Foliar Tea Looks Like Pm

• Thread starter cctt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

Silica dust is hard on the lungs because it has a very small particle size and the particles are very hard (they are essentially sand) for this reason the stuff is a mucous membrane and skin irritant.

neverbreak

neverbreak

It's really hard to find studies on this, but I would say if the powder was very dry (which it should not be) and you were to breathe it while handling it that would be bad as it could cause silicosis.

As far as smoking it, I am not sure the silica would burn in to any kind of vapor at the same temps as the herb, and any residues would be left behind in the ash. Maybe @squiggly can answer this? Remember, I do not recommend spraying anything on late flowering plants due to the fear of botrytis.

I believe this same argument could be made for sulfur burning, applying neem, or baking soda, etc...

The biggest problem with data on smoking anything other than cigs is you will not find much of it due to lack of research. I suggest not smoking at all but ingesting flowers as I feel the human body was not really designed to breathe smoke. At least not that often.

thanks for the reply bro. yer prob right, it wouldn't end up in the smoke.

can ya expand on the fear of botrytis from sprayin bennies on flowerin plants? didn't know that was a concern til now..

Silica dust is hard on the lungs because it has a very small particle size and the particles are very hard (they are essentially sand) for this reason the stuff is a mucous membrane and skin irritant.

do ya know if ya would breathe it in while smokin tho?

neverbreak

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thanks for the reply bro. yer prob right, it wouldn't end up in the smoke.

can ya expand on the fear of botrytis from sprayin bennies on flowerin plants? didn't know that was a concern til now..

do ya know if ya would breathe it in while smokin tho?

neverbreak

When flowers are developed, if water gets in them you run the risk of bud rot/botrytis.

neverbreak

neverbreak

right, gotcha, thought ya were sayin the bennies themselves cause it. shoulda realized ya meant the water would lead to the problem.

neverbreak

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
right, gotcha, thought ya were sayin the bennies themselves cause it. shoulda realized ya meant the water would lead to the problem.

neverbreak

Yeah the water. I find the water will trickle down the leaf stem right in to the bud and once it is between the bud and the main stem it will rot.

neverbreak

neverbreak

yep i've found the same thing. it's also a prob with outdoor plant, if it starts rainin close to harvest.

neverbreak

J

jbizness

I saw that the packs have some fungi to fight pm but has anyone successfully gotten rid of pm with tea? I dnt want to buy something if i have it in the packs.

Top Bottom