for those who have grown out LAD please read I need an honest opinion

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Anybody who has grown this out please respond with YOUR HONEST OPINION... I'm thinking about rolling the dice on this one plant I have going that just seems like it's gonna be a champ from every aspect of my growers intuition. It has all the signs so far but.... how good is LAD when it's done? really? I was gonna grow out lad in a small test room but one of my room rooms is up in 2 weeks and I'm thinking about just saying fuck it and rolling the dice on this plant and just doing a whole crop of it, I have more then enough clones to do it right now too. If I do this I would be breaking every personal rule of growing I have when it comes to growing new plants out only cuz I haven't seen it when it's done yet. I would be risking quite a bit if it was a flop too it wouldn't be nothing I would lose sleep over but I would be pissed if I had to take a hit cuz it turned out to just be some bullshit. I've seen the favoritism come out on this site a few times you all know what I'm talking about too when some shit shouldn't be getting hyped as much as it does but it still does. I just want a real non biased opinion on what this shit really is when it's done and hopefully some pics if you have them. I have faith in this plant obviously or I wouldn't be growing it out or even considering doing this and I have seen a lot of pics on here of it growing but none of the finished product it seems like.

I am currently growing bubba og from Dr.gt out of some seeds I popped about a year or so ago it turned out to be a good yeilder and it's some fire and before / while growing bubba og I have been growing out a retarded bubba cut that looks like it could have came from aliens personal stable I mean when I say the shit is some straight up fire I mean it from the bottom of my heart. That's what my patients are use to and they don't like anything that ain't on that level you know? They don't like fruity stuff or the citrus fragrance straight up only if there is a hardcore skunk mixed in is that acceptable. We are all strung out on kush around here and pretty much if it doesn't have the kush look smell and taste nobody wants anything to do with it. I only tell you this because I want you to know where I'm coming from and understand what I'm looking for and what it needs to be for me to give lad the green light on this. Anybody with any input please chime in. Thanks in advance.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
seriously take the one plant you think is a keeper and get it tested by a lab . every pheno is different including the anyone else have experience with LAD people ... cmon if you think it's good then get it tested .. labs results can tell you how potent it will be even before the plant is grown all the way out , as the matter of fact you can have a vegging plant tested to see what the thc cbd ect ect lavels will be ... and just because one person might not have good results from lad or great results from lad don't mean you'll find the same ... and lastly if the parents are fire then you should be able to find an expression that is fire..

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Popped 4 seeds....got 4 females.....all were fire....2 were incredible. It's always a numbers game and rare phenos can always pop up. Iv yet to grow a bad pheno from any of aliens seeds. He's done a great job putting out fire genetics to the masses and his Tahoe alien male makes any female he mingles with fire. If you pop 4 or 5 of any alien genetics seeds you will find fire. End of story ~Smf~

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
I agree with u 100%, OBS and SMF. Every grower has dif medium, dif nutes, dif grow room conditions. No grow is alike. I seen the same exact cut grown by dif growers and they always turn out FIRE. Just a few lil dif in color, density, taste and high. U never know what can happen. Always keep an open mind and never pass up on growing some tasty dank. I have popped a bunch of his gear and have found them all to be winners.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Popped 4 seeds....got 4 females.....all were fire....2 were incredible. It's always a numbers game and rare phenos can always pop up. Iv yet to grow a bad pheno from any of aliens seeds. He's done a great job putting out fire genetics to the masses and his Tahoe alien male makes any female he mingles with fire. If you pop 4 or 5 of any alien genetics seeds you will find fire. End of story ~Smf~
Yeah out of 11 seeds I am working with 8 females :) the one I'm thinking about rolling this on is the prize out of the 8 so far and it smells ridiculous compared to the other ones it's got such a strong funk to it I had to stop and say whoa what the fuck was that and those were exact words lol. And it's built like a champ I just wanna make sure I'm about to do the right thing here before I go off gambling.

superog

superog

Blow'in Money Fast!!
Supporter
Well homie from my experience with the LAD's I ran 3 females & none of them made the cut. They were ok but not that Shit. But I have that super strong loud tasty shit in my stable. So the bar is high.. But it was only 3 phenos I ran I'm pretty sure it is some fire to be found in them.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Well homie from my experience with the LAD's I ran 3 females & none of them made the cut. They were ok but not that Shit. But I have that super strong loud tasty shit in my stable. So the bar is high.. But it was only 3 phenos I ran I'm pretty sure it is some fire to be found in them.
see I'm in the same predicament I run all top end shit too exclusively I need it to be that shit you feel me. Thanks for your post that's the honesty I was looking for.

