Found a hermie....are these plants hermies too?

• Thread starter RainFlowerFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Thank you for answering. Much appreciated. Check this out

This looks like calyx....but it forms next to the white pistol hairs.......some plants have small ones small have large. Nothing inside but air......these see calyx or balls?

20220704 063213
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
while that may look like a male pollen sack with the striated sides. it is just an ugly girl at the bar bro. common nodal calyx. pollen sacks usually have a teeny tiny stem from the plant to the sack. pull it off anyway man...pull anything suspect to you at this stage in your career....later on you get more discerning and confident.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey green , is that pollen on your fingerprint finger ?

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Lol.. good eye, thought i had seen pollen too.
No that's @RainFlowerFarms , forgot to quote him.
Just trickles from combing threw the bud. Gav
Looking like an already open pollen sack. . View attachment 1258951
Went back and checked that's actually a spot where I clipped a branch off a couple weeks back. Looks confusing in pic. About to head into the room now. Lights just went on.....cross ya fingaz

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

So, I went threw all 54 plants and only found 7 seeds. However my Durban Kush had a couple seeds. thought that was more resistant. Anyways, I decided to Flush for 5-7 days and chop. Im in coco so the 1 week flush should be good to go yeah?

tricomes are cloudy with about 15% amber. hairs are 60-70% amber and curling not straight out.... should continue to ripen during flush and dry/cure, yeah?

Also, by doing this, I will get ahead of anymore seed production, yes or no? I know seeds will continue to be produced but by killing the plant it should slow it down no? hoping to chop by monday with minimal seeds.

Probably found 20 seeds or so out of 54 plants over the last 2 days.........

What does everyone think???????

i been shittin my pants for the last couple days since finding the hermie on a fem plant.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
i'm afraid you are in for a big surprise when you start opening those nugs up brother.....pollen is no joke. You found 20...but there's likely a few hundred. You'll also have soft seeds that did not make it to full maturity those pop and crackle when smoked. Flushing is a HUGE hot button for me and my science oriented mind...you do you i am not your father lol. but yeah good learning lesson man....54 plants? that's a learning curve...bravo for seeing it through.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

i'm afraid you are in for a big surprise when you start opening those nugs up brother.....pollen is no joke. You found 20...but there's likely a few hundred. You'll also have soft seeds that did not make it to full maturity those pop and crackle when smoked. Flushing is a HUGE hot button for me and my science oriented mind...you do you i am not your father lol. but yeah good learning lesson man....54 plants? that's a learning curve...bravo for seeing it through.
Flushing you think is bad idea because it will styress them out more? they are on day 52.....everything looks harvest ready.....thoughts? gimme the truth

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Flushing you think is bad idea because it will styress them out more? they are on day 52.....everything looks harvest ready.....thoughts? gimme the truth
i went thoruhg all the plants for like 4 hours. i opened nugs and found nothing. only seeds i found were at the tip of a few nugs here and there. honestly not even 20 like 15 maybe. they are in coco so if i flush for next 5-7 what do you think will happen. would make their harvest on day 59-61

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
oh im not getting into that today friend lol...please don't be mad. once you've spent time on cannabis forums you'll understand. I want you to continue as you've done....ask questions of those growers that have gone before you, and just take the info as it is and apply it, research it, or throw it away....some of us like to fight tooth and nail all day about a subject like flushing....others, not so much cuz we've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

oh im not getting into that today friend lol...please don't be mad. once you've spent time on cannabis forums you'll understand. I want you to continue as you've done....ask questions of those growers that have gone before you, and just take the info as it is and apply it, research it, or throw it away....some of us like to fight tooth and nail all day about a subject like flushing....others, not so much cuz we've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.
I dont understand why I cant get an opinion? Im not here to judge or argue.... Im in the final 12 days of the crop anyways so i was going to start the flush Friday as is......just wondering about starting it a few days early. in my mind i thought maybe itd stop the onslaught of seeds thatg are coming.......but id love to HEAR ANOTHER OPINION. thanks

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
you're not the one im afraid of arguing or judging

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I dont understand why I cant get an opinion? Im not here to judge or argue.... Im in the final 12 days of the crop anyways so i was going to start the flush Friday as is......just wondering about starting it a few days early. in my mind i thought maybe itd stop the onslaught of seeds thatg are coming.......but id love to HEAR ANOTHER OPINION. thanks
Yes you can flush any time. There is not much you can do at this point to change anything.

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Yes you can flush any time. There is not much you can do at this point to change anything.
Thank you. Over the next 5 days will a lot of seeds develop? Once I chop no more should develop right?

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

No not in 5 days, the ones developing will continue for the 5 though,right no more will develop after chop
Cool so maybe a few seeds per plant. Nothing crazy?

What's best way to clean the room after dry? Bleach water everthing???

Thank you

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Cool so maybe a few seeds per plant. Nothing crazy?

What's best way to clean the room after dry? Bleach water everthing???

Thank you
I have no way of knowing how many seeds you will get, if you haven't found many by going through buds at this point,5 days wont change it. Yes to bleach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom