Fox Farm Happy Frog Fox Farm Trio Nutes Black Indica Help Me!!

• Thread starter Dreamingtree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dreamingtree

Dreamingtree

Fox farm happy frog fox farm trio nutes black indica help me 4
Fox farm happy frog fox farm trio nutes black indica help me
Fox farm happy frog fox farm trio nutes black indica help me 2
Fox farm happy frog fox farm trio nutes black indica help me 3
my plants have been growing very well. Today I noticed this. This is one of the first leaves this plant sprouted. She’s about a month old. The very edges of this leaf are starting to lighten and curl downward a little bit. There is a lot of thick growth up top so the bottoms don’t get as much light as they used to. What does this look like?
The first picture is the whole plant.
They are in max yield air pruning pots
I feed them fox farm grow big 3 tsp/gallon
And fox farm big bloom 2 tsp/gallon
I range the ph from 6.1 to 6.5 because happy frog soil seems to be a little high around 7.0

What would cause the older leaves to get yellow edges that also curl down just a little on the edges?

Dreamingtree

Dreamingtree

Yellow edges on leaves is typically a K deficiency, but your plants look slightly overfed. I'd cut back on the nitrogen a bit, as too much nitrogen can inhibit K uptake.
Will they turn back completely green as I cut back on the nutrients? How do I know when enough is enough?
Right now I put 3 teaspoons of fox farms grow big and 2 teaspoons of fox farms big bloom in every gallon of water I water with. Am I supposed to do this with every gallon or every other gallon or one gallon per week? I’m just giving them nutes every time I water them.

Dan789

Dan789

Soil also looks quite saturated, watch the watering amounts and watch ambient humidity inside growing space. Be on guard for potential for PWM (powdery White mildew). Make sure there’s enough air circulation and exhaust.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Will they turn back completely green as I cut back on the nutrients? How do I know when enough is enough?
Right now I put 3 teaspoons of fox farms grow big and 2 teaspoons of fox farms big bloom in every gallon of water I water with. Am I supposed to do this with every gallon or every other gallon or one gallon per week? I’m just giving them nutes every time I water them.

Your soil mix already has a ton of organic nutrients in it, You dont really need to give them anything but plain water for the first while. Like probably a few weeks or more. I'd start feeding only when they start looking hungry. And like Dan said let them dry up good between waterings.

And they dont look too bad honestly. you wont recover damaged tissue but you will prevent any further damage by dialing back on the feeding.

Dreamingtree

Dreamingtree

Soil also looks quite saturated, watch the watering amounts and watch ambient humidity inside growing space. Be on guard for potential for PWM (powdery White mildew). Make sure there’s enough air circulation and exhaust.
These max yield air pruning pots let the soil dry out really fast. I just watered them in this picture. I water them almost every day. I put my finger an inch or two deep in the soil to see if it’s dry under the surface before I water then I try to wait a few more hours, like 28-30 hours between watering.
I have 3 6 inch comfort zone clip fans. One one each plant then one above my lights to blow towards the exhaust.
There hasn’t been any more yellowing. The few leaves that did that are the same as they were and there is all kinds of new growth up top.
I’ll post some new pics when I get home.

Dreamingtree

Dreamingtree

Your soil mix already has a ton of organic nutrients in it, You dont really need to give them anything but plain water for the first while. Like probably a few weeks or more. I'd start feeding only when they start looking hungry. And like Dan said let them dry up good between waterings.

And they dont look too bad honestly. you wont recover damaged tissue but you will prevent any further damage by dialing back on the feeding.
Thanks. I’ll post some update pictures later on today.
They’re actually about a month old now, maybe a few days more. I backed of a teaspoon on both grow big and big bloom. And there is no more yellowing.

I’m a little confused about which times I water are supposed to have nutes in them. Right now I just mix up a gallon and feed them the nutrient mixture every time I water them. Im realizing that that might be too much and I should water with nutrients only once every 3 or 4 waterings. Is that right?
How do I tell if they look hungry?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks. I’ll post some update pictures later on today.
They’re actually about a month old now, maybe a few days more. I backed of a teaspoon on both grow big and big bloom. And there is no more yellowing.

I’m a little confused about which times I water are supposed to have nutes in them. Right now I just mix up a gallon and feed them the nutrient mixture every time I water them. Im realizing that that might be too much and I should water with nutrients only once every 3 or 4 waterings. Is that right?
How do I tell if they look hungry?

That sounds about right, I would probably do every other watering or once every three.. Knowing when they look hungry is hard to describe, but I look for some ever so slight lack of green vibrancy and I test my runoff EC. That is the most obvious indicator, but I grow soiless so it's easier to tell than testing runoff ec of a soil grow.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

You have your feed numbers wrong. 3 big bloom. 2 grow big is correct. Please check your numbers, plus the soil is plenty hot could use only water for now. Peace
View attachment 857000 View attachment 856995 View attachment 856996 View attachment 856999 my plants have been growing very well. Today I noticed this. This is one of the first leaves this plant sprouted. She’s about a month old. The very edges of this leaf are starting to lighten and curl downward a little bit. There is a lot of thick growth up top so the bottoms don’t get as much light as they used to. What does this look like?
The first picture is the whole plant.
They are in max yield air pruning pots
I feed them fox farm grow big 3 tsp/gallon
And fox farm big bloom 2 tsp/gallon
I range the ph from 6.1 to 6.5 because happy frog soil seems to be a little high around 7.0

What would cause the older leaves to get yellow edges that also curl down just a little on the edges?

Dreamingtree

Dreamingtree

Thank you everybody I really appreciate your advice. Problem solved. I have a grow journal going

Fox Farm Hf Soil/nutes Black Indica Fem 3x1.5x3.5 Mars Hydro Eco 600w

That’s what I labeled the thread. How do I link it to the bottom of my posts? Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom