FOR THOSE WHO CLONE IN A TURBO OR EZ CLONER I Would like to share this with you

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

I had most success cloning straight into the medium.
RW or RR suck cuz you have an extra step. IME
First 6 moths I used RW and always had gotten FG pretty much cuz I didn't know shite.
Overwatered them often. The Rapid Rooters wick up pretty well also don't get me wrong.
All these trial and tribulations convinced I dislike both now.
I def do better in Rapid Rooters but that comes from experience I didn't have then.
I always wonder if I started in RR and botched them then started using RW and was able to get it.
Who knows.
RW is def cheaper but getting that air to water ratio comes from experience.
@nightmarecreature do you think I should put the ezcloner pump on a cycle timer to let the stacks dry a little?
No Slime on the stalks with the powder.
Oh Yea bro.

Delerium

Delerium

You let the rapid plugs dry up @ all, or keep water at the bottom like the directions suggest?
I water them then drain the runoff. Let them dry out a little bit.
If I let them wick up water too much water and they will just putter out on me.

N

nightmarecreature

I had most success cloning straight into the medium.
RW or RR suck cuz you have an extra step. IME
First 6 moths I used RW and always had gotten FG pretty much cuz I didn't know shite.
Overwatered them often. The Rapid Rooters wick up pretty well also don't get me wrong.
All these trial and tribulations convinced I dislike both now.
I def do better in Rapid Rooters but that comes from experience I didn't have then.
I always wonder if I started in RR and botched them then started using RW and was able to get it.
Who knows.
RW is def cheaper but getting that air to water ratio comes from experience.
@nightmarecreature do you think I should put the ezcloner pump on a cycle timer to let the stacks dry a little?
No Slime on the stalks with the powder.
Oh Yea bro.
I always run my pump 24-7. I never put mine on a timer, so I'm not sure. All I know is my pump warmed up the water a lot! I'm bad when it comes to pumps or hydro.

Delerium

Delerium

I always run my pump 24-7. I never put mine on a timer, so I'm not sure. All I know is my pump warmed up the water a lot! I'm bad when it comes to pumps or hydro.
I've done 24/7 and cycle. The cycle helps from heating the water, I was just curious if I might have a better result setting a cycle.
Either way I've had perfect results minus heat.
Only thing I have is some talc/carrier drop to the bottom of the cloner after the powder had gotten washed off in the cloner.
250 ppm out of the tap, maintaining 5.8-6 ph currently.
Took them Saturday, no nubs yet. Really only 3 full days.

Delerium

Delerium

I know your frugal :) I was at the store today. 44 bucks for 20ml of FG insecticide. For "soft bodied" insects actually.
Figured you'd have an aneurism.
:banhappy:

N

nightmarecreature

I have a big bottle of Clonex cloning solution. It was a big waste of money. I like using base nutes at 1/4-1/2 Strength. Even their gel sucks! It works but barely. I like finding stuff that's cheap and works better. Most additives I've bought have been a waste of cash. I do love Sea Green and that stuff is expensive.

N

nightmarecreature

I know your frugal :) I was at the store today. 44 bucks for 20ml of FG insecticide. For "soft bodied" insects actually.
Figured you'd have an aneurism.
:banhappy:

Lol yeah! I use Neem oil and Spinosad for bugs. I use BT or mosquito dunks for gnats. If I get spider mites or root aphids I'll scrap my grow! If I get PM I'll use Spectracide immunox fungicide, same ingredient as Eagle 20, just diluted. They fix just about everything and don't cost much.

GhostFace

GhostFace

You let the rapid plugs dry up @ all, or keep water at the bottom like the directions suggest?
I use the seed flat with dome.. I don't put water in the bottom of the flat..i rinse the plugs under tap water and squeeze them a few good times.. snip a branch off the momma.. stick the fresh cut in sum cheap $3 rooting powder..stick the cut into the plug and the plug into the tray/dome with a single 42w cfl over it. the plugs are not soaking wet nore are they dry I like to call it 50/50..mist the clones once a day for the first three days.. crack the dome a bit day4 and make sure the plugs aren't drying out maybe spray the top of the plugs with the sprayer.. day 5-6-7 roots every time. ive grown many strains over the last 20years and ive never had a strain that didn't root by day 10.
why spend hundreds on a clone machine? [waste of $$$]? I don't fuk with RW or anything hydro for that matter eather.. you guys keep spending hundreds on cloners and ill keep getting 100 clones from a 50 bag of rooters [$12] and a small jar of clone powder for $3 that last a few hundreds clones.. to each his own. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GROW.. IT WHAT YOU KNOW!

