Found Reason For Phantom Sickness And Distorted Growth

• Thread starter hunterfisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
showmegreen

showmegreen

Hell I wonder if them good mite eatin mites hav'a hanker'n fer ticks an chiggers when they git done munchin up all tha other mites? I'd sure welcome them suckers in my garden. I swear a chigger will crawl 50 miles through the desert an 10 feet o snow just to stake claim to a piece of the elastic on my tightey whitez an make it their kitchen table. Itchy lil' bastards! We git'em pritty bad roun here. Where'd you go bout gittin a jar full of them wat ya call'ems? I know walmarts probly dont sell'em. Let me guess... First I Googley'em then I Amazon ta git'em. Yee! Haw! Hogs ta the slaughter we are. Damn shame it is. So is that where a person'ld git em? Internet?

smokin jay

smokin jay

I get all my beneficial insects from Arbico Organics on the internet. If those mites won't eat up them chiggers n ticks they might have something that will LOL.

showmegreen

showmegreen

@Seamaiden there really aint no REAL farmers roun here no more. That went way with the 80's. Sure the land gets cultivated but its all co-op'd (big buisness financed) while the true good ol'boys sit all the day at the coffee shop or at tha lottery counter of tha gas station owned by some guy with a visa. Jus waitin fer their monthly check. Tell all the problems of tha world an how ta fix'em but not doin a DAMN THING! Talkin an do'in are two differnt things I tell ya. Fuggin sell'n the next generation to some guy who lives in a world of concrete an steel that.... Whoa I better stop! Wheew! My bi-polar meds aint cuttin it. Time to take my "socially unacceptable, illegal in my state, medication that makes a world of difference in my outlook on life and at society as a whole." BE BLESSED ON YER SEARCH FOR THE ETERNAL BUZZ!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<sigh> What a shame, but! I'm telling you, there are some still out there in Mizzree. I've been reading about 'em, swear to God.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Few an far between sister. Few an far between. Most of us jus feed our families an our neighbors. Barter'n instead of cash. But we're healthier than most folk. At least physically. All crazy as a loon I tell ya. But that aint all bad.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Has anyone tried Pylon? I see it's specific for broad and russet mites. Heavy shit but I'm getting desperate and sick of these bugs......

Coir

Coir

Amblyseius fallacis (= Neoseiulus fallacis) is an excellent general predator mite for control of many different types of mites in hotter, drier situations than other predatory mite species can handle. Particularly recommended for spider mites on roses and vegetable crops in greenhouses, this predator can also help suppress cyclamen mite in strawberry fields and broad mite in greenhouses. N. fallacis has been found to be more effective than N. californicus in northern climates on Mint, Hops and Strawberries. It can also be effective in orchards against the European red mite and the two-spotted spider mite, as it tolerates higher temperatures and lower humidities than P. persimilis.
Appearance: Adults are pear-shaped and slightly smaller than the European red mite adult. They are white until they feed after which they take on the coloration of their prey (usually red or brown). The eggs are pear shaped, almost transparent, but slightly larger than the round European red mite eggs. The nymphs are also transparent and difficult to see without a microscope. Of the five N. fallacis life stages, only the 1st nymphal stage is six legged. All other post-egg stages have eight legs.
Life Cycle: Mated adult females may overwinter in plant crevices or other protected areas if prey is available in the fall. They emerge as early as bloom, but in reduced numbers due to heavy winter mortality. N. fallacis increases in number rapidly and adults become numerous by July or August. They live about 20 days and lay an average of 40-60 eggs. Eggs are laid along the ribs of the undersides of leaves.
Relative Effectiveness: Because N. fallacis is a voracious consumer of mites and because its population increases quickly in relation to its prey, it can overtake an expanding pest population. It develops into the adult stage in about one third the time required by other mite predators. However, when N. fallacis has reduced the prey population, it will leave the area in search of more mites, whereas other mite predators survive on alternate foods.
spacer-10.gif

I recommend A. Andersoni for broad mite eradication along with A. cucumeris for long term preventative treatment. Both come in slow release bags that last around 6-8 weeks. 100% control/eradication without the use of any chemicals!

showmegreen

showmegreen

I get all my beneficial insects from Arbico Organics on the internet. If those mites won't eat up them chiggers n ticks they might have something that will LOL.
Got my order of chigger gitters, tick tacklers an fly fuggers in Saturdays mail. They got all kines of buggers in that thar Arbico catalog. I also jus picked up two trios of lavender guineas. "Come on wit it bugs! I'm ready!"

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Got my order of chigger gitters, tick tacklers an fly fuggers in Saturdays mail. They got all kines of buggers in that thar Arbico catalog. I also jus picked up two trios of lavender guineas. "Come on wit it bugs! I'm ready!"
Do they munch on russets too? I can't see the things really well. My wife says they are (were I hope) broadmites. However I've been told most of the farmers are seeing russets.

Top Bottom