FOR THOSE WHO CLONE IN A TURBO OR EZ CLONER I Would like to share this with you

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghost Face

Anyone can confirm me if its true that 120 work better than 30s due to the ability to split heat better?

Thanks & merry christmas

click80

click80

thanks

Jack...thanks for this info....cleaned and changed water...bought power clone...i am almost on 48 hours and i see a much healthier stem, no discoloration and white bumps are VISIBLE..:confused0054:..could not believe my eyes...

One thing i did different is i mixed up some power clone at 50% of label and put clones in this water instead of RO or Tap Water....I also used vita-grow anti-wilt on about 10 and didnt notice any difference, glad it was a sample..

Man i cannot tell you how much i appreciate this.....Oh, i also had some clones from last batch i was about to chuck; i went ahead and dipped them in the leftover 50% solution...this morning they ALL had popped roots out of bottom...this shit is frigging amazing...

Is the rest of Botanicares line this good?

click80

click80

for plumbing my chiller i used a bulkhead fitting and a unibit....i put the chiller supply on bottom and return in lid so i could do away with air pump......the chiller supply is 1 inch poly, return is 3/4 poly, used an adaptor for the 1'' so i wouldnt have to drill that big a hole in lid....going smaller on the return gives better pressure for water falling into bottom from the top lid...i have a ez120..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
for me after using it consitnantly it works better then the gh3 part but as far as faster its about the same on the strains i am using. the plants do look healthier tho and stay that way longer so u can let soem plants catch up with others as far as root growth goes to make even amounts of lights. Chemdog D is taking 10 -11 days to show signs for me. greencrack was the fastest in this i did get soem ready for transplant in about 7-8 days

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What ratio of Power Clone to Tap water? I looked throughout the whole thread and it doesn't say. It says 45-60ml of Power Clone to a filled up EZ Cloner 120.

For those who don't own a EZ Cloner 120 it would be nice to know what kind of ratio to use.

B

Bobby Smith

~13 gallons, or ~4ml/gallon.

EDIT: That 4mL/gallon number is just averaging out 45-60 ml / 13 gallons...........

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the bottle says 45-60 per gallon of water and that stuff is like 80-100 bux a qt

I passed on it - doesnt seem worth it to me - though I dont have problems with cloning either

B

bluewaves

i just had a whole batch of urkle died on me yesterday in a ez cloner 30 yayyyyy!!!
back to old school oaisis cubes ,3rd time on it i give up!

S

Stoney419

Dam I hate to here that shit bluewaves I've had similar problems with the UCs I just couldnt get the hang of them but this is a great thread thanks jack just sit and read the whole thread

S

Stoney419

Hey jack just one quick ? Do you use cloneing gel if so what kind I've been using clonex for years but noticed power colne also comes in a gel as well as the liquid but the way I understand is you don't need the gel if your using the liquid but wanted to check with you thank you agin for this thread

click80

click80

okay this stuff works

i got my mom's in better condition....that was one prob, they needed flushing and pruning etc...

i followed jacks instructions and powerclone does work for me...getting nubbies in three, 1 inch in 5 and at least 4-5'' roots in 7-9....got free sample of roots excel annd that shit is awesome...started it at day 6 and ...well to me its phenomenal

click80

click80

here some 10 day pics

im a believer

0211011913a.jpg
0211011913.jpg
0211011912.jpg
0211011911.jpg
0211011910.jpg

S

Stoney419

Ok ordered some roots excell and bought some power clone gel just to be on the safe side and liquid today so I'm ready to get cutting I'll let ya all know how it goes that's where I've been haveing problems is it was taking so long to get my clones healthy

C

claudacio

Thanks for all that info, I'm a newb and had at my first shot at cloning about a week ago and it was all going good until I turned my cloner off (home made) and forgot to turn it back on and walked out for a few hours, needless to say loosing all of them. I am finding it tough to sift through all the info out there on cloning. One person says keep temps between 75-80, others say 68-74, some say PH to 5.5, others say 6.0, use tap water, no tap water, nutes, no nutes.....clonex, olivias, aquarium heater, dont use a heater, chiller..... this that and no not that........ So I have a shelf in my grow room with probably $300 worth of odd ball things that 20 minutes after I ordered them/got home with them, I find I shouldnt have done that... LOL that sucks....especially when you are broke. However, if I had the cash at the moment, I'd buy the botonicare stuff in a heartbeat if could afford the fuel to get to the hydro shop at this point, LOL .... (really not funny though..)

