For those that test ph in organics what specific number do you aim for?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

It's crazy you just mentioned this...I just did a ph test for my soil instead of run-off and my roots soil was a ph of 6.8 and I was like ....that's way too high...but I figure that because the nutes are such a low ph that I guess they would probably find themselves in the middle....right now I set my nute solution to 6.0-6.1 so that they meet at somewhere near 6.3-.4

I learned my lesson...i'm gonna ph my nute solution just to not put extra stress or "wing" it on my soil/roots/and bene's.

Grim same here,using Roots lines, Bloom,HPk,Trinity and soon HPK2. At first was always going for 6.5-6.8 before,Now 6.0-6.2 and they seem to love that more. But hey it the first grow, Check it out if you want. So I'm with you
sticking to this until I see an issue !

G

GrimloxK

CA...thinking about it now...when I did speak with the roots organics guys they said to get the ph of your solution to about 5.8...because in soil, the plants start really uptaking nutes at around 5.8...I think for my next watering i'll set my solution at 5.8 and my theory is that the ph of the soil or actually the water content in the soil changes over time and moves it's way upward towards that 6.8 when the soil dries out so that ph "swing" other posters have mentioned is right because the soil swings it for you.

Just my .02.

Bless.

G

GrimloxK

it's a good thing you posted that chart...my feelings on it especially the top pic is that it might be beneficial to ph your solution at 5.8 at some times because an iron deficiency could be a problem if your ph'ing your solution to high, but at other times it maybe proper to ph your solution at 6.3 so that cal and mag get uptook (lol).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's crazy you just mentioned this...I just did a ph test for my soil instead of run-off and my roots soil was a ph of 6.8 and I was like ....that's way too high...but I figure that because the nutes are such a low ph that I guess they would probably find themselves in the middle....right now I set my nute solution to 6.0-6.1 so that they meet at somewhere near 6.3-.4

I learned my lesson...i'm gonna ph my nute solution just to not put extra stress or "wing" it on my soil/roots/and bene's.

No, that's not too high, it's at the high end of the range you should be shooting for.

Also, another word of hard-earned advice, don't go chasing numbers! If the plants are performing well you can be hoist with your own petard if you do that.

G

GrimloxK

No, that's not too high, it's at the high end of the range you should be shooting for.

Also, another word of hard-earned advice, don't go chasing numbers! If the plants are performing well you can be hoist with your own petard if you do that.

Well sea, I would want to agree with you but I feel that using "organic" (and I use this term loosely, probably more organic-derived) nutes which take time to break down, which I was even told by the roots organics people, it's better to get the nute solution ph somewhere between 5.8-6.3 so that nute are being uptaken (lol) as fast as possible.

When I go full TLO i'll throw my ph meter away but until then I still feel like ph'ing into the right zone is more helpful than not.

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

i have a ? so when you brew your tea's do you ph before or after the brew..im using fox farms big bloom insted of the grow big im using bio bizz grow im trying to be all organic so should i ph before or after because when i ph'ed it was way to high what am i doing wrong any help plzz and thanks

G

GrimloxK

I would PH afterwards or else what would be the point of bubbling a tea?

if my nute solution gives me a ph of 4.5 before bubbling I would bubble her for 24 hours+ which her ph would either be in my range for feeding requiring no adjustment or it would be somewhere from 5.0-5.3. I'd add a little EJ ph up and get it into the zone and then feed.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Yep I Do the same as Grim, doesn't really matter what is before you water.It matters when you feed.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

:help:So I have hard water and calcium build up in the top soil only after a few waters, no nutes. High PH and Alkiline so I got some garden lime pellets.
DSCF2154.JPG

I need to start lowering it now so I think the best way is to add it to water by the gallons and flush the plants followed with lite nute? Lime lowers PH.

So if you start fresh, test your water and soil first and correct as needed to achieve a ph near 6 1/2. Add nutes to water mix and test and correct again, apply to soil and test run off then soil. This would give you a good PH range to start with and then just need repeated testing and correcting during grow.

If you know your PH, you can tell what nutes your plant will not be getting and give it to them via foiler feeding, just use the correct water PH value so the plants can uptake the nutes.

Have I understood this somewhat?

B

Buddy Hemphill

Sounds like they are young.

Get a water filter or this will keep happening.

Flush with plain filtered water ph'd to 6.3 and wait a few days and watch them.

If they begin to rebound give them a light feeding. I would suggest becoming familiar with ACT's as they will buffer your soil among other benefits

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

index1.jpg

A member posted this in the thread and it is helpfull. Look at the water cultures, it says I could use a PH of 5 to foiler feed them the nutes they are not getting untill the soil PH is correct?

Top Bottom