Fox Farm with Frebo

• Thread starter frebo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frebo

frebo

I realized my continuing photos of my plants look, to me, like they are smaller than they really are. So today my grow partners came over for a work/smoke session and I took another photo but with them in it. Do they look bigger now?
Our weather has been very nice and in the 80’s then 90’s but Sunday we’re looking at 104 and I am remembering that I am supposed to add something to my watering during hot weather. Was it Cal-Mag?
CA487D00 32FF 4EE6 B292 118E287B4EF7

Rooke

Rooke

Does anyone else add silica to watering in extreme heat?
I’ve been using it for about 3.5 weeks now it’s been incredibly hot here in S.E. Ontario I’ve been using it for 2 years on my outdoor plants this is my 3 rd year I believe it helps resilience to heat / cold / and moisture in the fall. Your plants are amazing!!!!!!!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Does anyone else add silica to watering in extreme heat?
Bought it for the first time, just came today, little late for this summers crop but I'm going to start adding it going forward; don't know what to expect hoping for good things!?🤞

20200728 095048

Rooke

Rooke

Bought it for the first time, just came today, little late for this summers crop but I'm going to start adding it going forward; don't know what to expect hoping for good things!?🤞

View attachment 1006929
Hey there it’s not to late to start adding it as far as I know @ Great Lakes can you chime in on this one please. There’s a thread on it here on the farm. I use it at about 1/2 strength

frebo

frebo

Hey there it’s not to late to start adding it as far as I know @ Great Lakes can you chime in on this one please. There’s a thread on it here on the farm. I use it at about 1/2 strength
So, 1/2 strength is # per gallon? My son has always grown with me and insisted on taking care of fertilizing and buying all the additives. He moved away. I had to ask him about what to add in extreme heat, which we are not done with, although the 15 day forecast stays in the low 90’s. Thank you for your input.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Silica works wonders. I dealt with heat 85-95 at times throughout flowering and I have to say dyna gro pro tekt really hardened my plants off. I saw no signs of heat related stress. Those guys up there are right.

Beautiful trees BTW

frebo

frebo

I took a couple photos today. I think Chocolate Hashberry and Bruce Banner are over 10’ despite pinching Them three times. The sun flowers are getting there also. I guess I did plant them too close together this year but I will have so much more than I need for my “extended Family”, I may only trim the top buds. I do have a “Family” member who may want the rest for dab.
DC6A6C71 EC19 4A3A 8229 F524BD7A98CF
36030DE3 8D81 48CC 8EEC 2376837E4D72

I am on week 7 of the Fox Farm Schedule and not satisfied with that I still make teas and foliar sprays. I have yet to really twist any leaves.

Rooke

Rooke

So, 1/2 strength is # per gallon? My son has always grown with me and insisted on taking care of fertilizing and buying all the additives. He moved away. I had to ask him about what to add in extreme heat, which we are not done with, although the 15 day forecast stays in the low 90’s. Thank you for your input.
Heya there @ frebo I check what’s max on the recommended amount and use 50% typically that’s been a safe start for me. I use it on every feed hope this helps!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I took a couple photos today. I think Chocolate Hashberry and Bruce Banner are over 10’ despite pinching Them three times. The sun flowers are getting there also. I guess I did plant them too close together this year but I will have so much more than I need for my “extended Family”, I may only trim the top buds. I do have a “Family” member who may want the rest for dab.View attachment 1009825View attachment 1009826
I am on week 7 of the Fox Farm Schedule and not satisfied with that I still make teas and foliar sprays. I have yet to really twist any leaves.
Chocolate hashberry is such a special strain. Great smoke. Don’t lose those genetics. Happy grows.

frebo

frebo

Chocolate hashberry is such a special strain. Great smoke. Don’t lose those genetics. Happy grows.
Leafly has it at 16.9% THC, but the clone I got at a dispensary in Oregon marked it as coming from a 25% mother. I can’t wait.

I just watered and noticed Pinkleberry Kush is starting to bud with purple hairs.

Last edited:
frebo

frebo

Photo update. Everything is looking great to me. No sign of bugs, just a possum digging up some potatoes.
50599DB6 4074 43EC A390 3286BE6DFC30
5AC06003 D046 43D9 970A 99912DBE9636

frebo

frebo

19BAC62C B960 42EB A6B4 3D738EA72500

I noticed Yellow tips on Pinkleberry Kush’s leaf tips. Deficiency or did I hit them a little too hard?

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
Silica works wonders. I dealt with heat 85-95 at times throughout flowering and I have to say dyna gro pro tekt really hardened my plants off. I saw no signs of heat related stress. Those guys up there are right.

Beautiful trees BTW
I used Humboldt secrets tree trunk. During a week+ of 90-110 none of my plants even flinched. All indoors when i was dealing a busted central AC. Im not sure if it was that that did it or not.

frebo

frebo

Loving all the work, the nude burn may be from the manure, if it's not composted long enough it has ALOT of N in it. (Mainly chicken shit)
Not from manure. I used seasoned goat shit. I added too many amendments besides the Fox Farm Schedule to my week 8 feeding. I will flush for a few days starting with the Fox Farm Sledgehammer and the just water for
maybe a week. Thank you for your interest.

frebo

frebo

The weather report for the next 5-6 days are over 100 degrees and one day at 111. Yes, I am adding Silica with every watering. Is there anything else I should be adding or doing for this hot stretch?
Pinkleberry Kush is the farthest along toward flower.
2EB610E1 B925 422D AD74 2CDB7CBAE68E
30B3B235 1859 4FFD A33B 9DB4261EC0FF
3DE74109 878C 46E9 8BFE 1A03FDE44EA7

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Well you cant go wrong with fox farm, my hydro guy cant keep ffoc in stock there is a dirt shortage here, he would usalley buy a pallet but now he is only getting 5 or 10 bags at a clip, is anyone else noticeing this? It's bc of flu and he cant keep it in stock, i payed for 2 bags in advance and hopefully fri.

Top Bottom