dirk d

dirk d

what i found out is there is no shortcuts QBMO, you can't rush a pheno hunt. sometimes you get keepers sometimes you don't. I want to add some more Alien gear personally but i'm expecting to spend 6-8 months pheno hunting before making a choice whether to add to my main rotation.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Test it first. As obsoul33t said get it tested if that's a possibility. I know how tempting it is to just run the cuts you have, but it's not smart. I have taken so many beatings because I am addicted to running new gear. It took years to get it under control.....and I am still running an entire room of new shit haha. I'd say the keeper phenos of most seeds have less than a 10% chance of making the cut when compared to Clone only here in Cali. I run an elite cut of Bubba also and the fact is, it's gonna be HARD to knock that girl out of the rotation but I do have Alien gear in flower trying to take her place. Aliens gear is well documented with good info and pics so the % goes up, but I would flower out the mother you have and see what's up, don't even think twice! Since you only have one, there won't even be a pheno hunt so the numbers go down even further. Most plants look awsome in veg.

Right on the money Dirk.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Test it first. As obsoul33t said get it tested if that's a possibility. I know how tempting it is to just run the cuts you have, but it's not smart. I have taken so many beatings because I am addicted to running new gear. It took years to get it under control.....and I am still running an entire room of new shit haha. I'd say the keeper phenos of most seeds have less than a 10% chance of making the cut when compared to Clone only here in Cali. I run an elite cut of Bubba also and the fact is, it's gonna be HARD to knock that girl out of the rotation but I do have Alien gear in flower trying to take her place. Aliens gear is well documented with good info and pics so the % goes up, but I would flower out the mother you have and see what's up, don't even think twice! Since you only have one, there won't even be a pheno hunt so the numbers go down even further. Most plants look awsome in veg.

Right on the money Dirk.
Yeah for sure I already hit my head on running random shit that's why I built them their own setup so I can test It out without hurting myself lol. The shot in the dark is strictly cuz it's alien gear and I figured it can't be that bad. I got 3 rooms going of my own not counting the test room and my girl has a nice room now too so running it in one room wouldn't be detrimental so to speak but I feel you I'm just gonna use my head on this one and stick to my original game plan and just ride them out in the test room like I'm suppose to be doing fuck it. Anybody with some pics of the finished product?

A

Alien

Supporter
Anybody with some pics of the finished product?

Harvested at day 57...organic soil.

lemon_alien_dawg_-_cured_-_01.jpg

lemon_alien_dawg_-_cured_-_02.jpg

Dunge

Dunge

what i found out is there is no shortcuts QBMO, you can't rush a pheno hunt. sometimes you get keepers sometimes you don't. I want to add some more Alien gear personally but i'm expecting to spend 6-8 months pheno hunting before making a choice whether to add to my main rotation.
Do this and tell us what you find.
Nobody wants you to go out on a limb on an unproven "keeper".
Then you can report what your customers think of a few test plants.
This may be more informative than a personal smoke report or a lab test.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Us growers get "new cut/seed fever", just like gold miners get gold fever. It can make you throw logic (not you Logic) out the window haha. Logic tells you to test first, no professional grower will flower a room of unproved genetics over his proven gear BUT.....then you got Alien throwing in pics of pure crazyness in the mix making your fever kick back in so good luck amigo lol

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Do this and tell us what you find.
Nobody wants you to go out on a limb on an unproven "keeper".
Then you can report what your customers think of a few test plants.
This may be more informative than a personal smoke report or a lab test.

Exactly! Been there, done that. You already know what the right thing to do is. I know new strains are exciting and tempting, but no point in rushing it. Ive had strains that looked incredible, smelled incredible, great structure, packed full of frost, but when it came time to smoke it, it was very disappointing in the potency department. Ive made the same mistake with so called "elite" cuts. There was so much hype surrounding the cut, that I filled a table with it without even testing it first. Turned out being mediocre at best! Ive found this to be the case with alot of "Elites" out there. Dont believe the hype! Let you and the customers be the judge first, then run with it....

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Us growers get "new cut/seed fever", just like gold miners get gold fever. It can make you throw logic (not you Logic) out the window haha. Logic tells you to test first, no professional grower will flower a room of unproved genetics over his proven gear BUT.....then you got Alien throwing in pics of pure crazyness in the mix making your fever kick back in so good luck amigo lol
that's the problem is those damn pics Roflmao they keep getting me.... so much I'm ready to throw common sense out the window lol. I'm gonna do the right thing though and just see what it is first I know I'm not suppose to take crap shoots but damn lol alien got my mind playing tricks on me.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

that's the problem is those damn pics Roflmao they keep getting me.... so much I'm ready to throw common sense out the window lol. I'm gonna do the right thing though and just see what it is first I know I'm not suppose to take crap shoots but damn lol alien got my mind playing tricks on me.

LOL......you are all done bro!!! He got you didn't he!! You are being abducted! Come back to us Mo.....don't go.....

We need to make up a name for the FEVER!

Top Bottom