Freak frost might be coming

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Hello all! This year was my first time growing outside and I am at work and just saw that there was a frost advisory through 8am est.... I was planning on harvesting next week but looks like I might need to when I get home... So my question is this. If there is frost on my plants is all hope lost or can I recover the bud? Cause I'm def going to cut them when I get home but just wondering if I'm going to lose everything or if it will be ok. Since this is my first outdoor I'm completely clueless about how to deal with frost since I've only been doing indoor grows.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hello all! This year was my first time growing outside and I am at work and just saw that there was a frost advisory through 8am est.... I was planning on harvesting next week but looks like I might need to when I get home... So my question is this. If there is frost on my plants is all hope lost or can I recover the bud? Cause I'm def going to cut them when I get home but just wondering if I'm going to lose everything or if it will be ok. Since this is my first outdoor I'm completely clueless about how to deal with frost since I've only been doing indoor grows.

^^There's a thread related to this.

You can try covering them with something like a tarp to help protect them. I actually have my plants in a 6 to 8 foot deep trench, so what I did was cover the hole in the ground with a tarp, stuck a 1200w space heater in there, and they were all just fine, even at 9 degrees overnight. It all depends on how cold it's going to get, and what kind of shelter you can provide at last minute. If you just have one or two plants to cover, try covering them individually and tuck the bottom in good to provide as much insulation as possible. May not save them, but these plants are pretty hardy to freezing, just depending on how cold and for how long it gets below 32f.

Good luck!

GerritF

GerritF

My plants just endured several nights of about 23-26F. One of Sunset plants looks not good. The other Sunset right next to it is fine. The Red Dragon is fine as is El Almaquista. When we talk of low temps it makes a difference as to how long those temps persist. It gets the coldest just before sun comes up. I have fought frost in my wine grapes for literally decades.

Top Bottom