Found seeds during harvest -- is this an issue?

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

A good timer is essential! I have a Sentinel timer that works great. Before I bought it I would have a timer mess up once a week. After 2 stressed gardens from bad timers, I spent $200 on the Sentinel. I haven't worried for 2 years. It looks really cool also.

The sentinel timers are bad ass I agree 100%.

soserthc1

soserthc1

The sentinel timers are bad ass I agree 100%.
any timer is a must you can not rely on yourself what are the chances you will shut lights off and on everyday at the same time.....slim to impossible IMHO.... cant tell you how many times when during the hot times i had to crack the door and even being in the house I was always a little late to shut door all the way... if it was not for a timer i would never had a successful crop. jmho

S

swisscheese

any timer is a must you can not rely on yourself what are the chances you will shut lights off and on everyday at the same time.....slim to impossible IMHO.... cant tell you how many times when during the hot times i had to crack the door and even being in the house I was always a little late to shut door all the way... if it was not for a timer i would never had a successful crop. jmho

I've done the plug and unplug ballast game for a run or 2 and it sucks. On at 9am off at 9pm or vice versa LOL talk about a boring schedule.

jkbeing

jkbeing

I have also done the be home by 9pm and up by 9am game also. It got the job done but, I don't think I could ever get accustomed to that again.
Swisscheese- I got about two weeks till my Bubbakush is dry, can't wait, def one of my faves.

Cort

Cort

Id buy a $15 timer and check on it before I relied on me to plug stuff in at a set time.

S

swisscheese

I have also done the be home by 9pm and up by 9am game also. It got the job done but, I don't think I could ever get accustomed to that again.
Swisscheese- I got about two weeks till my Bubbakush is dry, can't wait, def one of my faves.
It's not a fun schedule but when it's time to get the job done and money is tight it works but I too use timers now. Now if you ever need a certified bubba kush tester you let me know I'm a professional. :p

buddahslave

buddahslave

I'm positive that all my ladies are ladies, nothing looks like the male you posted. So I have to assume that she hermied. I did sit in the flower room for about 10 minutes and still could not see any light coming in from outside rooms. The only thing I can think of is I had a light timer fail about a month or so ago and left the room dark for two days. I have been turning the lights on and off by hand since then.(I know that it hasn't been all that consistent but only by a little bit of time, still very close to 12/12)

Can a hermied plant pollinate any others in the room?
In my humble opinion the lights are not a factor. If the the lights are off for two days you will just get more thc and leaves will start to turn yellow. Something as extreme as hermaphroditing is genetics only. Now stress can bring out those type of problems especially if the seed or clone was feminized, that process has lots of problems with hermies and is hard wired in its genetic code. Feminized seeds are not natural and sometimes have adverse affects which is reported about lots of feminized seeds. I would stick with the foshow strains to be safe because seeds in weed is like finding a fly in your soup, you can eat it but most of us don't want to. I hope this helps you, happy farming;)

A

atomic punk

Your female plant hermied. The seeds are all female. Look for bannannas (nanners) growing from the top of your buds and pick them. Too much light in the dark cycle?

Hey Jk, I posted a few weeks back with a question and got only one answer I'll ask you. I had a few different strains one of which was a white widow ( a good girl) she hermied ever so slightly just a few lower branches I got a few seeds off my white fire Hawaiian bubba Blue dream SSH S Skunk etc average about 30 seeds each these girls are all female thru & thru will these seeds most likely be female my friend told me they probably are. I have a couple friends that have popped at least 8 of which 3 were the white widow and all were straight female, I would like to pop a couple just to see what they will do what are your thoughts on all female. Thanks, AP

jkbeing

jkbeing

Hey Jk, I posted a few weeks back with a question and got only one answer I'll ask you. I had a few different strains one of which was a white widow ( a good girl) she hermied ever so slightly just a few lower branches I got a few seeds off my white fire Hawaiian bubba Blue dream SSH S Skunk etc average about 30 seeds each these girls are all female thru & thru will these seeds most likely be female my friend told me they probably are. I have a couple friends that have popped at least 8 of which 3 were the white widow and all were straight female, I would like to pop a couple just to see what they will do what are your thoughts on all female. Thanks, AP
Females only have the pollen when they hermie to grow female seeds. The male plants have the pollen to grow both male and female seeds. I never had a WW that didn't hermie in some small way. good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom