Free Grow Operation / Room Software

• Thread starter geekygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

geekygrower

Yes, and yes. Ok so i am in the finance tracker right now and i have quite a bit of stuff plugged in where it breaks down my expenses and the costs or income. so if i x out of the program wont my data be lost? i thought i would have to save it

Ahh I see.

No, Your data will automatically be saved every time you make ANY change.

There is no save button in the software.

M

Mr.

Oh wow. This is really awesome. The more I dig into to it the more I like it. Thanks for gifting it to all of us.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Geek i understand you not letting the code go i wouldn't either with paying customers. as far as the craig list posting goes if you did anything with the erotic section before the started charging (back when you only needed phone verified accounts) we may have crossed paths i made some nice money being a middle man to keep peoples posts on the top of busy cities lol.

Mr. i'm with you i am really digging this app and have been looking for something like this for a long time and have old threads to prove it lol.

G

geekygrower

Geek i understand you not letting the code go i wouldn't either with paying customers. as far as the craig list posting goes if you did anything with the erotic section before the started charging (back when you only needed phone verified accounts) we may have crossed paths i made some nice money being a middle man to keep peoples posts on the top of busy cities lol.

Mr. i'm with you i am really digging this app and have been looking for something like this for a long time and have old threads to prove it lol.

lol, never was on the erotic section!

K

Kenneth

I bought the grow assistant software a few months ago... im new to growing but i have to say that i LOVE the app. Honestly i dont know why people are so freaked out about security. Just turn off the internet while running the app. (if you feel paranoid)
Also really appreciate that you have now made it free for all! quick question. As i have a serial for the app... which version should i run? I have downloaded and am running version 4 (free version) I registered the software with my key... and in the about section it says: version level - ipad capable Professional: yes.

the finance section isnt there (havent had a chance to use it yet, but wouldnt mind having it for later.

Finally... the app would work find on iphone 4 right? if i buy fileMaker first? have you tried... works on the screen size etc?

On that note... you should really do a native app for iphone/ipad. I have been looking for such apps on the app store... there are some.. but they all suck! In my humble opinion you could make a very nice business from a native app for the app store.

G

geekygrower

I bought the grow assistant software a few months ago... im new to growing but i have to say that i LOVE the app. Honestly i dont know why people are so freaked out about security. Just turn off the internet while running the app. (if you feel paranoid)
Also really appreciate that you have now made it free for all! quick question. As i have a serial for the app... which version should i run? I have downloaded and am running version 4 (free version) I registered the software with my key... and in the about section it says: version level - ipad capable Professional: yes.

the finance section isnt there (havent had a chance to use it yet, but wouldnt mind having it for later.

Finally... the app would work find on iphone 4 right? if i buy fileMaker first? have you tried... works on the screen size etc?

On that note... you should really do a native app for iphone/ipad. I have been looking for such apps on the app store... there are some.. but they all suck! In my humble opinion you could make a very nice business from a native app for the app store.

Hey Kenneth,

For all paying customers I would recommend that you stick with the paid version 3.7x

The free version will become a different animal from the paid version so you should stick with the one that you paid for.

Regarding the iPhone app. This does work but yes you do need the filemaker app.

I originally designed the app for the iPad. While it will work great on the iPhone it's laid out for the pad.

Please keep an eye for version 4.01 to come out soon that will have very specific screen sizes for the iPhone.

due in a few days...

Regarding making a native iPad / iPhone app...

I've paid my money to become a developer and sent to apple a small mock up of what I wanted to do.

I was flat out rejected, several times.

The app store is not ready for a product like this.

I

ibTheMan

Thats cause apple sucks dick.

So your Not the Cops and this software is the Bomb? maybe ill give it ah try.

G

geekygrower

Thats cause apple sucks dick.

So your Not the Cops and this software is the Bomb? maybe ill give it ah try.

wow, ok....

no cop here... but don't trust me! protect yourself however you feel you should.

hope you enjoy the software....
conceived on a mac
designed on a mac
compiled on a mac
made for windows using a virtual environment on the mac
uploaded to a website that was designed on a mac

drop over to our forum if you have any feature requests.

I

ibTheMan

I like Mac not apple(as in there phones,cause of there carrier) there computers a very nice, the OS is nice.

G

geekygrower

yeah... little snitch is a good front end to your hosts file... you could of course just edit the hosts file yourself...

Also, you want to use a product called Wireshark to trace suspecting programs to see if they are leaking information.

If you have any fears of my software "leaking" simply follow these instructions

Mac
  1. open Terminal
  2. type sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
  3. enter your admin password
  4. enter the following line at the bottom of the file -- 127.0.0.1 growassistant.com

This will redirect all traffic going to growassistant.com back to your local computer effectively blocking the "leak"

Of course this will also block you from visiting www.growassistant.com in your browser

again, I have recomiled the program and have defaulted it to NOT send data back to us.... so the above may not be needed.

G

geekygrower

Hey all, I'm working on a new way to designate mothers and could use some suggestions.

E

ent

The only reason we will not "opensource" this software is to protect our development code as we still make versions of this software used by very large grow houses where there are multiple users using the software at any one time.

Can you fork it the project and release one version under a GPL or similar license? With software tracking data as sensitive as this it would be very understandable to want to have the capacity for a code review. I would imagine you'd get some help with development and ideas as it seems coders and buds seem to go hand in hand.

G

geekygrower

Can you fork it the project and release one version under a GPL or similar license? With software tracking data as sensitive as this it would be very understandable to want to have the capacity for a code review. I would imagine you'd get some help with development and ideas as it seems coders and buds seem to go hand in hand.

Thank you so much for the suggestion but I must do what I must to protect my work. Because of this I can not allow my code "any of it" to get into the public realm.

As I've said on my website. This software is only for the legal growing of legal plants....

so if you want to use this for medical marijuana and your legal you should have nothing to worry about.

However, if not then you must not use this software. or use this software to grow only legal plants. i.e. basil is a great plant to grow, as are roses!

S

Scruffy

He wont release the code for good reason

The latest release that is not supposed to have the "call home" feature in fact still has the option imbedded so you CANT turn it off !!!

Comodo firewall caught it and blocked the action so the question is what exactly are you farming with this program on those who install this program?

G

geekygrower

Scruffy, Please test this again, I found a few artifacts in version 4.0 that I didn't clear. Please try version 4.01.

I've tested this with wireshark and see no communications.

Thanks

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

upon start the app does try to phone home and i cant find that privacy setting to turn it off either. maybe i'll update to the new one.

wireshark is a good app i use it to diagnose network performance issues at work all the time.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

my nod32 firewall is set to prompt for all internet access this is how i noticed it but i forgot about it because i just set it to never allow it to connect to the internet and never looked for that privacy setting figuring i'm blocking it from a third party which is the best solution IMO if you are worried he is trying to get your data because if he was the privacy setting button would not work anyways it would be to just fool you into thinking the app was not going to phone home again.

G

geekygrower

yeah, please update...

The way the "phone home" feature worked is it would access the following webpage.

hxxp://www.growassistant.com/registercheck.php

you can see that the program is no longer attempting to access this webpage.

I feel I may have rushed moving this app into the free realm. My apologies for that. I the public feels I should pull it, I'd be happy to do so. I don't want anyone to feel uneasy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom