvic acid side by side
Some bro science thing like making the root zone cold at harvest improves THC levels in finished bud?

Who's got some bro science you want to bust. Extra points if its funny. I'll be starting a new thread on this system soon and if I end up testing your idea I'll have MadMax send the ciggies and hermie seeds he owes me directly to you.

Now that you mention it, we could do a bach vs death metal matchup.
My vote is light spectrum for the last 2-3 weeks void of green high in blue and red vs full spectrum or maybe even the entire flower period from week 3 on

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

My vote is light spectrum for the last 2-3 weeks void of green high in blue and red vs full spectrum or maybe even the entire flower period from week 3 on
That's certainly a contender. I know I will test this at some point. I need to plan out the spectrum testing carefully. This whole UVB thing bugs me still.

I'd also like to do a side by side morphology test on Far Red. Possibly Emerson. Could do UVA and effect on terpenes or cannabinoids.

I'd like to look at the impact of nutrients on brix among clones.

Any study on brix will also be a study on it's effects on cannabinoids and yield.

The list goes on. Very much to learn. I feel like I just leveled up.

Ironman

EDIT

Holy shit @Anthem and @Moshmen have a canary in a coal mine in plant form. A real life growing brix meter.

Who do I gotta grease to get one of those?

Anthem

Anthem

Sound is in the lungroom. Target is selling vinyl these days and it's fun to hit some areas I was lacking in the library.

And yes, AI is next. 🤨

I'm thinking I would like to know about the role of bacteria and fungi in the root zone of RDWC. Measure that.

A secondary will be a side by side of growth rate and vitality of different levels of dissolved oxygen.

What other thing tho?

Lighting / spectrum?
Nutrient level
Some bro science thing like making the root zone cold at harvest improves THC levels in finished bud?

Who's got some bro science you want to bust. Extra points if its funny. I'll be starting a new thread on this system soon and if I end up testing your idea I'll have MadMax send the ciggies and hermie seeds he owes me directly to you.

I do not know why you want to worry about fungi and bacteria. Dr. Cashmeh had the understanding down well. If you live near a large body of water the air will supply these in the form of spores.

Observationist

Observationist

And yes, AI is next. 🤨

What other thing tho?

Lighting / spectrum?
Nutrient level

Myths and Truths - Cold Watering

Bach vs metal

What about experimenting with electroculture? I don't have the space or means to do so yet, or I'd try.

Energizing ions for nutrient uptake (?)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I know how to use the Dewalt stuff, but what are watching on all those TVs?! 🤷‍♂️
🤣
You mean there is an option other than cardinals baseball to watch on tv? Hmm never noticed.

Spring training game in Jupiter Florida yesterday. We had it on in the background while hacking away. If I was @Moshmen i would have gone to the game. He’s got baseball teams all over his area right now.

It’s funny to watch the new pitch clock rules and batters getting called a strike because they took too long to get to the plate. This year is gonna be different.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Myths and Truths - Cold Watering

Bach vs metal

What about experimenting with electroculture? I don't have the space or means to do so yet, or I'd try.

Energizing ions for nutrient uptake (?)
Well I was kinda joking about the Bach thing. I’d have to design and build some plant headphones to try that…

Electro culture is for real? I’m struggling to understand that. Are you saying current makes ions more ionized? I wish you could see the blank stare of me trying to figure this out.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

found and reading this;
Wow that’s out there. Pyramids harnessing the energy of the heavens and putting it into the electrics of the soil so you can grow 40 potatoes per plant vs the normal 8 to 10.

I don’t want ob to feel like I am making fun of him I’m not but this “science” is ripe for so many jokes.

Reminds me of this.

You do not clean pots with water and soap what you're supposed to do is take the dirt you've used and pile it somewhere on the earth so the wind and the natural electrics of the earth cleans the dirt while you use another set of dirt and you rotate them this is how the pots and dirt is cleaned

I

IamN2pot

I'm not even sure if what I'm gonna link to is the same electric current stuff you're discussing, but just before we moved to Pueblo, we were in a totally off grid home with an 800sf green house and 30 odd fruit trees. That was something I had always dreamed of and in prepping for the lifestyle change I ran across this Planting by the Blueprint tree planting method, also know as the Ellen White Method. In it, you add a layer of stones in the hole for electrical current reasons. I've since met several other off gridder's that swear by this method. WARNING: The original video (second video link) has religious denominational references. I'm not linking to it for ANY religious reasons, but for the tree planting method and it's referance to electical current and plants ion exchange. @Moe.Red feel free to take the link down if it is going to cause issue's.

The first video is someones condensed version and mentions the stones and electrical currents at the 7:45 mark.

The second, original Planting by the Blueprint video, talks about a layer of rocks, electrical current and ion exchange begining at the 23:00 mark. Is that what you are talking about???

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks everyone.

I'll probably steer clear of stuff that I can't understand at even a basic level how it could work, and look more for mainstream anecdotal things to test. I'll give some examples

Max THC happens when 20% of trichomes are amber (or some version of that)
High N fed right to chop gives bigger buds that are less potent
Flushing - in all of it's varieties makes weed better / worse
Defoliating is good / bad for the plant
Ethelene from rotting bananas will induce ripening

what would you like to see in living color with actual measurements? Let's convert bro-science into plausible / confirmed or shut it down.

il_fullxfull.3114838202_njw7.jpg

Observationist

Observationist

Wow that’s out there. Pyramids harnessing the energy of the heavens and putting it into the electrics of the soil so you can grow 40 potatoes per plant vs the normal 8 to 10.
Not that kind of gibberish lol
I don’t want ob to feel like I am making fun of him I’m not but this “science” is ripe for so many jokes.

Reminds me of this.

Stimulation from electric impulses (?)

I'm sure you can shock some plants and see what happens lol

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

Are you saying current makes ions more ionized? I wish you could see the blank stare of me trying to figure this out.
I know squat about this, currently.

But

But hey this is coming from someone who would have to go pick up a chemistry book to explain exactly what an Ion is lol

At least I have one handy though

I dropped out in 10th grade, had no interest in whatever shit they were trying to teach at the time.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

Reminds me of this.
Came across this, supposedly bees work up an electric charge flying through the air, that then transfers through to the flowers once landing, they can see electric fields so seeing the electrical field around flowers will let them know if it's been visited recently.

For more efficient foraging.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3713399/pdf/fpsyg-04-00445.pdf

Thought this was interesting to share with ya

MDK

MDK

Finally come across this thread, don't mind me as I read over the 53 pages over a busy 2 or 3 days ha! I'm piss poor at navigating the board :(

@Moe.Red taking notes! Nice work man on just the skimming thru I've got to do so far...while I'm more crude in my method and gear at the moment, the science experiment is what it's all about to me as well #goals

T

thebranchman

Loved reading through this, the space you have @Moe.Red is at a level of control that is so impressive. Very inspiring. Theres nothing i can say that hasnt been already said really, just super beautiful space and well funded too I might add. I came across the thread by searching bacteria in the hydro section and my jaw dropped, I hopped in the thread on the pics of your finished plates and immediately went to page one. Ill be reading through this a few more times. Im surprised Harley Smith hasn't been brought up, I've taken some note from him talking about micro organisms. He's brought alot of that stuff to more of a public view and the way he articulates is pretty easy to understand. Dr. Fernandez is fantastic as well. I can't go through your other threads or pics from your profile so I'll look around the site a bit but im curious if youve posted more about those cultures, and how viable they are after being cultured if you've been able to test them? I could ask questions all day in a thread like this but I will try to keep things I can look for myself out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom