Free Grow Operation / Room Software

• Thread starter geekygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

geekygrower

Hello,

I'd like to let everyone know that the Grow Assistant is testing freeware!

For thcfarmer.com member you can get the pre-release of Version 4.0 - FREE

compatible with Windows / Mac / (iPad / iPhone - with filemaker GO)

If you want to track from 1-1000 plants AT NO CHARGE check out
Get it HERE

I would like to use this thread "if allowed" to track interest and any support issues or feature requests that THCfarmer.com members may have.

Check it out, It's free and you'll love it!

jagle

jagle

not to be little your software but i made something very similiar, exactly how i needed and the way i wanted it using excel in an afternoon

I

ibTheMan

Are you the Cops try n to track or computers and pot?

G

geekygrower

not to be little your software but i made something very similiar, exactly how i needed and the way i wanted it using excel in an afternoon

No worries bro!

Excel is a pretty powerful software package in it's self!

G

geekygrower

Are you the Cops try n to track or computers and pot?

No cops here... just a legal grower.

We have been selling the Grow Assistant for a year now. when we started we wanted to reach a goal. So we started selling the software.

That goal has been met so to be honest to our plan we are now offering the software for free..

The only reason we will not "opensource" this software is to protect our development code as we still make versions of this software used by very large grow houses where there are multiple users using the software at any one time.

F

frostedlove

Sounds cool, why not

I'll check it out......Never heard of it before
I dont think its the cops.....LOL

People are funny on here, always screaming cops!

Ipad but no Iphone app?

G

geekygrower

I'll check it out......Never heard of it before
I dont think its the cops.....LOL

People are funny on here, always screaming cops!

Ipad but no Iphone app?

The iPhone is also supported. Sorry, fat finger mistake on my part.

I

ibTheMan

Cool i do it Legal also but that doesnt matter to cops.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

can you track exactly what you feed each plant and then manipulate that data to see trends based on results? that's what i've always wanted is to be able to track each additive and plant and then be able to go back and compare same strains feed different (height each day, final weight etc) and different strains with the same feed etc.

G

geekygrower

can you track exactly what you feed each plant and then manipulate that data to see trends based on results? that's what i've always wanted is to be able to track each additive and plant and then be able to go back and compare same strains feed different (height each day, final weight etc) and different strains with the same feed etc.

You sure can!

And remember. I'm here to develop for you. It's time to give back to the community. If you find something that doesn't fit what you need you are welcome to drop a feature request on our forum or here and we'll address it for the next release.

J

Jalisco Kid

Is there a way to stop my computer giving you info? I see no reason not to have that option. JK

F

frostedlove

i only saw ipad on your site....where is iphone app.

This will become my new bestfriend in the grow room...........

LOOks cool.......Downloaded and installed....Have not played too much but I think it will be cool to get it up and running. Keep ya posted!

Thanks bro

G

geekygrower

Is there a way to stop my computer giving you info? I see no reason not to have that option. JK

absolutely.

As stated on the website you can turn off "user info" anytime. Just go to the about page, then you'll see a button called privacy. click that and then you'll see a the bottom of the page that you can turn that feature off.

Is this what your speaking about?

G

geekygrower

i only saw ipad on your site....where is iphone app.

This will become my new bestfriend in the grow room...........

LOOks cool.......Downloaded and installed....Have not played too much but I think it will be cool to get it up and running. Keep ya posted!

Thanks bro

We really don't advertise the iPhone application as we found most people prefer the iPad due to it's larger screen size.

F

frostedlove

what are you talking about sending info???????
This program talks back too you guys????

G

geekygrower

Please read this excerpt from our Privacy Policy

This software does not access the internet with a few exceptions. A. The (In Program) Help forum B. The (In Program) Buy Now Page "Added by Geekygrower this section is void now as we are not selling the software"C. While in use the program will occasionally send GeekGrower Products non-specific use data, this is done via an encrypted method to preserve data security. -- This can be turned off in the About Page of the program for all registered users.

The program sends back the following information: Total Record Count, Total Times Used, Current (Local) date.
This information is send encrypted from your computer.

This is very standard information and none of it is user specific. We don't care who you are, we just would like to know how people use our software.

Of course, if you have any concerns or wish to not help us out in this regard.
YOU CAN TURN IT OFF AT ANY TIME INSIDE THE PROGRAM

J

Jalisco Kid

I just got into a couple of paragraphs when I ran into the info on sharing. that is as far as I got. Having assess to my plant count,pics,history,and ferts would not bother me if I was growing petunias. JK

G

geekygrower

I just got into a couple of paragraphs when I ran into the info on sharing. that is as far as I got. Having assess to my plant count,pics,history,and ferts would not bother me if I was growing petunias. JK

understandable. That is why I added a way to turn it of.

Again however, We only gather 3 pieces of information. Total record count, Local Date "for time purposes", and Total Times used.

None of the information we gather can be used to A. identify you B. Steal your "growing secrets" C. Know that your even growing marijuana.... For all I know you are growing petunias....

I have a paying customer who lives in Boston. They use this software not for marijuana but for maintain a community garden.

This software has many uses... I don't care, and don't know what you are actually doing with it.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

well this software sounds really cool. i'm going to install it on a VDI and dig into it.

Farmers - if you have security concerns its understandable once i install it on a VDI and turn on the privacy settings i will be able to see if it is doing any communication back to them. Nothing personal geek I'm sure it does not but as a whole our community inst trusting with this type of information especially just taking someones word who doesn't have a huge rep here.

this software sounds like a dream come true! and for the guy that said he built something like this in Excel good luck brother i spent months playing around with Excel trying to figure out a way to conveniently capture all of these attributes without having a million worksheets and came to the conclusion that Access would have to be used and never got around to building anything. if you really have a excel spreadsheet comparable share it give us farmers options!

Geek, a droid version would be awesome.....

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

been digging into this and getting all my mothers entered today. so far this is what i have not found or think this app could benifit from.

i dont see a field to capture lineage of strains. right now i'm using the first note to do this.

i'd like to build a database of my genetics and then when i create a new record just be able to pick the genetics and maybe see what the last numbered record was for that genetic so i can continue to number them in sequential order.

also with the lineage piece it would be awesome if you put in all the info then could search for say anything you have with say 'elites dble sfv og kush' in it or anything from it's lineage '(sfv og kush X sour og(larry og x sour d v3)' in it. from there if you could say add dominance for each strain you have in clone from into the database where no new pheno's will occur you could really start having fun looking for interesting ways to chuck pollen if your into breeding.

so far just a few records in and i already REALLY like it! the only downside is i need a ipad because carrying a laptop around to record daily actions isn't convenient. so either you make a android version or i fall all the way in love with this app to the point of buying a iPad for it (i kinda want one anyways).

thanks again for sharing and so far so good!

Latest posts

Top Bottom