fox farm question

• Thread starter moyerjoey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moyerjoey

ok I was going to dig a 6x6 area about a foot deep overturn that soil and ho it next I was going to throw fox farm peace of mind all purpose fertilizer that's 5 5 5 on that till that in and then water it then plant my seedlings now will this work and how often will I need to feed if at all

also I have the fox farm peace of mind steamed bone meal for flowering that's 3 15 0 is that good and I shouldn't add that until flowering starts right any help thanks

M

med.botany

depending on where you live and the kind of soil you have you might want to supplement the soil with more than just FF POM..u might need something to control the acidity in the soil, like Dolomite...and more nutrients like worm castings, guano, blood/bone meal, and you can put some perlite or coco depending whether you need the soil hold more water or if you want it dry out faster..hope this helps homie

STAY GREEN

M

Medic

if you trying to just dig a hole and are just trying to dump a super soil mix in dude pm me man. Only because im so stoned at times, ill forget i even posted here. LOL.

Cali

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Speaking of Fox Farm and amendments I just found this product and was thinking of giving it a whirl. It may work well in your situation as well moyerjoey. At the bottom of the page underneath the worm castings, which, as mentioned is also a very good amendment.

Green grows.

M

moyerjoey

im no expert but that sounds excellent for those who don't want to or can't mix their own organic soil

Kendo

Kendo

Happy frog is light warrior soil and ocean forest soil mixed together
At $21.95 a 3 cf bag thats really not bad at all.
I think I will have my local store order me some bags of that. Good looking out Highroller.

B

baggins

depending on where you live and the kind of soil you have you might want to supplement the soil with more than just FF POM..u might need something to control the acidity in the soil, like Dolomite...and more nutrients like worm castings, guano, blood/bone meal, and you can put some perlite or coco depending whether you need the soil hold more water or if you want it dry out faster..hope this helps homie

STAY GREEN
I would not add blood meal to an outside garden, it will draw vermin. All the regular amendments make sense, but I'd add myco, trich, and aem. Feed the soil, not the plant.

U

Ulysses

Get the pulverized Dolomite Lime- FF POM line has alot of great stuff in it but not enough Calcium and Magnesium- it also won't buffer the pH like the pulverized dolomite will...

M

moyerjoey

where can I get pulvarised lime at and can I put it on top of the soil since I already have my seeds germed and in soil

R

ReelBusy1

Speaking of Fox Farm and amendments I just found this product and was thinking of giving it a whirl. It may work well in your situation as well moyerjoey. At the bottom of the page underneath the worm castings, which, as mentioned is also a very good amendment.

Green grows.

looks awesome HR.
gettings some Friday.

C

chickenn

a foot deep hole ain't shit. dig the hole at least 3 foot deep, get into the water table. the plant will grow the tap root into it, and be able to find moisture in flower without watering.

put 80 % fox farm, or pro-mix (ammended) and 20 % indigenous earth from the hole. this will make the roots recognize the indigenous earth later on, and the roots will grow into it.

dig it 3 foot deep, x 2 ft. x 2 ft.

outside ain't easy, it is work. and anything you put in the hole that smells like fish, or shit, or just plain ass, even fresh turned soil will draw animals in.

prep your holes, and give the fucking animals time to dig in it and leave it alone. kind of late for that plan now though. or cover the hole with wire, and plant the seedling through the wire. cutting the wire away from the stalk as the plant grows.

lots of info....lol been there done that. if you want big returns outside, you gotta prep prep prep, deal with the aniumals and bugs, leo, rippers, mother nature, too much rain, not enough rain, rot, drought...lol

good luck

Top Bottom