Foliar feeding - should I be doing this?

• Thread starter Cirroji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Apologies if this has been asked but what am I if anything missing but not foliar feeding my plants?

Since all of my past growing experiencing were in an environment where I battled to reduce humidity any way possible, I never foliar sprayed in fear of helping mold/mildew form.

now that I have my current grow in a significantly safer and more controlled environment it seems I keep reading on regular foliar feeding and even some regiments on it. I haven't sprayed my babies once and I don't think I even own a spray bottle - but i was sitting here thinking, "Well what am I possibly missing that I'm not?"

is there some giant benefit or is it more of a "fine tune benefit" that isn't drastic but still real. I mean I saw one guy spraying his plants with milk , like what about chocolate milk?? haha

- cirro

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

its good for targeting specific plants that need a specific nutrient rapidly
and that way you dont have to adjust you entire crops feed because of one or 2 plants
other than that, if a plant is already growing vigorously in a dialed in environment not sure there is any other benefit

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Some people feed the soil, others the plant. Some do both.

I do foliar if I miss a feeding or if I have an issue I’m fixing. Also after a transplant when I just water a few days.

Others with more experience can include more reasons.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Cal Mag deficiencies are the most common issues. Foliar is the fastest way to fix Cal Mag issues. It can also be used to prevent Cal Mag issues.

Regular foliar feeding is useful to me for the first half of veg. Seedlings get a full nutrient foliar plus kelp and fulvic. This reduces my seedling time from two weeks to as little as one week.

Veg plants get some preventative Cal Mag foliar plus fulvic and kelp.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Cal Mag deficiencies are the most common issues. Foliar is the fastest way to fix Cal Mag issues. It can also be used to prevent Cal Mag issues.

Regular foliar feeding is useful to me for the first half of veg. Seedlings get a full nutrient foliar plus kelp and fulvic. This reduces my seedling time from two weeks to as little as one week.

Veg plants get some preventative Cal Mag foliar plus fulvic and kelp.
+1 for kelp during seedling to early veg

Top Bottom