Found seeds during harvest -- is this an issue?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Had one Chemdog #4 in flower; harvested a week later than I should have. Found many seeds while cutting. What does this mean? Did it hermie or do I have a male. Have 4 other Chemdog #4 clones from that original plant. They've been in flower about a month -- should I get rid rid of them? How can I tell female from male in flower?

TIA

jkbeing

jkbeing

Your female plant hermied. The seeds are all female. Look for bannannas (nanners) growing from the top of your buds and pick them. Too much light in the dark cycle?

Green Giant

Green Giant

I was just worried it might be that strain -- it is new to me -- first grow out. None of my other strains had seeds, and I harvested about the same time. I'll watch for the other Chemdog #4 in flower. Had a buddy tell me to just get rid of them, thinking they r male, b4 they ruin the other ladies.

putembk

putembk

Chemdog #4 can herm on you. Jk is right you probably have light getting on on the dark cycle. Go in the room during the dark cycle and sit in there for about 5 minutes and see if you see any light. If you put your hand in front of your face and you can see it there is to much light getting in. Also the slightest exposure to light by checking on them can cause a herm. If I need to check on things for any reason during the dark cycle I use green party lights. The plants aren't affected by green.

Cort

Cort

Have a friend move a bright light along edges, corners, entry ways, windows and ducting while inside sitting the the dark. It helps make it even more noticeable. If you have lots of small pinholes a magic marker can help id the spots when you turn lights back on to fix.

Freekin tents leak like crazy.

S

swisscheese

Seeds are usually caused by user error of some sort not the genetics. I personally wouldn't throw a plant halfway through flower out either just let it finish and if you're worried go hunt for bananas then do a foliar spray on the room to neutralize any pollen in the room or remaining on the plants.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Seeds are usually caused by user error of some sort not the genetics. I personally wouldn't throw a plant halfway through flower out either just let it finish and if you're worried go hunt for bananas then do a foliar spray on the room to neutralize any pollen in the room or remaining on the plants.

What can be used to neutralize the pollen? Hoping to avoid bleach...

buddahslave

buddahslave

I turn lights on in my flowering room all the time and in 13 years never had a problem. You might have a male plant in the room and did not identify him correctly. In an out door grow when the stars and moon are bright it doesn't create seeds only pollen does. If it was a light problem then it would have effected all your other strains. I would dump the Chemdog #4 and stick with what works!
Male plant

putembk

putembk

I turn lights on in my flowering room all the time and in 13 years never had a problem. You might have a male plant in the room and did not identify him correctly. In an out door grow when the stars and moon are bright it doesn't create seeds only pollen does. If it was a light problem then it would have effected all your other strains. I would dump the Chemdog #4 and stick with what works!View attachment 258747
Chemdog #4 is a bitch in many ways but well worth it.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I believe I have nanners showing on my sour diesels (from clone) but they have been showing for over a week now with no sign of seeds...Any ideas?

jkbeing

jkbeing

Alot of nanners aren't that potent, not much pollen. Unless you got balls hanging down, just pick the nanners and the seeds should be manageable.

..and throw them seeds outside somewhere for a suprise garden :)

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Alot of nanners aren't that potent, not much pollen. Unless you got balls hanging down, just pick the nanners and the seeds should be manageable.

..and throw them seeds outside somewhere for a suprise garden :)

Ill look through them tonight...Normally, how long after you see nanners will you see the developement of seeds?

jkbeing

jkbeing

A week, the buds will swell up big around buds that are unswollen. Once you notice them they take about a month to finish.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

A week, the buds will swell up big around buds that are unswollen. Once you notice them they take about a month to finish.

Have you ever seen the hairs brown and die back (looks like they're about to form seeds) then a day or two later then stack on new, fat, white pistils...

jkbeing

jkbeing

Yeah i'll get that when my fan or light's too close. If they die back and then the buds start swelling prematurly, then you got seeds. Some strains def swell more then others, which makes it harder to tell later in flowering.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I turn lights on in my flowering room all the time and in 13 years never had a problem. You might have a male plant in the room and did not identify him correctly. In an out door grow when the stars and moon are bright it doesn't create seeds only pollen does. If it was a light problem then it would have effected all your other strains. I would dump the Chemdog #4 and stick with what works!View attachment 258747

I'm positive that all my ladies are ladies, nothing looks like the male you posted. So I have to assume that she hermied. I did sit in the flower room for about 10 minutes and still could not see any light coming in from outside rooms. The only thing I can think of is I had a light timer fail about a month or so ago and left the room dark for two days. I have been turning the lights on and off by hand since then.(I know that it hasn't been all that consistent but only by a little bit of time, still very close to 12/12)

Can a hermied plant pollinate any others in the room?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Chemdog #4 - thou it is awesome smoke is hermie prone , I wouldn't sweat it bro, worst case you will have a bunch of Chemdog #4 s1 seeds which is not a bad thing.... unless they all herm .....good luck ....peace soser

jkbeing

jkbeing

A good timer is essential! I have a Sentinel timer that works great. Before I bought it I would have a timer mess up once a week. After 2 stressed gardens from bad timers, I spent $200 on the Sentinel. I haven't worried for 2 years. It looks really cool also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom