Fox Farm???

• Thread starter basscaptain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

I have compared all 3 and consistantly got better results with ocean forest only mixed with 25% or more large perlite.

Happy frog is their budget alternative.
ty I have beans in both right now, but the beans that I started and will be doing in a day or 2 I just went to get these rolling so I just wanted to ask.... Ty

sry 1 more ?? how long will the soil last if it is put on a pallet and covered, reason I'm asking is this store I ran into has the ocean for a GREAT price... they close for 3 months end of nov. can I buy a few bags and just store it????

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
ty I have beans in both right now, but the beans that I started and will be doing in a day or 2 I just went to get these rolling so I just wanted to ask.... Ty

sry 1 more ?? how long will the soil last if it is put on a pallet and covered, reason I'm asking is this store I ran into has the ocean for a GREAT price... they close for 3 months end of nov. can I buy a few bags and just store it????
I strictly use happy frog, had a bad experience with ocean forest and factory born gnats that came with the bags.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It is only fresh and worth using organic soil like ocean forest for 3-6 months after bagging. 1 year for stuff like pro mix with no added ammendments. It all breaks down over time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I strictly use happy frog, had a bad experience with ocean forest and factory born gnats that came with the bags.

Same factory. Soils mixed in same hopper in their video.

They add the myco to happy frog because of the lack of enough organic inputs. No need for ocean forest.

But i got my gnats this year from sunlight supplies new soil mother earth groundswell. But it was from the stores storage. Thats where the gnats usually come from as they dont inhabit dry soil.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Same factory. Soils mixed in same hopper in their video.

They add the myco to happy frog because of the lack of enough organic inputs. No need for ocean forest.

But i got my gnats this year from sunlight supplies new soil mother earth groundswell. But it was from the stores storage. Thats where the gnats usually come from as they dont inhabit dry soil.
This was some years ago, probably changed it up after all the complaints. New a lot of Farmers that had the same issue at the time.

B

bloodhungry

Use the happy frog for vegging and the ocean forest for flower. If you actually read the bags good youll see for the needs of the plant its almost perfectly balanced for specific veg or flower. My advice is to cut it with say a 60/40 blend of the foxfarm(frog or forest) and mix with either promix hp or roots organics 707 and youll love the outcome and your dirt will go a lot further.

B

bloodhungry

Then youll have no need for nuits for the first 2 weeks of flower, just ph'd water and cal/mag.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Use the happy frog for vegging and the ocean forest for flower. If you actually read the bags good youll see for the needs of the plant its almost perfectly balanced for specific veg or flower. My advice is to cut it with say a 60/40 blend of the foxfarm(frog or forest) and mix with either promix hp or roots organics 707 and youll love the outcome and your dirt will go a lot further.

They say to start seedlings right on the bag. There are no specific veg and flower bags. Just cheap and more expensive from how high quality the inputs are.

I have actually read the bags and the website. Lol. Sounds like you didnt.

basscaptain

basscaptain

ok here's the deal, if I use pm/hp I have to order it, so I'm trying to use the fox farm cause I can get it, it's a good price point.... and if I have to learn something new , I need easy simple and easy , I like to shop at mom pop stores cause it helps keep them in food....... So with that said I can see what else they have in stock tomorrow, But I all ready have both mr happy and the sea bass

B

bloodhungry

I was making a personal preference to a suggestion. id love to put my plants against yours anyday there MIMedGrower, funny haa im from Michigan too.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Seedlings started in rapid rooter cubes set in happy frog soil. Just kept the soil moist enough to keep the cubes moist. 100% success rate.
69A78FD9 2979 4590 8342 8FC5C51B7F00

Hereā€™s one of the mothers I kept from that run @Rootbound turned me on to.

hps4891

hps4891

I use ocean forest and am happy with it so far. I dont put beans str8 in it tho, i always do paper towels/ziplocs then transfer after they pop. And at 1st i dont use it str8, until they grow a few pairs of leaves, i mix OF with peat & perlite so they dont get burned. Ive had good luck with that lately. And for baby sprouts that seem like they may be sensitive, i use 2 parts peat with 1 part perlite for at least the 1st couple weeks. Just wouldnt go much longer in the peat mix cuz it seems to get super acidic after that.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have compared all 3 and consistantly got better results with ocean forest only mixed with 25% or more large perlite.

Happy frog is their budget alternative.
i agree,i do beans right into ocean forest,more time then not when im growing medicine it is the go too,up to you to build the bioligy you seek,happy frog is all right,but ocean would be my choice,doesnt need any feed for at least the first 3 weeks,every bag i PH and NPK test,6.5 and adequte ,P and K,N has been surplus for a fresh bag

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

tarp it like you would concrete bags and it will be fine,you want a little air just enough were the bags stacked dont sweat,under the tarp i put trash bag on top then cover with tarp

Latest posts

Top Bottom