for those who mix up their own 2 or 3 part nute's re: preservatives

• Thread starter 1971
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

i've found as of late that my A solution, which contains iron edta is forming mold. i thought sodium benzoate would help, but it isn't, and my solution is at a ph of 5.2 any suggestions of what i might be able to use that would not negatively impact my concentrate? they guy from hydrobuddy, whose program i use, wasn't of any assistance.

thank you!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

sure it's not iron bacteria from your water? do you ro?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

This is precisely why i bailed on making my own. Precipitation, incompatabilities, general lack of any chemistry knowledge, time spent mixing, and mostly the time and energy spent acquiring specialty ingredients like sodium benzoate, peg-90, polysorbate, etc. etc. Ill just pay heavy 16, who will actually custom blend nutrients as well, to make mine and find quality additives to supplement where i.need. Went through a ton of additives ingredient lists last night and put together a nice list of about 20 things that i can supplrment w in foliars, teas and feeds to achieve what i wanted to w mixing my own. Sure itll more expensive up front but w time saved and not getting worked up fucking up my own mix, itll b.well worth it having the peace of mind knowing my solutions arent going to precipitate.

i've never had this issue before, but i made smaller batches too. i've also never had precipitation issues and the money saved is HUGE. glad heavy 16 worked for you though :)

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

i've never had this issue before, but i made smaller batches too. i've also never had precipitation issues and the money saved is HUGE. glad heavy 16 worked for you though :)
Yeah if youve been doing it without problem til now, im sure the cost savings are pleasing to say the least.

oh yes. and the plants seem to enjoy it. since there is no perfect nutrient solution, it works well enough :)

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

This is precisely why i bailed on making my own. Precipitation, incompatabilities, general lack of any chemistry knowledge, time spent mixing, and mostly the time and energy spent acquiring specialty ingredients like sodium benzoate, peg-90, polysorbate, etc. etc. Ill just pay heavy 16, who will actually custom blend nutrients as well, to make mine and find quality additives to supplement where i.need. Went through a ton of additives ingredient lists last night and put together a nice list of about 20 things that i can supplrment w in foliars, teas and feeds to achieve what i wanted to w mixing my own. Sure itll more expensive up front but w time saved and not getting worked up fucking up my own mix, itll b.well worth it having the peace of mind knowing my solutions arent going to precipitate.

not to mention some of the most devout and reputable "jacks" users have even admitted that they have had sub par results due to miscalculation or improper ratios. I can understand if this is a hobby, but most people cant afford those mishaps. penny wise and pound foolish.

yeah, i can see how improper measurements can really screw one up :/ if the products weren't so darn expensive, i might not have gone this route. no, not a hobby, but like anything it takes paying attention and anything that produces similar results while reducing costs dramatically shows up in the bottom line

i use a dark 5 gal bucket with a gamma lid on it. there are preservatives that can be used, i'm just not sure what, and they hydrobuddy guy is being rather elusive which is annoying

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i've found as of late that my A solution, which contains iron edta is forming mold. i thought sodium benzoate would help, but it isn't, and my solution is at a ph of 5.2 any suggestions of what i might be able to use that would not negatively impact my concentrate? they guy from hydrobuddy, whose program i use, wasn't of any assistance.

thank you!

email the owner of customhydronutrients. He will have the best answer for you no doubt. Good to see you on the boards.

Top Bottom