Free Samples?

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

if i find something interesting, i hit up my shop and ask them to contact the company to request samples. I find that most companies will go out of their way to get sample products to hydro stores instead of an individual going direct to the company itself. Just picked up the full line of Greenstone nutrients for a test grow fwiw, and they hooked it up! Ive done this multiple times, Black Label, Technaflora, Myco, BioAg, Beneficial Biologies, Roots Organics let me test their new B2 formula medium, etc... Especially if you leave credible feed back to the store and company for which you are sampling.
Sküna

Hey, just wondering what you thought of the B2 formula from Roots Organics. How does it differ from their regular soil mix?

I recently saw some in a local shop, but I'm reluctant to buy it there because the guy is a crook. I stopped by to pick up some plain coco, and he wanted $35 a bag. While I was there he was bragging about how he buys so much he doesn't pay for freight. Then he mentioned he had grow ops in a couple different states, so I figure dude doesn't care if anyone buys his products or not, because he's just using it as a scam to route his supplies. I know I sound like a cynical bastard, but something is going on there when everyone else in the area is 40% cheaper.

Last edited:
Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

Hey, just wondering what you thought of the B2 formula from Roots Organics. How does it differ from their regular soil mix?

I recently saw some in a local shop, but I'm reluctant to buy it there because the guy is a crook. I stopped by to pick up some plain coco, and he wanted $35 a bag. While I was there he was bragging about how he buys so much he doesn't pay for freight. Then he mentioned he had grow ops in a couple different states, so I figure dude doesn't care if anyone buys his products or not, because he's just using it as a scam to route his supplies. I know I sound like a cynical bastard, but something is going on there when everyone else in the area is 40% cheaper.

It was alright, i liked it because it had a blend of pretty much everything I use when I make my own blends, figured it would be worth the extra cost by skipping the labor. Anyways, it was cool, I like the amount of h2o retention, worked great for my raised beds. Definitely need to supplement with magnesium. I was using a camg, but started adding oyster shell to the medium and that seem to help. Also got back on my Epsom salt kick, foliar worked best fwiw.

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I hit up greenstone nutrients about samples and got a response back within a day. He had the nutes shipped the next day after inquiring. I've seen people saying they can't get samples and what not and I wouldn't fret one bit. I think a lot of it has to do with the time of year, and in my opinion the most important factor is your location. Like @MakinGoo said he is in cali so it is easy to meet in person and blaze sample buds. If you live in an area with absolutely no way to get the companies nutes local, then chances are Noone is running those nutes in your area and that company would absolutely love to get publicity in that region. At least that is how I would be thinking. I've asked for sample from many companies and a lot of the time received no response until I linked my IG account and previous journals. Make sure to add personalization to the pics so they know they're yours!

urban1026835

urban1026835

I live in the boonies for real and can say my experience has been for the most part successful in sampling nutrients. If you get the right sales rep there isn't a product that they wont send from lights to nutes to pots, grow medium etc.

Top Bottom