gliders420

gliders420

I use the seed flat with dome.. I don't put water in the bottom of the flat..i rinse the plugs under tap water and squeeze them a few good times.. snip a branch off the momma.. stick the fresh cut in sum cheap $3 rooting powder..stick the cut into the plug and the plug into the tray/dome with a single 42w cfl over it. the plugs are not soaking wet nore are they dry I like to call it 50/50..mist the clones once a day for the first three days.. crack the dome a bit day4 and make sure the plugs aren't drying out maybe spray the top of the plugs with the sprayer.. day 5-6-7 roots every time. ive grown many strains over the last 20years and ive never had a strain that didn't root by day 10.
why spend hundreds on a clone machine? [waste of $$$]? I don't fuk with RW or anything hydro for that matter eather.. you guys keep spending hundreds on cloners and ill keep getting 100 clones from a 50 bag of rooters [$12] and a small jar of clone powder for $3 that last a few hundreds clones.. to each his own. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GROW.. IT WHAT YOU KNOW!
IIRC I spent only like 70 bux for mine... Which was a one time purchase. I could have made it for cheaper but I'm a perfectionist with no craftsmanship, and didn't want an ugly thing sitting In
the grow.

How many times have you bought clone powder or RR's? There is indeed two sides to the coin :p
Cloning is hard man, I've been able to do it in soil and other methods and than couldn't in those same methods.... So hopefully the machine helps ? I'm sure down the road I'll revert to straight cloning in the medium but I don't have the set up for that either ATM...

GhostFace

GhostFace

IIRC I spent only like 70 bux for mine... Which was a one time purchase. I could have made it for cheaper but I'm a perfectionist with no craftsmanship, and didn't want an ugly thing sitting In
the grow.

How many times have you bought clone powder or RR's? There is indeed two sides to the coin :p
Cloning is hard man, I've been able to do it in soil and other methods and than couldn't in those same methods.... So hopefully the machine helps ? I'm sure down the road I'll revert to straight cloning in the medium but I don't have the set up for that either ATM...
ive had the same jar of root hormone for years..and rooters last me a long while being I get 100 out of a bag of 50 & we only grow for personal use.

CocoCola

CocoCola

Actually, make sure you throw away the inserts after each use and buy new ones. There is no way to completely clean and sterilize them since the roots actually grow into them and pathogens get INTO the neoprene.[/QUOTE

Hey GTB, Check out permaclone collars, they're heat sterilizable and have a 5 year warranty. They about 2 - 3 time more expensive, but they'll last years! www.permaclone.com

CocoCola

CocoCola

hmm there seems to be some controversy over how much Power Clone to use...Jack keeps chiming in 45-60ml TOTAL power clone for ~13 gal of water. 4 ml/gal is also a common figure across this thread.

i went out and bought some Power Clone today and the bottle clearly states 45-60 ml/gal... Hmmm

tree king just above used 200 mL, which is still far lower than the 45-60 ml/gal and had great success...i wonder what actually using 45-60 ml in each gallon would do...

anybody with deep enough pockets to afford such a run?

Using someone's math above it look liike Power Clone will yield 250 - 333 ppm if used at 45 - 60 ml/gal..as directed.

CocoCola

CocoCola

Actually, make sure you throw away the inserts after each use and buy new ones. There is no way to completely clean and sterilize them since the roots actually grow into them and pathogens get INTO the neoprene.

www.permaclone.com ...heat sterilizable collars, 5 year warranty. Bake or pressure cook to sterilize to the core. They work great and I've been using mine for almost a year with no loss of shape and just a little fading of color...not to mention my price per clone went to zero.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
www.permaclone.com ...heat sterilizable collars, 5 year warranty. Bake or pressure cook to sterilize to the core. They work great and I've been using mine for almost a year with no loss of shape and just a little fading of color...not to mention my price per clone went to zero.
Fucking Awesome thanks for the link!!!, will be ordering them inserts, sick tired giving E-Cloner my Money..:)

N

nightmarecreature

Badass! Thanks man! Fungi loves to build up on my collars. I boil my collars and they hold up but I doubt they could be auto claved. These permaclone collars sound like the shit!

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Calcium hypo chloride (Pool shocker), 350ppm of bloom nutrient & a root product.

This will solve all cloner issues. No need for chillers or cycle timers.

Trust this.

lollipopman

lollipopman

I got my permaclones so far I like them, I also like how heavey they are so they hold my turbo cloner lid on tight.. Oh I also run my tk with no timer and have no heat issues. That little fan works wonders.

Top Bottom