Fresh Frozen, Dry Sugar, and Twister Side-by-Side

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

As the title says i ran 3 batches total, 1 of each type. Quantities were all about the same (one jammed full box of trim). However, i mixed these batches for quality, as they will be sent to the lab for testing.

ill go ahead and post pics of the set up, and of the initial crystal harvest. Microscope pics and the torch and paddle test will be in a day or two.

33 Degree, 0 ppm, hospital grade water was used for all 3 tests.

Sbshash1
Sbshash2
Sbshash3
Sbshash4
Sbshash5
Sbshash6
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet Setup

Got a drill and 2 5 gallon buckets myself, hash looks good

mal

Blaze

Blaze

Very nice, lookin' good DS. Curious to see what your lab tests come back at. Do you know if you are getting the liquid or the vapor test?

L

LikemindS

WOW! I digg the set up man! Awesome close ups. Are those the 20gal bags? Whats your verdict on taste tests?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Very nice, lookin' good DS. Curious to see what your lab tests come back at. Do you know if you are getting the liquid or the vapor test?

High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC). Why? do you have a preference?

Blaze

Blaze

Supposedly the liquid is not as accurate and tends to give artificially high numbers. The vapor is supposed to be more accurate as it tests what is actually inhaled by the smoker, but it tends to show lower numbers. At least that is what I was told by the lab that tested some of mine.

Blaze

Blaze

What is the 2nd pic in post #3? I like the look of it - all white/clear and pure.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

that one is my favorite looking too... its 23 micron fresh frozen... still haven't tried any of them.

Blaze

Blaze

That was 23 micron? Wow, what strain was that? My 25 is usually crap - what ever that was it sure has some small trich heads.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

So just curious, whats the going price of hash these days for an 8th(straight fire hash).

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

That was 23 micron? Wow, what strain was that? My 25 is usually crap - what ever that was it sure has some small trich heads.

usually my 20's are the worst as well, however i did very little mixing this time and i used 50 gallons of water to mix in. my theory is that if you do not break plant particles up to small sizes, (which easier with fresh frozen,) by the time you have filtered the other 7 bags the water is relatively cleaned. with only clean tris (and a lot of stocks) to be filtered.

but ill have to do more testing.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Blaze, upon further inspection i think that pic is actually the 43m fresh frozen. which makes lot more sense.

anyway here are a bunch of pics from the scope since i had so much fun...

Img00026
Img00030
Img00029
Img00027
Img00028
Img00031
Img00032
Top Bottom