Friend Or Foe?

• Thread starter Oldmateslim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Look like some kind of wasp to me. I did a google photo search and sweat bees came up. Maybe check there.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

A friend also said maybe a digger wasp. Ill keep looking

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Kinda looks like a spider wasp. I don’t like either of them and somehow you crazy asses managed to mingle them together, ha!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Found this guy in my veg tent, im assuming hes there to eat some whitefly or something similar? Is this a sign of anything bad or just luck that he made his way in there?

I don't know what it is, but great pic dude. Being in N Amer. I've never seen a wasp with mandibles and feelers like that. You guys got some trippy insects down there.

H

Highkev

Off with his head. Don’t chance it. Do indeed him there to fight any other big problems your having? If so will he alone do enuff? Off with his head

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Off with his head. Don’t chance it. Do indeed him there to fight any other big problems your having? If so will he alone do enuff? Off with his head

Here in N.Amer wasps are usually beneficial insects but the Aussie ecology is way different than ours and wasps could be a pest more often than not, for all I know. The paper wasps wreck my outdoor plants upper leaves all spring but they also kill a lot of nasties, so I generally leave them be.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

We got those robbers ...ive spent the last hour trying to find that insect lol.i have seen it before and have had a similar one but with black grey bands on abdomen hangin out on leaves..that one in pic they move pretty quick.i cant understand why i cant find a pic so i sent it to an online ste that can identify it..i dont think they will hurt the girls..it could b a beneficial predator just hanging out waitin for its nxt meal.it looks like it bites lol like everythin else here.bloody marsh flies are a prick right now.

patchgrower

patchgrower

you never know ,my buddy had a toad living with his plants .
he just moved from plant to plant cleaning bugs i guess.
he stayed for about 3 months and just disappeared.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

I honesly never saw that bug again and am assuming it was some sort of wasp that made its way in there, didn't seem to be up to anything and not long after this thread started it disappeared along with all the small flies (whitefly or something that there was only a handful of)

Funny thing is I chopped today and found the ladybug I put in my flower wardrobe in week 1 alive and well, must have been doing its job

Latest posts

Top Bottom