However, I have decided to follow this thread as closely as I can, I already spent more money than I have....literally. Even though I have a home made cloner...it works so far, well it works but I dont know about successfully. Its only 25 site however, I used a little too big of a container but whatever, by sitting there playing with every nozzle, I have all of the sites getting fairly equal spray coverage, of course I cant measure it but it looks pretty close.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a little product help, I wanted to try and use what I have to get successfully through the first cloning (second actually) session. I see people are using roots excelurator, I have dutch master zone, could I use this? I have a full line of dutch master nutes, a full line of techniflora (BC grow, bloom, boost, thrive alive, green and red, root 66, cal +, sugar daddy) and an almost full line of fox farms liquid nutes, none of the solubles.

At this point I actually have it running downstairs waiting for me to put clones in it, I have a drop per gallon of superthrive in it and I planed on sitting my cloning in APS solution also made by dutch master while they wait to get cut and put in the cloner. I would like to run that solution in my cloner but it only comes in a 5L container and I need about 15 gallons of water to keep water temps manageable. And a gallon of that stuff cut with 14 gallons isnt going to leave it all that potent seeing its a pour it in and go solution (I dont think I'll be buying it again). It was also recommended that I use hygrozyme in there but I think I'm gonna pass on that and go with the tap water and superthrive for now.

The last time I had 4 out of 25 die on me but the stems were getting all soft and mushy like on me inside the cloner, I though that was a sign of the roots getting ready to pop out, not fungus grey looking but just soft and slimy looking. Just wanted to know if I was right about that.

I thank you again jack for putting this together. Sometimes there are very trusted individuals on these forums that do things in an odd way that works 100% for them and not for anyone else, I fell into the category of it not working for me (not meaning this thread, if I would have found this one I think I'd have a batch of clones to show you right now).

One last Q, how long should I wait before taking more clones from my mothers? I took clones from them 8 days ago but there is plenty to be had. I took 45 last week (20 went into a prop dome) and its barely noticeable on any of them. But they are starved as of right now and should be really low on N and as far as what I've read they should be prime for the cutting. But then again, I dont know if thats correct anymore because I've read so much saying the opposite.

click80

click80

Claude,
Dont overthink it like i did at first...okay temps, i think in a cloner there is enough splashing going on that if your temps stay below 76 your okay...i have a chiller and have not seen any big diff when i have it down to 68....

I would not use the superthrive...i have had better results with just tap water than with that stuff....and one other thing that might help is that i do not look at them five, ten, or twenty times a day..the only time my lid comes up is for me to check ph, i keep it at 6.0, and to make sure nothing funky starts growing...

If you are still having trouble, just got to cloning gel, and rapid rooters or oasis....

Oh and i feel that having møthers in prime time condition is essential, I water my moms with a solution of RO water and I use Awesome Blossums at one teaspoon per gallon about a week before i clone and then water two more times with just RO water. Stick them in the r.rooters or oasis cubes, put the dome on and leave the darn thing alone except maybe lift the lid once or twice a day....I promise you dude, i was a cloning disaster because I was over technical about everything...as soon as i chilled and realized how much cannabis wants to clone all by itself I have almost 100 per cent everytime....shit i have even had a few extra cuts and put the damn things in a foam cup with just water and added fresh water every day and have gotten roots in about 12 days...you will get it man....if i can you can....i am serious i was a real shmuck at first trying to incorporate twenty different methods into one...good luck man

C

claudacio

Thanks click, definitely appreciated. I have in the past used awesome blossom as I was under the impression I was having a P or K def (dont know if I was correct but it worked whatever I did) and I was thinking of using it, I tried asking around about doing that and didnt get a response on that part. Just didnt know how or when but glad you pointed it out as it makes me think I'm not that bad at this. I took some cuttings last night and they actually looked like shit when I left, I actually thought a few were dead but they all look awesome this morning, however I didnt read this in time and I already put the superthrive in, but in a much much lower dosage this time, a drop per gal.

I guess its good I had a failed attempt because I was doing the whole looking under there every 6 minutes thinking something was going to happen if I blinked, but by the time I killed them all (LOL) I got over it, thats probably the hardest part, not screwing with them.

