Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
good read thinks dude
confu

D

donkeydon

rapid drying time for nutrients can be slowed by some means im sure there are a few ways right?/ to get absorption of nutrients optimum/ would a oil base help with only certain nutrients? just thinking outloud

J

Jalisco Kid

My rh is the room keeps things from drying to quickly. If I am on top of my game I rarely spray with multi salts or products. The only thing I use like that are my micros. So I end up foliaring more then most. If I added oils it would just gak out my plants. I would look into chelation and penetraters to make your foliar better. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wish they'd gone a bit into nutrient absorption and movement through stomata and cells at various pH ranges, they only seemed to address 'cides.' Still very educational, I just have that one question lingering with specific regard to moving nutrients into plants via foliar application.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice, got a cuppa right here right now. I thank you kindly, Jalisco. :)

Oh man! Stomata ain't the end-all be-all for nutrient delivery pathways? That didn't take long.

badhalf

badhalf

Hello farmers. JK or anybody that can help, how would you correct Mg/Ca/P deficiencies using foliar in wk 1& 2 of bloom if your feed is just not doing it?
I have had negative responses with foliar in the past. So i dont foliar at all. I hand feed dtw jacks+epsom+cal nit. everything is ok in veg, bloom is a different story wk 1 & 2 yellowing of older and mid leaves, brown rusty spots, browning of the stems, browning to purple in between the vains on the leaves. I started with the 321 ratio with my tap, then with R/O, different ratios of Mg ( store bought epsom ), different ratios of jacks to cal nit, I have added protek and micro blast when using r/o. My new ratio from caps jacks back thread , 1.8g jks, 0.5 mg, 1.2 ca nit. seems to be working better. also i just started wk 5 bloom. so i dont think I want foliar feed these ladies. maybe by adding foliar to my veg can prevent this from happening again. Also do you foliar in bloom?

Natural

Natural

I wish they'd gone a bit into nutrient absorption and movement through stomata and cells at various pH ranges, they only seemed to address 'cides.' Still very educational, I just have that one question lingering with specific regard to moving nutrients into plants via foliar application.

Yes..not much out there literature wise..mostly I read that a balanced PH at 7...but it's usually a pretty generic article. The more advanced articles I read recommend that we go slightly acidic, usually speaking to the use of base nutes. This would match the article JK posted about KNitrate and KSulfate.

Natural

Natural

Hello farmers. JK or anybody that can help, how would you correct Mg/Ca/P deficiencies using foliar in wk 1& 2 of bloom if your feed is just not doing it?
I have had negative responses with foliar in the past. So i dont foliar at all. I hand feed dtw jacks+epsom+cal nit. everything is ok in veg, bloom is a different story wk 1 & 2 yellowing of older and mid leaves, brown rusty spots, browning of the stems, browning to purple in between the vains on the leaves. I started with the 321 ratio with my tap, then with R/O, different ratios of Mg ( store bought epsom ), different ratios of jacks to cal nit, I have added protek and micro blast when using r/o. My new ratio from caps jacks back thread , 1.8g jks, 0.5 mg, 1.2 ca nit. seems to be working better. also i just started wk 5 bloom. so i dont think I want foliar feed these ladies. maybe by adding foliar to my veg can prevent this from happening again. Also do you foliar in bloom?

What's your PH regiment for feeds and foliar? What ya growing in?

Natural

Natural

Good drainage away from the pots=no standing water is good...might try going in between 5.8-6. JK would say it best himself..but he's told me he foliars pretty late in flower concerning MagSulfate. You're lock-out cause isn't exactly clear. Foliar is only going to help so much...I tend to use it on healthy plants...if they are locked..improvement takes weeks to see. Might want to consider beneficials and maybe a kelp product like Sea Grean..and get that plant signaling happening. The only thing I can see happening with your reggie..is you may have something to due with salt builds and fall-outs. Maybe make damn sure you're able to get accurate PH e.g. bad meter..drift..left-over tray nutes wicking etc.

oh ya and a low ppm flush never hurts when ya see issues...over-feeding and under-feeding both can leave behind disproportionate amounts of nutes in the medium..over-feed being the worst.

Last edited:
badhalf

badhalf

CEA, 1100 ppm co2, 65rh, 77-80 temp, 1k's hps bloom room when flipped 24-18 inches distance LST with trellis netting, was sealed but recently added air intake and exhaust during night cycle and dampers for lights on. No standing water excellent drainage.

" The only thing I can see happening with your reggie..is you may have something to due with salt builds and fall-outs. Maybe make damn sure you're able to get accurate PH e.g. bad meter..drift."
I think the same, just can't figure out why. I change my batteries in my combo blu lab frequently I calibrate myself and I by the store who sold to me. they also hook it up to a device they have. And tell me its fine. wtf Im going crazy over.

The coco I use is Roots Organics ROCB coco fiber, its the blocks. I use r/o water ph'd at 5.6, at transplant I water with at least 30% run off 350 ppms ph'd at 5.8. run off at 900 ppm or so, ph at 6.4. current reading- Res 540 ppm 1.1 ec, 66 f, ph 6.0, run off 1010 ppm, ph 6.2.

Natural

Natural

not a coco expert by a long shot..guessing sodium from all the sulfates and maybe not rinsing the coco enough from the start. Another thought when you transplant..might use weak nutes instead of plain ph'd water.
As for the rest I'd love to see a thread in the coco forums or sick plants. Don't want to clog JK's thread in the "Tree Farming" foliar thread too much. good vibes.

badhalf

badhalf

Your right! I got away from my original thought and question. Any recommended foliar recipes? for the above mentioned deficiencies.

badhalf

badhalf

How late into flower Can I foliar? Im in week 5. is that pushing it? I have a bottle of magic green, does it go bad? I've had it for awhile, year to 2 years old. do you ph your foliar solution? If so what pH? Temp?
Thanks for the advice homies..

Latest posts

Top Bottom