freezing fresh trim

• Thread starter BansheeRider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rolln J

reading something is not gonna make me feel any different about something I have been doing for 15+ years with great results and great success - I read lots in books and online about marijuana growing that I dont agree with all the time...

also I never used a bubble bag until this year! and still dont own them.

Blaze

Blaze

Using dry ice, huh? That's a new one to me, sounds like a pretty good idea too. Care to give any specifics?

R

Rolln J

just a few small pieces in with your water and ice, it dont take much, maybe 4 ice cube size pieces per bucket - be careful - use gloves or tongs when handling obviously - just makes your water a bit extra icey...

Blaze

Blaze

Hmmm... I might have to try that some time. I have found that keeping everything as cold as possible through out the entire process seems to produce a better product, and I bet that dry ice cools things off much faster than normal blocks of ice.

S

snowkitty

You can even pick up the dry ice at a lot of supermarkets when you buy your regular bags of ice. I wouldn't have wanted to track down specialty items for bubble hash, but my local grocer has a dry ice option right next to the standard ice bin. It's a bit of a hassle to wait for a qualified employee to come over and get it for you with tongs and gloves, but like Rolln J said, a little goes a long way.

J

jaybird

i stored my trim in the freezer after this past harvest....then later soaked it in everclear.....after straining 'em i cooked it in a rice cooker....condensed 6 pounds of trim into 8 oz of some of the cleanest Black Sunshine i've every enjoyed....bubble hash is another good one too....i have found that when making BHO ...you never really get all the butane residue out of the oil....so kind of defeats the purpose of using it for medical purposes when the butane is doing more harm then good...be safe and aloha

Blaze

Blaze

EXACTLY. This is why BHO is not sold in many of the medical co-ops here in California. It just blows me away that so many people think that butane is the best extract process out there. Compared to some of the other ways of making extracts, butane is pure crap.

R

Rolln J

EXACTLY. This is why BHO is not sold in many of the medical co-ops here in California. It just blows me away that so many people think that butane is the best extract process out there. Compared to some of the other ways of making extracts, butane is pure crap.

actually its not sold at many co-op because BHO is illegal in california...

Blaze

Blaze

Yeah that's true as well, but some of the more sketchy clubs will sometimes carry it. What Jaybird stated is one of the reasons I do not like butante extraction. It can give medical users a bad physical reaction (myself included.) There's no way you can convince me some that that causes a reaction like that in the body is "clean."

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Its supposed to be BOEL around here

LOL!!! Save away!!

Marco is a joke for letting Joe have his way with TY.

Aqua Lab Tech

You guys have different relashionship with the industry peeps than most of us here on The Farm

This getting a little like the sky is falling riddle...
You just dont know who to believe anymore...!
Pretty sad to be honest..

So i guess ill just have to try every method im interested in myself , And no longer will i take what anyone else has to say into account

Is there anybody in this industry that doesnt have somebody throwing salt at them ???

R

Rolln J

pretty lowbrow for an advertiser here to thro salt at another advertiser...

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

pretty lowbrow for an advertiser here to thro salt at another advertiser...
Let alone a "Moderator" wow

Between SKman the Dea agent hermie plants bubble bags So called breeders watered down dutch hybrids and corrupt contests dna marking strains at $45mil secret labs in uk, sativas being called indicas , Kushiekush and whos RCDWC bucket system is better.......

im Completely Confused.........:icon_dizzy:

H

headband707

Okay let me kinda make myself clear here as I see where this seems to be going. I already know that you can get stoned from bubble bag hash ,nice shit. As far as wet bud making hash why not ?? I also think this would work.Ppl eat raw bud and love it. The question in my mind is should bud be frozen? IMHO no I have had and smoked bud that has been accidentally frozen beside the exact same bud that wasn't and it loses somthing. I'm not saying you can't get stoned what I am saying is that the bud loses potency if frozen. If you see trichs under a microscope and they get frozen they explode and if medicine is frozen it changes which is why you don't freeze all your medicine. peace out Headband707

S

Sativus

I have an Idea for drying out loads of trimmings useing vacuum, I just have to design the system and build it, You should dry it, if it is already in the freezer and you want to remove it, let it come to room temp before you open the bag or ambient moisture will condense on your leaf and make it even worse.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Okay let me kinda make myself clear here as I see where this seems to be going. I already know that you can get stoned from bubble bag hash ,nice shit. As far as wet bud making hash why not ?? I also think this would work.Ppl eat raw bud and love it. The question in my mind is should bud be frozen? IMHO no I have had and smoked bud that has been accidentally frozen beside the exact same bud that wasn't and it loses somthing. I'm not saying you can't get stoned what I am saying is that the bud loses potency if frozen. If you see trichs under a microscope and they get frozen they explode and if medicine is frozen it changes which is why you don't freeze all your medicine. peace out Headband707

Yo Headband bro your right, But its not about freezing your smokable nuggs , its about lightly freezing trim and pop corn for making hash.....

H

headband707

Yup I believe you bro it's not that ... I will bow to all you guys skills making sweet hash ,I love a good smoke that ppl that know what they are doing with it ,my hats off to them lol.. It's just my personal experiece with this plant . So don't get me wrong with this thread lol peace out Headband707

Blaze

Blaze

Freezing bud = bad.

Freezing shake to make hash out of = good

FYI trich heads do not explode when frozen it actually preserves them very nicely. Here's a micro shot of some freshly harvest hash made from frozen material:

28 hash2
Top Bottom