Freakahow clone losing single leaf at a time

• Thread starter SystemUpdate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Just picked up a freakshow from darkheart nursery. I picked up several clones, as I have done in the past. Oddly, this one is freaking out and I am unsure what’s up with it. Figured I’d post it.

today is day 3/4 of having them (stoner).Day 2 it dropped its first leaf in the same manner. Today I woke upto the second leaf bailing like this. Hoping it doesn’t continue. Plants were quarantined in a 2x2 tent with a 60w led with uv. This plant was in the corner against the wall directly under the light turned to %25 about 2.5 feet away. I assume it’s not enough power to piss it off, but unsure? No light meter.

anyone familiar with this?Looks almost like damping off, but it hasn’t even been watered aside from watering it in to the promix. Should I quarantine from the quarantine? Rest of the plant looks as it should. I’ve been having bad luck with the freaks, not because they are difficult, but because I am dense. Any / all ideas appreciated (unless they’re not 🙃)

Freakahow clone losing single leaf at a time
SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Just picked up a freakshow from darkheart nursery. I picked up several clones, as I have done in the past. Oddly, this one is freaking out and I am unsure what’s up with it. Figured I’d post it.

today is day 3/4 of having them (stoner).Day 2 it dropped its first leaf in the same manner. Today I woke upto the second leaf bailing like this. Hoping it doesn’t continue. Plants were quarantined in a 2x2 tent with a 60w led with uv. This plant was in the corner against the wall directly under the light turned to %25 about 2.5 feet away. I assume it’s not enough power to piss it off, but unsure? No light meter.

anyone familiar with this?Looks almost like damping off, but it hasn’t even been watered aside from watering it in to the promix. Should I quarantine from the quarantine? Rest of the plant looks as it should. I’ve been having bad luck with the freaks, not because they are difficult, but because I am dense. Any / all ideas appreciated (unless they’re not 🙃)

Realized there are two other potential factors. First, it gets far less wind from the fan in the corner, but still enough to wiggle the leaves each rotation. Second, I ran out of mesh fruit bags / net pot liners so I used a generic paper towel. Have done this before with no adverse affects, but potentially a factor I guess.

9120969F 22AB 4180 8E55 32FEE7C66043
SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Realized there are two other potential factors. First, it gets far less wind from the fan in the corner, but still enough to wiggle the leaves each rotation. Second, I ran out of mesh fruit bags / net pot liners so I used a generic paper towel. Have done this before with no adverse affects, but potentially a factor I guess.

Watered in with 1/4 strength h16 base + prime, silica, Ca, and a drop of sea green, with azos sprinkle

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’m thinking it has a systemic infection working it’s way up the plant. I had one a couple years ago do a similar thing. When it finally died the stalks were grey inside. I hope I’m wrong and it turns around for you. Such a cool strain.

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

I’m thinking it has a systemic infection working it’s way up the plant. I had one a couple years ago do a similar thing. When it finally died the stalks were grey inside. I hope I’m wrong and it turns around for you. Such a cool strain.

Yikes. Thanks @Oldguy71 I hope it isn’t the super contagious type. Ya I love the strain so far. I tried some f7 seeds from strainly first but they are not what I was hoping for (they are sooooooo slow). I guess I’ll start again, hopefully third times a charm

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If it’s what I’m thinking it’s not contagious. Let that plant play out though. I’m not sure it’s the same thing I had.

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

If it’s what I’m thinking it’s not contagious. Let that plant play out though. I’m not sure it’s the same thing I had.

Will do. Was thinking about trying to clone it above last dropped leaf, and then trying to let the lower nodes grow out? Not sure if it’s big enough for either of them to survive that. Just weighing my options before just watching it slowly wilt out of existence

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The leaves themselves look really odd, like something is eating them and leaving the veins.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Dang man hopefully she pulls thru for u. I've been waiting for someone to post a freakshow lol

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Dang man hopefully she pulls thru for u. I've been waiting for someone to post a freakshow lol

Thanks man, same here. Wanted to get some practice runs in with it before upgrading to the new supafreak (Can’t wait)

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Going through photos and realized I was mistaken, it actually started dying off from the third fan and moved down to the last / 4th. So strange

5423DFF9 D785 4E95 A4CC C5E726E8B16A
DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I think as long as the nodes are still healthy looking you should be ok if it doesn't start gettin worse

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

To me it looks as if the stem of the leaf got injured or somethin

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

To me it looks as if the stem of the leaf got injured or somethin

Ya it’s strange tho because it was just sitting in the corner minding its own business and never saw any trauma. The leaf MAY have been touching the tent wall, but I can’t imagine that had anything to do with it. worth noting that a couple of the plants had aphids on them when I first brought them back. I don’t think freakshow was one of them, but my memory sucks. Plus it’s the only one out of the lot that is having these issues. The rest are looking a ok (for now)

yok.she

yok.she

Very cool, reminds me of a fern. Does anyone know what the smoke's like?

SystemUpdate

SystemUpdate

Very cool, reminds me of a fern. Does anyone know what the smoke's like?

Ya the smoke is sweeter than I was expecting. From what I gather one of the parents is holy banana, so it’s on the sweet side. Definitely had some funk / fuel as well. I actually really enjoy the smell. It’s pleasant, not offensive; but still fairly loud. At least that’s how the one I tried turned out. I can’t remember the other parent, maybe big bud? I’ll have to try to find it at some point.

If anyone is thinking about getting one, I’d go for the supafreak instead. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m looking forward to picking up some seeds at some point. It’s like a 45 day flower or something like that. Seems pretty incredible.

Top Bottom