Fresh Frozen, Dry Sugar, and Twister Side-by-Side

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LikemindS

DUUUUUUDE! Those scope pics are the something spectacular. What magnification?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

so much fun blaze... glad you were around to check everything out.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Damnit... I need a new camera... Those are sick shots desertsquirrel! :sign0005:

P.S. That THC percentage is off the hook! :rock

Blaze

Blaze

90 m fresh frozen...

So was the breakdown on this explained to you DS? I am curious what they mean by "inactive cannabanoids." I noticed that it says THC: 8.28% and then under "inactive" it says THC-A: 58.33%. So which one is really the available THC content?

Also did you see a difference between the dry, the fresh frozen, and the twister?

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

What strain? That's crazy blonde!

Which one tastes the best? I would assume the stuff from the Twister would be somewhat degraded.

Looks very nice.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

now that's what i'm talking about. so much cheap hash on the market. no one takes pride in doing it right anymore. i'm impressed.
my understanding is that the inactive thcA is the precursor to thc. curing or heating (cooking or smoking) will remove the carbon molecule and make it available to the brain. as thca is smoked, it becomes thc. i remember my friends' old hippy dad telling us that you can't eat pot raw because it needs a little heat to work. it's the same concept. that 58% inactive thc will come around when it is smoked.
i've also read recipes calling for activated trichomes. same thing again. you can sprinkle hash on your salad like bacon bits as long as you find a way to heat it first.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

now that's what i'm talking about. so much cheap hash on the market. no one takes pride in doing it right anymore. i'm impressed.
my understanding is that the inactive thcA is the precursor to thc. curing or heating (cooking or smoking) will remove the carbon molecule and make it available to the brain. as thca is smoked, it becomes thc. i remember my friends' old hippy dad telling us that you can't eat pot raw because it needs a little heat to work. it's the same concept. that 58% inactive thc will come around when it is smoked.
i've also read recipes calling for activated trichomes. same thing again. you can sprinkle hash on your salad like bacon bits as long as you find a way to heat it first.

my feelings exactly. and thank you for the complements.

I think the full 69% is all active no? or is it just the 58?

HG23

HG23

You must have had a High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) test done. From my understanding this tests the makeup in the actual sample, as opposed to the smoke/vapor. A Gas Chromatography (GC) boils or vaporizes cannabinoids to measure them. The main issue with the HPLC is a lack of standards I think. As your hash sits right now in the jar it has the 8.28% thc and 58.33% thca but when it gets smoked not all the thca gets converted to thc and some is converted into other chemicals so who knows what you're really getting. That's why the GC tests are viewed as a little more accurate as far as what the end user will actually intake.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome Job

It all looks good to me, nice setup, hash, pictures and scope pictures. The numbers don't mean much to me, how about a puff. Just kidding, great posts

mal

B

billybadazz

^^^This is called "decarboxylation"

A

aRiv

Ds, you mention twister in the title.. are you using the trim from the twister machine? I always wondered if it was worth getting a set of bags and running the stuff from my Rthunder through them?

some nice melt thats for sure!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Ds, you mention twister in the title.. are you using the trim from the twister machine? I always wondered if it was worth getting a set of bags and running the stuff from my Rthunder through them?

some nice melt thats for sure!

Yeah some is from the twister. Its not top shelf but its not terrible.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I agree with HG; GC is really the only way to go when testing samples because they tend to be way more accurate. not to hate on your results and from what i know only a small portion of the thc-A will convert into active thc at the time of smoking. If you haven't looked into heated presses that could be a good investment the heat and the pressure will convert a large % of the thc-A into active THC; In conjunction i find that my 100'S to my 70's make the best bubble the 20's for me always tend to have a greater sheen to them but less potency, anyways beautiful results man! Take it easy

Top Bottom