Prime, awesome blossom is a nute from techniflora, its meant to help in flowering but its low in N (2%) but higher than most other things in P and K (11% 11%) which is why I wanted to use it, I assume thats why click recommended it as well. Its probably one product I have that I havent read what its derived from, maybe thats why click recommended it but I believe its more to do with the low N and high P K.

I also took 10-12 (I actually had even counted them) other cuts and put them in a prop dome as well, I figured I may as well, I have decent sized mothers as well as the space and the extra domes, I should teach myself how to do it. I actually still have a few in another prop dome that I took the same time I took the others that didnt make it in the cloner, that are still going and are going on 8-9 days today, hopefully they'll be popping roots sometime soon. Usually I go in there once a day and air out the dome and make sure the rapid rooters are moist, if not I give them a few drops with a meds syringe along with a mist once a day or so.

Also, I cant remember the dudes name who I saw do it, but I had one of those trays that was celled for rock wool cubes and I'm using RR's so the dude took a regular tray, fllipped the RR's upside down and made a new hole in them, the RR's stand up on their own like that. I thought that was a nifty little trick that I couldnt visualize on my own.

Thanks again for all the info, and click.....very very much appreciated dude, and sorry for the essay.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
What ratio of Power Clone to Tap water? I looked throughout the whole thread and it doesn't say. It says 45-60ml of Power Clone to a filled up EZ Cloner 120.
For those who don't own a EZ Cloner 120 it would be nice to know what kind of ratio to use.
Total ppm should be 250 so If your tap is 400 go half RO water and 40 to 60 ml total.JACK

the bottle says 45-60 per gallon of water and that stuff is like 80-100 bux a qt

I passed on it - doesnt seem worth it to me - though I dont have problems with cloning either
This is not for people who dont have problems cloning. And read the bottle again every one makes this mistake it does not say 40 to 60 ml per galloin it says 40 to 60 ml the first 3 to 5 days.
Hey jack just one quick ? Do you use cloneing gel if so what kind I've been using clonex for years but noticed power colne also comes in a gel as well as the liquid but the way I understand is you don't need the gel if your using the liquid but wanted to check with you thank you agin for this thread
Yes Rootek I think thats the name the white round bottle its a gel.
i too have used the power clone and i must say. it does work for me.

i have 5 ez clone 120's all running power clone now. with a timer. 1min on 15 min off.

thanks jack for showing me the power clone way!!!
No problem bro as the roots grow you can lower the time the pump is om and raise the time its off.JACK
Jack do you recommend the humidity dome with the Turbo kloner? Thanks bro

My EZ 120 has those as well - they're holes for power cords for your pump and one other accessory you'd like to throw in there.

I'm talking about drilling holes through the plastic with a 7/8" sized bit and using rubber grommets and barbs to run 1/2" I.D. tubing.
A chiller is a waist you only need a timer start off with 10 on 15 off adjust as needed
Hey Jack Ive read both your 60 x 1000 threads and am quite impressed! also the clones! Very nice what do you use for root tone? Powder or gel
No Problem Bro..JACK
Hello,

How are you? i was wondering which aero cloner work the best? You sound like having experience with them.

I can afford 300-400$ on a cloner. I am not very good for the DIY way so that is why i prefer to spend for one and also i got the money so.

Between powercloner, turboklone, ez cloner which one would you suggest to someone who plan to clones lot of clones?

Thanks for reading and answering :)

I have both Turbo and Ezcloner I like the EZ cloner way better. JACK

IMG 1027
IMG 1025
IMG 1031
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
My timer times...

IME nothing works properly if your mother plant isn't healthy. The best clones I ever took were from mothers in veg outside. Beautiful roots quick and no lose of vigor.

I set my EZ cloner 30 timer at 60 sec on 3 min off. My temps stay in the 65 F and below range. When I ran it 24/7 without a chiller my temps were in the high 70s-80s. I dip in Olivia's Gel and I use 5G tap and 15ml of 29% H2O2. I get good results with this. I have yet to get the Roots Excel and Power Clone. I would like to see roots faster than 10 days,transplantable.

Damn Jack you let your roots get that huge all the time? What are you transplanting them into medium wise? Hell I trim my roots before putting then in 4" pots w/ coco mix.

Nice thread by the way. Good info and tips.

Cheers,
Crom

IMG 2328
IMG 2329
Top Bottom