Fresh Run. Fresh Room

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

You will want to use 6 ga 4 strand wire to go that distance,and going from main panel to installing a second panel you will want that extra ground wire in there so thats why i say use 4 strand.i know you said just a few lights plus equipment ,but a grower is never happy.you will want to add more shit eventually so go bigger.plus a 200 foot run has a sizable amp loss with smaller wire.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
dsc00664-jpg.187889

Cottenmouth

Cottenmouth

look close at the plants around it bro..do you see anything?
All the neighbors are healthy as can be , even my headband and its really nute sensitive. I can take cuttings and the cuttings straighten right out good growth and all of the new growth is picture perfect. It's like hitting the reset button. That's why I started thinking it was a root problem. Here is a pic of a cutting off her after 3 weeks
Forgive me for the l.e.d. shot
IMG 20151105 184332570
IMG 20151105 184332570

G gnome

G gnome

You will want to use 6 ga 4 strand wire to go that distance,and going from main panel to installing a second panel you will want that extra ground wire in there so thats why i say use 4 strand.i know you said just a few lights plus equipment ,but a grower is never happy.you will want to add more shit eventually so go bigger.plus a 200 foot run has a sizable amp loss with smaller wire.
Im not an electrician but cant the ground wire go to a grounding rod? Save a few bucks on wire?

sixstring

sixstring

Well if your setting up a new breaker box or sub panel you want the 4 wire so you can bring both hot leads,the common,and ground into the new panel.theres always a cheaper way lol,but to do it safely and to carry enough load for future expansion it should be done in 6 ga or bigger wire.
My shop is about 160 feet away and i think we ran 180 feet of wire.i used direct burial aluminum wire which was a bit cheaper than copper.im good for 100 amps but im probably close to 80 now so with that whole 80% jazz im pretty much maxed out lol.
But yeah if your just putting in a few outlets 3 wire will be fine.but everything will need to be the same voltage on that curcuit.

G gnome

G gnome

Im pretty sure for a subpanel u can run 2 hots and a neutral to the main panel and for a ground just pound in a grounding rod and run a line to that from ur neutral block.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Thank you Sixstring that's what I was afraid of. Of course I will need to go bigger in future. Always trying to add shit..
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

I was thinking if I'm doing it I might as well do it right. Right?
So I want 220 ran out there and then split it to 220 for lights and or A/c,and 110 for all other outlets. So 6 gauge is it?
Thanks again guys..
I think I will call a different Electrician friend ,and see if he can help me.. It's a good thing working on pools,I meet all different labors.
STR8

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Let's say I've got a couple z's I wanted to do something with, what's the easiest, cheapest, way to get something good out of it? I know I could just make up some butter but, I'm thinking more something smoke-able.

Top Bottom