For those that test ph in organics what specific number do you aim for?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Like the title says I want to know what specific ph does the organic section look to achieve for their nutes and their soil. I know soil grows should be between 6.0-6.5 but I was wondering if their is a particular ph number that is better than the rest.

mine right now is:
6.5 for nutes
6.3 for soil

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I say 6.3 to 6.5 is perfect so I aim for that but usually my soil is closer to 7.0. If you wanna be great then 6.5 is supposed to be optimum nutrient uptake ph for soil.

G

GrimloxK

That's interesting that 6.5 is the optimum ph for soil. It's taken me a while to get my soil ph up. I just got it to 6.3 last night....I didn't know it takes a while for soil ph to change a couple increments.

G

GrimloxK

Do you buds think that the ph of your soil is dependant on what nutes your using? Just throwing this out there for discussion.

I heard with GO that you don't necessarily need to ph your water, because the nutes work by adjusting themselves...

Abek666

Abek666

my soil ph is always between 6.3-6.7 and seems to be stable almost anytime.
Chemical fertilizers could really have a hard impact on the ph levels in soil when you over do it or not applying it in the right ratios. That seems not to be the point when you using bio fertilizers, compost teas or your own soilmixes that had been prepared to have anything neccesary in them already.

take care and stay safe see ya :smiley_joint:

CageyBee

CageyBee

I usually drift between 6.0 - 7.0

Plants uptake different nutes better at different pH. A little drift will keep them the most happy ive seen(in soil)

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

For most strains and in most grow stages, my pH starts @ 6.0 and slowly drifts upwards to 6.5, due in part to the slow Ca release from mined minerals (ie Cal-Phos- 3% immed, 20% slow; Si and Ca colloidial clay), oyster shell powder, and crab shell meal. I promote this drift and it has become integral to my overall feeding schedule. Drifting towards the higher end ensures molybdenum uptake, which among other things promotes nitrogen fixation.

I agree w/ CageyBee's perspective: "Plants uptake different nutes better at different pH. A little drift will keep them the most happy ive seen(in soil)"

G

GrimloxK

so if I ph my water should I sometimes ph it to maybe 6.8 to get it higher at some point in flowering and maybe at another stage in flowering ph my water to maybe a 6.1-2.

Is there a known ph number which that certain macros and micros are tuned it with?

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

so if I ph my water should I sometimes ph it to maybe 6.8 to get it higher at some point in flowering and maybe at another stage in flowering ph my water to maybe a 6.1-2.

Is there a known ph number which that certain macros and micros are tuned it with?
There are graph charts that show the sweet spots for the primary macro/micro nutes. I'll see if I have one on board. Wouldn't hurt if I reviewed the numbers myself. The idea of "riding the drift" (I like that one- thanks baba!) means that the soil base/nute program inherently raises the pH and there is no need to push it upwards. That being said, sometimes the dolomite lime or citric acid has to come out when a plant is acting up which, in my case, is usually the result of "hot'' or "cold" spots in my mix- the result of not mixing the soil medium up thoroughly enough before potting when I'm working on a larger scale.

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

soil 7.0 roots organic
nutes 6.2 roots organic
water 7.0 i dont ph my water i dont think giving a plant with plain ro water and citric acid is good for the bennies....just my 2 .
i have no problems with anything (lockouts)
keep it green
DGD

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I usually drift between 6.0 - 7.0

Plants uptake different nutes better at different pH. A little drift will keep them the most happy ive seen(in soil)

THIS!! Even growing by other methods, you should aim for a RANGE, not a fixed parameter.

Soil should range in the 6s, coco should range the high 5s and low 6s, and I don't know for sure about straight hydro ranges, but I believe they're best in the low-to-mid 5s.

OneStonedPony

OneStonedPony

^^ I agree, a range is what a person needs to deal with. Drift is normal, and is nothing to sweat. Soil a ph of 6.0 to 6.8, Coco, Hydro or Hempys 5.5 to 6.3 Lower pH during veg (is preferred), then slightly higher numbers in flowering. That allows the needed nutes to find their way into your plants, at the right time.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I disagree.

Theres a reason most nute companies recommend 6.3 for soil.

Dont the microbes 'swing' ph? I thought that was one of the results of them working properly. Thats the 'buffer'.

G

GrimloxK

soil 7.0 roots organic
nutes 6.2 roots organic
water 7.0 i dont ph my water i dont think giving a plant with plain ro water and citric acid is good for the bennies....just my 2 .
i have no problems with anything (lockouts)
keep it green
DGD

It's crazy you just mentioned this...I just did a ph test for my soil instead of run-off and my roots soil was a ph of 6.8 and I was like ....that's way too high...but I figure that because the nutes are such a low ph that I guess they would probably find themselves in the middle....right now I set my nute solution to 6.0-6.1 so that they meet at somewhere near 6.3-.4

I learned my lesson...i'm gonna ph my nute solution just to not put extra stress or "wing" it on my soil/roots/and bene's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom